S-C

April 2014 TSC Filers

226 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I rec my noa1 today as well, took 28 days!! I also received an update that i was assigned an aluen registration #

Buddy you're on the wrong thread. This is for TSC filers & you're at the CSC lol But I'm glad you finally got your NOA1. That took a while. I'm sure you were about ready to :bonk:

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I believe the service center is determined by the geographic location of the petitioner, with very few exceptions. See this thread from 2013. Substitute Texas for Vermont (Texas took over the processing of I-129Fs that used to go to Vermont).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/423921-which-service-center-handles-which-states-i-129f-petitions/

Timeline

I believe the service center is determined by the geographic location of the petitioner, with very few exceptions. See this thread from 2013. Substitute Texas for Vermont (Texas took over the processing of I-129Fs that used to go to Vermont).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/423921-which-service-center-handles-which-states-i-129f-petitions/

That's what the OP said, then the entire rest of the thread is about everyone else saying that isn't the case & that it is based on workload. I'm from Texas so I figured, unfortunately, that we would be sent to TSC. But, I've seen other Texans go to the CSC. I think everyone is trying their best to come up with a reason to the insanity. But, it seems as if there really is no identifiable rhyme or reason that we can track & predict.

Edit: that came off kind of rude. I wasn't directing the attitude towards you, really. Just the situation in general sucks :(

Edited by Meghan&Andrey

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That's what the OP said, then the entire rest of the thread is about everyone else saying that isn't the case & that it is based on workload. I'm from Texas so I figured, unfortunately, that we would be sent to TSC. But, I've seen other Texans go to the CSC. I think everyone is trying their best to come up with a reason to the insanity. But, it seems as if there really is no identifiable rhyme or reason that we can track & predict.

Edit: that came off kind of rude. I wasn't directing the attitude towards you, really. Just the situation in general sucks :(

No worries. Agreed that it sucks, but at this point I've gotten used to it. The whole system is so hard for everyone, and for people at difficult consulates like mine, we have to dread the consulate stage even more than the USCIS stage. Sorry to barge in on the April TSC filers thread, I'm just trying to keep myself occupied and the January TSC one's not being updated often enough. :clock:

Timeline

No worries. Agreed that it sucks, but at this point I've gotten used to it. The whole system is so hard for everyone, and for people at difficult consulates like mine, we have to dread the consulate stage even more than the USCIS stage. Sorry to barge in on the April TSC filers thread, I'm just trying to keep myself occupied and the January TSC one's not being updated often enough. :clock:

Lol it looks like this one is dead too! The general April Filers thread only had so much action because of the CSC approvals. Take those out & you just have a bunch of people waiting around for any change in their case which won't happen for a while. Can't imagine how you feel being from January!

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Waiting since January has to be nerve wracking. I really hope you hear about an approval soon. I finally figured out the whole thread thing and am following the one that is TSC filers. I'm glad to be in the company of my fellow TSC April filers. Not that we aren't all in this together but it always is good to know that you are not the only one at TSC. It helps me to know that everyone at TSC is going through the same thing. You would think they would offload what they are behind on to CSC but what do I know about anything. I should just be glad that I can even petition, considering that it only became possible for me last year. I am fully aware that the normal process can sometimes take even longer than 5 months but my frustration and anger has been centered around how they seem to ignore another solution to the backlog of applications at TSC. It's also frustrating how in the dark we are about the whole process. I feel like I sent my application off to another dimension and who knows what will happen to it, or where it is so the wait continues. As a famous fish I know of once said "When life gets you down you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming" :whistle:

A journey of 2855KM begins with a single step.

-NOA 2 9/26/2014 Finally

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I just read that thread I was dreading this petition going to VSC as my fiancé and I have had dealings with them when we first filed June 2012, so when we re filed this petition I did some investigating of my own on google LOL and jumped for joy to see ours would go to TSC. Our first petition he was living in West Virginia he has since moved to Tennessee and they are in the jurisdiction for TSC. Our receipt number back in 2012 took a month to get this time round it took 4 days

event.png

Timeline

Waiting since January has to be nerve wracking. I really hope you hear about an approval soon. I finally figured out the whole thread thing and am following the one that is TSC filers. I'm glad to be in the company of my fellow TSC April filers. Not that we aren't all in this together but it always is good to know that you are not the only one at TSC. It helps me to know that everyone at TSC is going through the same thing. You would think they would offload what they are behind on to CSC but what do I know about anything. I should just be glad that I can even petition, considering that it only became possible for me last year. I am fully aware that the normal process can sometimes take even longer than 5 months but my frustration and anger has been centered around how they seem to ignore another solution to the backlog of applications at TSC. It's also frustrating how in the dark we are about the whole process. I feel like I sent my application off to another dimension and who knows what will happen to it, or where it is so the wait continues. As a famous fish I know of once said "When life gets you down you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming" :whistle:

I completely agree! But from what I've seen, this little (un)balancing act just bounces from center to center. VSC used to be the TSC of today. TSC used to be the CSC of today. You would think since this happens so often, they could figure out some way to even it out. Maybe frustrated is the word I should be using rather than depressing. People don't react as nicely when you say the CSC approvals are depressing lol

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

Timeline

I completely agree! But from what I've seen, this little (un)balancing act just bounces from center to center. VSC used to be the TSC of today. TSC used to be the CSC of today. You would think since this happens so often, they could figure out some way to even it out. Maybe frustrated is the word I should be using rather than depressing. People don't react as nicely when you say the CSC approvals are depressing lol

Frustrated is a good word. I think the reaction people have when we talk about how everything makes us feel comes from their own experiences and feelings about the process they are going through. Every person reacts differently, some better than others. I came to the forums here hoping to find people like you who were going through the same things. Having the support and advice of others in similar situations helps with the process. If everyone is honest, the whole process is long and unbearable and seriously needs to be made better. I suppose the only way change like that happens is by citizens voting, though I understand that USCIS get's it's funding privately. If it is a service we pay for, the experience I have as a customer, and the reports I hear about how that service is provided would make me take my business elsewhere. In our case there is a monopoly on immigration visas so it's not exactly an option. lol As United States citizens, you would think we would have the right to speedy adjucation of our petitions, much like we have the right to a speedy trial. Then again that doesn't happen too often in reality I suppose either. Sorry if I sound like a Debbie Downer but I'm just venting my frustration about the whole thing. When you are trying to start a life together with the person you love the most, things can get very colorful and heated. We all want to be with the one we love and this is just the process we all have to go through I guess. Though TSC could do us all a favor and share some of the burden with another service center.

-NOA 2 9/26/2014 Finally

Timeline

Frustrated is a good word. I think the reaction people have when we talk about how everything makes us feel comes from their own experiences and feelings about the process they are going through. Every person reacts differently, some better than others. I came to the forums here hoping to find people like you who were going through the same things. Having the support and advice of others in similar situations helps with the process. If everyone is honest, the whole process is long and unbearable and seriously needs to be made better. I suppose the only way change like that happens is by citizens voting, though I understand that USCIS get's it's funding privately. If it is a service we pay for, the experience I have as a customer, and the reports I hear about how that service is provided would make me take my business elsewhere. In our case there is a monopoly on immigration visas so it's not exactly an option. lol As United States citizens, you would think we would have the right to speedy adjucation of our petitions, much like we have the right to a speedy trial. Then again that doesn't happen too often in reality I suppose either. Sorry if I sound like a Debbie Downer but I'm just venting my frustration about the whole thing. When you are trying to start a life together with the person you love the most, things can get very colorful and heated. We all want to be with the one we love and this is just the process we all have to go through I guess. Though TSC could do us all a favor and share some of the burden with another service center.

To make everything even better, our predicted adjudication date range has been pushed back even further. Now its July 27th to September 2nd, I think. It just breaks my heart every time I go look & its further. I understand why & I understand its just part of the game when you do this. But dang :'(

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I've come to a conclusion on some of this of course I could be wrong, it could be that not everyone who has filed with TSC is updating their timelines as they are getting their NOA2. I also read advice from a VJ member was to try not to follow your predicted adjudication date range too much as its really only a prediction last I looked on the USCIS site when it was updated May 3rd it was as at March 31st. Just trying to keep positive another thing to have you sent an e request they do say you can do them after 60 days I think

event.png

Timeline

I've come to a conclusion on some of this of course I could be wrong, it could be that not everyone who has filed with TSC is updating their timelines as they are getting their NOA2. I also read advice from a VJ member was to try not to follow your predicted adjudication date range too much as its really only a prediction last I looked on the USCIS site when it was updated May 3rd it was as at March 31st. Just trying to keep positive another thing to have you sent an e request they do say you can do them after 60 days I think

This is all good to know. Thank you for trying to keep things positive. This made me smile. :)

-NOA 2 9/26/2014 Finally

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After just having spent two and a half weeks together we are apart again, and I'm feeling even more disheartened. My hope for all of us is that this process somehow speeds by and the TSC picks up pace. A girl can dream! (by the way, both I and my fiancé use this account, in case anyone finds any shifty gender change- hahaha). Now I'm going to try to stay busy and stop obsessively checking the case status- which I know hasn't changed- and worrying over if I accidentally did something wrong in the application. I hope I'm not the only one terrified I've forgotten something. Stay positive!

04/15/2014 - Filed I129-F

04/22/2014 - NOA 1 received (TSC)

08/11/2014 - Notice of transfer received (CSC)

09/18/2014 - NOA 2 received

11/12/2014 - Interview Date (approved)

12/01/2014 - US Arrival Date

12/10/2014 - Married

02/05/2014 - AOS Filed

02/28/2015 - Notified of Request for Initial Evidence

03/10/2015 - Sent Requested Evidence

04/03/2015 - EAD and Advanced Parole Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

After just having spent two and a half weeks together we are apart again, and I'm feeling even more disheartened. My hope for all of us is that this process somehow speeds by and the TSC picks up pace. A girl can dream! (by the way, both I and my fiancé use this account, in case anyone finds any shifty gender change- hahaha). Now I'm going to try to stay busy and stop obsessively checking the case status- which I know hasn't changed- and worrying over if I accidentally did something wrong in the application. I hope I'm not the only one terrified I've forgotten something. Stay positive!

I just spent the last week and a half with my fiance. I've been home for two days and I'm heartbroken, so I know how you feel. I'm hoping TSC starts moving soon...I'm going to write to my senator about the discrepency, and I know others are doing the same. I know it's only been a month since I've filed, but it istill hurts, and the thought of waiting until (hopefully no later than December) to see my love again just kills me. I'm trying to stay positive...

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.