Nikki88

February 2014 TSC Filers

570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

July 1st is almost here!! We sent our application on January 31st, but our NOA1 date is February 4th - July 4th will mark our 5 months!

My fiancé has just drafted a letter to his Senator in Connecticut (Richard Blumenthal), he is a member of the subcommittee for immigration, refugees and border security. We brought up the issue of the discrepancy between TSC and CSC with some of the data on the USCIS website - so fingers crossed for something!

We're going to fax the letter over sometime this week (figured a lot of people won't be in the office as it's a national holiday on Friday, so they'll probably process it next week) and according to his website, we should have a response within 30 days.

I really hope everyone hears something this month!! :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

July 1st is almost here!! We sent our application on January 31st, but our NOA1 date is February 4th - July 4th will mark our 5 months!

My fiancé has just drafted a letter to his Senator in Connecticut (Richard Blumenthal), he is a member of the subcommittee for immigration, refugees and border security. We brought up the issue of the discrepancy between TSC and CSC with some of the data on the USCIS website - so fingers crossed for something!

We're going to fax the letter over sometime this week (figured a lot of people won't be in the office as it's a national holiday on Friday, so they'll probably process it next week) and according to his website, we should have a response within 30 days.

I really hope everyone hears something this month!! :-)

. You and I have the same timeline. My fiancee would contact his congressman in 10 days probably. I hope we all hear sth soon. It seems to me that they are done with most of Dec filers. They are now processing January.

Filed: Other Timeline

Right now in Canada, visiting my fiance. I'm here for five more days, but I'm already feeling the weight of leaving. After this one, I don't even know when we'll be able to visit each other again.

Uncertainty is what gets me. The patience I've had is wearing thin as our five month date looms closer. To think that I'm leaving next week and I have no idea when we'll see each other again. This kills me.

Five months ago I was feeling really positive about all this. As our date nears, doubt starts setting in, and all these hypothetical paranoid questions pop up :

What if the person who gets our case just lets it sit there because we're a same sex couple and they refuse to process it?

What if months go by, and still I have no answer?

What if being in Puerto Rico affects my case, because so many people (probably even those in the US) don't understand the awkward political relationship PR has as a commonwealth of the US?

Who would I write to?

We have no senator for PR, only a resident commissioner. And he has expressed his opinion against same sex marriage many times. Then, if months do go by, I doubt writing to him would make any difference at all. I'd probably be paranoid that it could actually hurt our case.

So I have tried not to think about it too much. Our daily Skype convos have been helpful and a definite blessing, so I've taken it fine, so far. But being in Canada and knowing that I'll be heading back soon, has made it impossible for me not to think about it. Without any future date set for our next visit (we've spent a lot of money as I came to Canada in January as well), I don't have the next "thing" that usually helps us endure the wait.

And sadness is definitely setting in. The one that knows that we simply can't do anything else but wait some more. And hope for the best.

But the sadness, man. It will be at an all time high within 5 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Our 5 month Mark arrives July 12th. I've got my vaccinations, filed for police check, started my cover letter of intent and bought my dress...I'm prepared up to my eyeballs and have done everything possible to distract myself from the increasing anxiety. I think the hardest part is not knowing what's going on and for me personally, realising I have no control over this process which plays such a major part in our lives. Replaying possible horror story outcomes in my mind and developing a unhealthy relationship with the USCIS website. It's really good to see people with the same timeline as us. I keep telling myself "life can't be that unfair, everything will work out". Good luck to everyone, let's try to collectively hold our s**t together and hopefully this is our month! Happy 1st July

Timeline

Right now in Canada, visiting my fiance. I'm here for five more days, but I'm already feeling the weight of leaving. After this one, I don't even know when we'll be able to visit each other again.

Uncertainty is what gets me. The patience I've had is wearing thin as our five month date looms closer. To think that I'm leaving next week and I have no idea when we'll see each other again. This kills me.

Five months ago I was feeling really positive about all this. As our date nears, doubt starts setting in, and all these hypothetical paranoid questions pop up :

What if the person who gets our case just lets it sit there because we're a same sex couple and they refuse to process it?

What if months go by, and still I have no answer?

What if being in Puerto Rico affects my case, because so many people (probably even those in the US) don't understand the awkward political relationship PR has as a commonwealth of the US?

Who would I write to?

We have no senator for PR, only a resident commissioner. And he has expressed his opinion against same sex marriage many times. Then, if months do go by, I doubt writing to him would make any difference at all. I'd probably be paranoid that it could actually hurt our case.

So I have tried not to think about it too much. Our daily Skype convos have been helpful and a definite blessing, so I've taken it fine, so far. But being in Canada and knowing that I'll be heading back soon, has made it impossible for me not to think about it. Without any future date set for our next visit (we've spent a lot of money as I came to Canada in January as well), I don't have the next "thing" that usually helps us endure the wait.

And sadness is definitely setting in. The one that knows that we simply can't do anything else but wait some more. And hope for the best.

But the sadness, man. It will be at an all time high within 5 days.

I know exactly how you feel right now. When we filed in January I was excited, I only focused on forums that had said this process would take 3 months before we'd see an approval. I was completely naive, and this was before I saw the TSC vs CSC discrepancy, and even then I continued to hold out hope, like I am now!

Don't get paranoid over these issues, I can imagine for a case officer they wouldn't differentiate, an application is an application, the more they get processed the better. And don't worry about the issue with Puerto Rico being a commonwealth, there are definitely others in the same situation as you, I saw the other day someone applying for a K-1 just a town over from my fiance and TSC has definitely dealt with cases from Puerto Rico before. Once your 5 month mark has passed, get in contact with USCIS to get an update, it seems everyone gets varying opinions as to where their case is, but some even see an approval within a week or two with calling! Make the most of the time you have with your fiance, and think the next time you will be in Puerto Rico - you will be getting married!

This should be an exciting time! Don't let USCIS ruin it for you, you're getting married and starting your life with someone you love! This should only make your relationship stronger, and you'll look back on it this time next year and think you'll never have to worry about being apart again! It will feel good!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guys, at the end of the day 5-6 months is a very short time in the grand scheme of things. I went 24 years not even knowing my fiance existed. I spent almost 4 years in college. I'm coming up on 5 months since filing my I-129F with no response, and even though it's been disappointing that we haven't had a response, I know that in a couple months everything is going to be different and I'll have the rest of my life to spend with her. Let this be a testing time in your relationships. If you can make it this long apart then you should be able to make it together.

Just trying to put a positive spin on things...

Filed: Other Timeline

I know exactly how you feel right now. When we filed in January I was excited, I only focused on forums that had said this process would take 3 months before we'd see an approval. I was completely naive, and this was before I saw the TSC vs CSC discrepancy, and even then I continued to hold out hope, like I am now!

Don't get paranoid over these issues, I can imagine for a case officer they wouldn't differentiate, an application is an application, the more they get processed the better. And don't worry about the issue with Puerto Rico being a commonwealth, there are definitely others in the same situation as you, I saw the other day someone applying for a K-1 just a town over from my fiance and TSC has definitely dealt with cases from Puerto Rico before. Once your 5 month mark has passed, get in contact with USCIS to get an update, it seems everyone gets varying opinions as to where their case is, but some even see an approval within a week or two with calling! Make the most of the time you have with your fiance, and think the next time you will be in Puerto Rico - you will be getting married!

This should be an exciting time! Don't let USCIS ruin it for you, you're getting married and starting your life with someone you love! This should only make your relationship stronger, and you'll look back on it this time next year and think you'll never have to worry about being apart again! It will feel good!

Thanks for that! This really makes me feel a lot better. We're having a good time, and he told me he really appreciates your post as well <3.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

We hit our 5 month today. God help us.

Good luck!!!

Call them for a Service Request tomorrow, its usually the day after your 5 months bench. Keep us posted, Good Luck!!!!

I doubt they will be open on 4th of July :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Call them for a Service Request tomorrow, its usually the day after your 5 months bench. Keep us posted, Good Luck!!!!

. I cant call guys. Im the beneficiary. Hopefully my fiancee is gonna call tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

. I cant call guys. Im the beneficiary. Hopefully my fiancee is gonna call tomorrow.

Yea most likely they are closed tomorrow, but never hurts to try right... Otherwise you get your answer on Monday july 7 I guess...

Timeline

They won't look into your case normally until around 6 months. 5 months and just over is still considered within normal processing unfortunately.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-03

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-10

I-129F NOA2: 2014-08-28

Sent to NVC: 2014-09-03

Arrived at NVC: 2014-09-12

Case Number: 2014-09-16

Embassy Received Case: 2014-09-23

Medical (Passed). 2014-10-23

Interview (APPROVED) 2014-12-18

Visa In Hand. 2014-12-30

MOVING DAY!!! 2015-01-02

Wedding!! 2015-01-24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.