901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I called USCIS yesterday just to make sure there wasn't anything missing because I didn't want to receive a letter saying there's a checklist and delay the process even more. I was told that even though my center is Vermont and they have a 5 month processing time, I should keep checking online as a lot of them are getting approved within three months time.

I was just looking at the timeline processing dates and yesterday it was saying April 12th for Vermont and now it's saying April 2nd. How is that possible for them to be going backwards? Or is it how this site is set up that whenever people update, it shows that particular date instead of the most recent date?

They are being overwhelmed by DACA petitions and renewals for illegals. It looks like these are once again taking presidence over the petitions of US citizens, in line with this administrations established policies of favoring illegal aliens over US citizens.

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

I called USCIS yesterday just to make sure there wasn't anything missing because I didn't want to receive a letter saying there's a checklist and delay the process even more. I was told that even though my center is Vermont and they have a 5 month processing time, I should keep checking online as a lot of them are getting approved within three months time.

I was just looking at the timeline processing dates and yesterday it was saying April 12th for Vermont and now it's saying April 2nd. How is that possible for them to be going backwards? Or is it how this site is set up that whenever people update, it shows that particular date instead of the most recent date?

Kulfi, the processing times listed on this site are pulled from timeline data input by users. It gives an approximate date based on when people received from their NOA1 - it doesn't just find the most recent earliest NOA1 date and assume they're working on ones from that time period.

Consider yourself lucky to have gotten Vermont. I've sat and watched Nebraska spiral downwards from the best to the worst performing service centre. And with the DACA expansion speculation, I'm beginning to lose all of my positivity.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

I have heard so many different stories. Some people told me Vermont was the slowest and that really didn't help trying to stay positive. It's hard to decide how to take forward life decisions since we don't actually know how long it will take for our spouses to get here. We should be the first priorities considering we work so hard and pay taxes.

Yay! Woke up this morning in,perth Western Australia to an email from NVC that we can pay AoS invoice!!

So excited to keep things moving. Hope it starts going fast for the rest of you!!! :)

IR1 - Spouse VisaPetition I-130

Posted from Australia 05/24/2014

Email receipt received 06/09/2014

Paid from Bank 06/09/2014

Approved online update on case status 06/20/2014

Received NOA1 in the post 06/22/2014

NOA2 received in post 07/10/2014

NVC

Email from NVC 8/7/2014

AoS ready for paymentDS-261 submitted 8/8/2014

AoS Fee Paid 8/12/2014

AoS and IV scan date 10/25/2014

Checklist: 12/18/2014

Posted updated packet for checklist on 2/25/2015

Received by NVC 3/2/2015

Case Complete: 3/2/2015

Interview: 4/21/2015

Approved: 4/21/2014

POE: 6/2/2015<p>

Yay! Woke up this morning in,perth Western Australia to an email from NVC that we can pay AoS invoice!!

So excited to keep things moving. Hope it starts going fast for the rest of you!!! :)

Congrats! Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

I have heard so many different stories. Some people told me Vermont was the slowest and that really didn't help trying to stay positive. It's hard to decide how to take forward life decisions since we don't actually know how long it will take for our spouses to get here. We should be the first priorities considering we work so hard and pay taxes.

I know exactly how you feel.

The authority I work for announced that they were going to restructure back in May, and as such, offered voluntary redundancies. I jumped at the chance to join my wife with a good payoff. We filed back in May. From the timelines given by USCIS, I calculated I'd be there by December. I accepted the redundancy which comes into effect in September.

Then I joined VisaJourney and became a little bit wiser about delays, and DACA. So essentially, I'll be out of a good job in September with no idea of when I'll be able to leave. I have to go and live with my mother in Wales and try and find some part time casual work to keep things ticking over... But I don't know whether that's possible because she lives in the middle if nowhere. The instability scares me. I call my wife every day and we talk about what kind of house we'll have together; and then immediately stop looking at listings when we realise, for the millionth time, that we might have to wait another year until we can do it. We've already waited five to be together. She's worth it; but, I'm finding it tough. I did post a lot here but I've been avoiding it recently, I just didn't want to find out about any more bad news. I logged in today as I missed talking to a few of my friends, and helping others on this thread; the first thing I saw was a post about DACA expansion. It's extremely upsetting.

I know exactly how you feel.

The authority I work for announced that they were going to restructure back in May, and as such, offered voluntary redundancies. I jumped at the chance to join my wife with a good payoff. We filed back in May. From the timelines given by USCIS, I calculated I'd be there by December. I accepted the redundancy which comes into effect in September.

Then I joined VisaJourney and became a little bit wiser about delays, and DACA. So essentially, I'll be out of a good job in September with no idea of when I'll be able to leave. I have to go and live with my mother in Wales and try and find some part time casual work to keep things ticking over... But I don't know whether that's possible because she lives in the middle if nowhere. The instability scares me. I call my wife every day and we talk about what kind of house we'll have together; and then immediately stop looking at listings when we realise, for the millionth time, that we might have to wait another year until we can do it. We've already waited five to be together. She's worth it; but, I'm finding it tough. I did post a lot here but I've been avoiding it recently, I just didn't want to find out about any more bad news. I logged in today as I missed talking to a few of my friends, and helping others on this thread; the first thing I saw was a post about DACA expansion. It's extremely upsetting.

Exactly! My husband is a doctor and he's finished his residency. Submitting his thesis in a month. He is confused if he should take up a job with a hospital right now or wait because the hospital he did his residency at is very busy and don't allow time off in between except the weekends. So if during this time, he has to go to embassy or something, it will become difficult. Plus the embassy is five hrs of drive from where he lives. So it's not that easy to take one day off and hope everything just gets done.

Just keep yourself strong. I do the same thing with my husband in regards to the house talk, etc.. One minute of excitement and then you realize there's still time to decide.

What's your priority date? Mine is may 5th.

Exactly! My husband is a doctor and he's finished his residency. Submitting his thesis in a month. He is confused if he should take up a job with a hospital right now or wait because the hospital he did his residency at is very busy and don't allow time off in between except the weekends. So if during this time, he has to go to embassy or something, it will become difficult. Plus the embassy is five hrs of drive from where he lives. So it's not that easy to take one day off and hope everything just gets done.

Just keep yourself strong. I do the same thing with my husband in regards to the house talk, etc.. One minute of excitement and then you realize there's still time to decide.

What's your priority date? Mine is may 5th.

I'm just trying to ignore all the information and remind myself I'm still only three months in to the wait, there's still plenty of time for it to be done within their timescales. Mine's May 6th.

Hello everyone, I hope you're all well.

In order to stop myself from venting spleen or using VJ as an opportunity to rant (rather than help others), which I seem to have been falling into the trap of recently, I've started a blog to help chronicle the journey to eventual citizenship with my own personal thoughts and feelings. It can be found here;

Happy reading!

Best way to be positive is that no news is good news! I would have to say the delays are upsetting also, but you know what? We are all human beings. I wanted my significant other here before the year was done, and now that is looking like it won't be till February with all these deals. It really sucks, but just contact a congressman from your state and have them asking why your legal petition is being delayed compared to all the illegals that have come over? Are we not just shipping them out? So how should that interfere with us? I've been contacting NVC every time and making record of who I talked to, hope that helps that your not alone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Since it's only been about 3 months, is it considered delayed? I dont know if I should contact Vermont or my congressman at this point.

Since it's only been about 3 months, is it considered delayed? I dont know if I should contact Vermont or my congressman at this point.

Not at this stage. The target processing time for the I-130 is 5 months.

I've written a blog post around delays to the immigrant via processing times and dealing with them here.

Happy reading!

Edited by shippingforecast

Hello everyone, I hope you're all well.

In order to stop myself from venting spleen or using VJ as an opportunity to rant (rather than help others), which I seem to have been falling into the trap of recently, I've started a blog to help chronicle the journey to eventual citizenship with my own personal thoughts and feelings. It can be found here;

Happy reading!

Wonderful Idea! Thanks for that, I'll surely keep myself busy reading it. Anything to distract myself. :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Can people with a may priority date where are u at in the process?

**Post merged with existing thread.**

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.