S-C

April 2014 TSC Filers

226 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

After just having spent two and a half weeks together we are apart again, and I'm feeling even more disheartened. My hope for all of us is that this process somehow speeds by and the TSC picks up pace. A girl can dream! (by the way, both I and my fiancé use this account, in case anyone finds any shifty gender change- hahaha). Now I'm going to try to stay busy and stop obsessively checking the case status- which I know hasn't changed- and worrying over if I accidentally did something wrong in the application. I hope I'm not the only one terrified I've forgotten something. Stay positive!

I know this is crazy but at this point, I'm praying for the day I might get an RFE because that would at least mean something was happening. Obviously, I would hope it was an easy fix. But be careful what you wish for! I don't literally want one, just want to know there's something going on with our petition :/

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm as mad as anyone about the discrepancy between TSC and CSC. But it makes it a little easier knowing that it is completely out of my hands. There is absolutely no incentive for the United States government to be more efficient. I have accepted the fact that there is nothing I can physically do myself until 6 months have passed (October 2nd). If something happens before that, it will be an unexpected gift.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It sure would be nice to somebody making forward progress even a RFE would be nice.. Checking this forum daily and seeing nothing is not fun.

Totally agree. It's a bit depressing actually. I refuse to look at the other April 2014 Filers thread. Seeing all the people from CSC getting approved inside a month just gets me down.

04/15/2014 - Filed I129-F

04/22/2014 - NOA 1 received (TSC)

08/11/2014 - Notice of transfer received (CSC)

09/18/2014 - NOA 2 received

11/12/2014 - Interview Date (approved)

12/01/2014 - US Arrival Date

12/10/2014 - Married

02/05/2014 - AOS Filed

02/28/2015 - Notified of Request for Initial Evidence

03/10/2015 - Sent Requested Evidence

04/03/2015 - EAD and Advanced Parole Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It sure as heck feels like it. I know we haven't been waiting as long as other filers & anytime we complain we get told not to because it hasn't been that long, but you know what? This waiting sucks. I don't know when anything will happen, I have no freaking idea & that kills me. I can't make plans. And I miss him so freaking much & it hurts. I don't care how long you've been separated from your fiancé, it hurts & this sucks. Yes, in the grand scheme of things it's not that long, but my heart doesn't understand.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's okay to complain or be down about your waiting time, regardless of others who have been waiting longer. Other people's problems don't make your problems irrelevant. That's like saying you can't be happy because someone else is happier. Boo to them. I would say be sad all you want, but do try not to be too sad. Try to stay upbeat and positive as much as possible, I try though it sometimes seems impossible, perhaps that will help hurry the time along.

-C

04/15/2014 - Filed I129-F

04/22/2014 - NOA 1 received (TSC)

08/11/2014 - Notice of transfer received (CSC)

09/18/2014 - NOA 2 received

11/12/2014 - Interview Date (approved)

12/01/2014 - US Arrival Date

12/10/2014 - Married

02/05/2014 - AOS Filed

02/28/2015 - Notified of Request for Initial Evidence

03/10/2015 - Sent Requested Evidence

04/03/2015 - EAD and Advanced Parole Approved

It sure as heck feels like it. I know we haven't been waiting as long as other filers & anytime we complain we get told not to because it hasn't been that long, but you know what? This waiting sucks. I don't know when anything will happen, I have no freaking idea & that kills me. I can't make plans. And I miss him so freaking much & it hurts. I don't care how long you've been separated from your fiancé, it hurts & this sucks. Yes, in the grand scheme of things it's not that long, but my heart doesn't understand.

I feel for you jewels :) well this thing is not gonna be as bad as it is right now if we don't see the exorbitant discrepancy between the service centers, if we all waited the same amount of time, then we wouldn't complain at all. I feel sad to see that May filers from CSC gets their NOA2 between 2 weeks to a month, and at the same time if we feel like this, what more does the people waiting since November. We'll all feel like were back from the dead once we hear something from them, either RFE or NOA2.

They should hire more people for them to be efficient and effective! :ranting::protest::ranting::protest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel for you jewels :) well this thing is not gonna be as bad as it is right now if we don't see the exorbitant discrepancy between the service centers, if we all waited the same amount of time, then we wouldn't complain at all. I feel sad to see that May filers from CSC gets their NOA2 between 2 weeks to a month, and at the same time if we feel like this, what more does the people waiting since November. We'll all feel like were back from the dead once we hear something from them, either RFE or NOA2.

They should hire more people for them to be efficient and effective! :ranting::protest::ranting::protest:

I agree. The time discrepancy between the two centers is wrong and unacceptable. The whole process is inefficient. It would be nice to at least have a way for them to report to us anything about the status of our applications other than, "Initial Review". The system is inefficient and needs to be seriously looked at. If I ran a business the way they seem to run the service centers I would have no customers. I think it's totally fair for someone to vent about their feelings and the whole process. Isn't that what the forums are partially for? Bottom line of the matter is if nobody says anything about the discrepancy and how inefficient and unfair the system is then nothing will ever change. Just my two cents.

A journey of 2855KM begins with a single step.

-NOA 2 9/26/2014 Finally

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I try to stay positive. We talk every day (he is 5 hours ahead & works nights), so I wake up at 3am to talk to him for a few hours before I go to work. We talk on my day off for a long time before he leaves for work & any other chance we get. We also text each other constantly throughout the day. It helps. But I'd rather we were together properly.

What I don't understand is all the posts I read about couples fighting with each other during this process. Honestly, it's brought us even closer. If I get upset, he comforts me & vice versa. He's an amazing man & I can't wait til I'm his wife. I also plan on doing whatever I can to make him comfortable when he's here. England & the US aren't that much differebt, but I expect there to be a degree of homesickness. I already know of stores that sell British snack food & I'll do anything else needed to ease his transition.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

I try to stay positive. We talk every day (he is 5 hours ahead & works nights), so I wake up at 3am to talk to him for a few hours before I go to work. We talk on my day off for a long time before he leaves for work & any other chance we get. We also text each other constantly throughout the day. It helps. But I'd rather we were together properly.

What I don't understand is all the posts I read about couples fighting with each other during this process. Honestly, it's brought us even closer. If I get upset, he comforts me & vice versa. He's an amazing man & I can't wait til I'm his wife. I also plan on doing whatever I can to make him comfortable when he's here. England & the US aren't that much differebt, but I expect there to be a degree of homesickness. I already know of stores that sell British snack food & I'll do anything else needed to ease his transition.

I don't understand the drama that people are complaining about, they should be happy that they are with their love ones, in the first place they filed for k1 which requires a lot of patience and they get through it. I think the problem with these people are instead of dealing with their problems privately, they share it with the whole netizens, that won't solve any problems, In fact it will heat everything up and will just turn into a disaster when the other half reads about it.talk it out. Just saying. This is not a private website, everybody can see what other people are posting. ;) anyways, long distance will work out if two people put the same effort to make it work :) constant communication, and sleep sacrifices just to talk with your hubby in the middle of the night is a lot of effort :) with the time difference, we all try to make it work, and I agree that it makes your relationship stronger :)

I agree. The time discrepancy between the two centers is wrong and unacceptable. The whole process is inefficient. It would be nice to at least have a way for them to report to us anything about the status of our applications other than, "Initial Review". The system is inefficient and needs to be seriously looked at. If I ran a business the way they seem to run the service centers I would have no customers. I think it's totally fair for someone to vent about their feelings and the whole process. Isn't that what the forums are partially for? Bottom line of the matter is if nobody says anything about the discrepancy and how inefficient and unfair the system is then nothing will ever change. Just my two cents.

Funny thing is, they had this idea community in the USCIS website where you could write freely and vent out your frustrations from their service and at the same time for them to improve it. This said community was open last April but when they received a high amount of complaints they shut it down immediately. I'm not surprised. But this thing is crazy, maybe the USCIS just expects good reviews from people not the other way around, but people won't write any good comments or reviews if they don't fix their system, if they want a good review fix the darn system! :) I'm not mad by the way, just scratching my head! Edited by Jennyaandbrian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

It's a government operation :jest:. Nothing else really needs to be said and knowing this I am not the least bit surprised by the complete ineptitude and disorganization of this agency or any other government agency, at the very least be thankful you are not in need of medical care :dead: provided by the VA.

A positive thought, every day that passes is one day closer to being together and that is what matters most.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I fight with my fiancé all the time. I don't do it on purpose, but it happens. And 99% of our arguments are me getting upset because he isn't doing certain things. While America & Russia have similarities, the culture is very different sometimes. That's where a lot of our issues come in. He likes to say that just because we love each other, our relationship can never have any issues. That means I'm not allowed to be upset when I barely talk to him at all & when I finally do, he spends 30 minutes with me during a broken conversation because he's distracted, then he says he wants to watch a movie or play a game & there goes talking to him at all for the rest of the night. If I'm lucky, he comes back for a quick goodnight. I feel neglected & he thinks I'm nagging him to spend 24/7 texting me. Everyone handles this process differently. I work full time, go to college full time & did all of our visa stuff basically all on my own without my fiancé's help. I'm stressed all the time so yeah, we argue. Doesn't mean we love each other any less. I see it as getting all of our "first year newlywed issues" out of the way now. We don't have a problem in person. Just a problem with trying to maintain a good, healthy relationship being so far apart. If you don't ever fight with your fiancé, that's awesome. But isn't necessarily indicative of a perfect relationship. Anyway, sorry to rant. Just bothered me because I know that we fight & we still love each other more every day, even with arguments.

Edited by Meghan&Andrey
04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree, I am a jan TSC filer and I just got an RFE, as though I am not please at all about the RFE because I sent tons of evidence and pretty sure I filled out everything I needed now I have to wait til the letter to even know what I did wrong. Whichever it is that I did do wrong, I plan on fixing it and sending it back the same day for overnight shipping. I am grateful though that someone is actually working on my case and hopefully after this is fixed I should be approved soon. I also find it depressing to go to a recent month and see Cali petitioners already getting their NOA2. I have three kids waiting for their dad to come home so this process has just been depressing and long. Good luck to everyone!

Jan 22 2014-NOA 1

June 2 2014- RFE through Email

June 6th 2014- Received RFE in mail then sent back with response through overnight mail

June 13th 2014- NOA2 through email

June 17th 2014- Received email notification that package is on it's way to NVC

June 18th 2014- Received NOA2 letter in mail

June 25th 2014- NVC received

June 26th 2014- Case number assigned

June 30th 2014- Case left NVC, on way to Germany!

July 2nd 2014- Case arrived in Germany

July 9th 2014- Received packet #3

July 9th 2014- Over nighted packet #3 back to Embassy

July 24th 2014- Interview approved

WAITING FOR VISA GLITCH TO BE FIXED, RESCHEDULING FLIGHT

August 4th- Administrative Processing

August 5th- ISSUED!

August 6th- Picking up Visa, and flying out.

August 9th-Wedding

There is no such thing as a perfect relationship, if people don't argue about anything then the relationship is too boring, we have a lot of differences especially we are not from the same culture etc, but even couples that are from the same culture argue about something. :) so it's kind of normal. A healthy relationship is overcoming problems together and discussing differences and reconcile afterwards. It doesn't have to be perfect but its a lot of job to make it work. It's no picnic. But at the end of the day you deal with the things together and and realize that you wanted to be with your partner more than anything in this world. As the old saying goes, "love can move a mountain" lol :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.