Robby999

Holder cancels graduation speech amid protests

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Attorney General Eric Holder canceled a speech to a graduating class of police cadets in Oklahoma City on Thursday, after crowds of Oklahomans flocked to the ceremony to protest his appearance.

Protest organizers said Holder's planned speech to the law enforcement graduates was "inappropriate," and argued that the attorney general has failed to uphold the law himself.

"A lot of people just felt that it was very inappropriate for this man, with his track record, to speak to law enforcement officers that demand and expect to be backed up by the government working on behalf of the citizens, not against the citizens," State Rep. Mike Turner (R.), who is running for U.S. congress, told theWashington Free Beacon.

Turner said Holder has flouted the law when it comes to illegal immigration, the "Fast and Furious" gunrunning scandal, and the Second Amendment.

The U.S. House of Representatives held Holder in contempt of Congress in 2012, on the grounds that he was impeding investigations into Fast and Furious.

The Oklahoma City protest made national news Thursday afternoon, after Holder backed out of the speech shortly before the graduation ceremony began.

Holder's office told the Washington Times that the last-minute cancelation was due to a scheduling issue.

"The attorney general had been looking to addressing the cadets, and regrets he cannot attend in person," spokesman Brian Fallon told the Washington Times. "He extends his heartfelt congratulations to the cadets and their families."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/25/holder-cancels-graduation-speech-amid-protests/?intcmp=latestnews

Does no one have any respect for authority anymore? Good thing that last minute schedule issue came up or he would have had to show them domestic terrorists what time it was. :rofl:

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/25/holder-cancels-graduation-speech-amid-protests/?intcmp=latestnews

Does no one have any respect for authority anymore? Good thing that last minute schedule issue came up or he would have had to show them domestic terrorists what time it was. :rofl:

Actually TEAM BUSH had it worse, how many colleges could he have spoke at without interruption if not a mini riot?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Does no one have any respect for authority anymore?

Not when the figure of authority scheduled to address a class of graduating law enforcement officers has only a selective respect for the law itself. :no:

Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not when the figure of authority scheduled to address a class of graduating law enforcement officers has only a selective respect for the law itself. :no:

Don't be asinine just because AG Holder's political views don't align with yours. Perhaps if you better understood our U.S. Constitution and the office he holds, you'd be less inclined to sound foolish.

The office of Attorney General was established by Congress by the Judiciary Act of 1789. The original duties of this officer were "to prosecute and conduct all suits in the Supreme Court in which the United States shall be concerned, and to give his advice and opinion upon questions of law when required by the president of the United States, or when requested by the heads of any of the departments."[1]

Timeline

Don't be asinine just because AG Holder's political views don't align with yours. Perhaps if you better understood our U.S. Constitution and the office he holds, you'd be less inclined to sound foolish.

His politics don't concern me. His lying to Congress does. As AG, he should be well aware that the truth needs to be his weapon, not that of those who disagree with him.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

His politics don't concern me. His lying to Congress does. As AG, he should be well aware that the truth needs to be his weapon, not that of those who disagree with him.

Well, that's the Right Wing accusation of him, not an actual fact, although you seem to want to run with it, so yes, your political affiliations taint your opinion of the man.

Edited by Porterhouse

Timeline

Well, that's the Right Wing accusation of him, not an actual fact, although you seem to want to run with it, so yes, your political affiliations taint your opinion of the man.

You seem to be uncommonly obsessed with my political viewpoint, yet by your postings you have absolutely no clue what they are.

On the other hand, your politics could not be more obvious and your consequent defence of the AG, in spite of the evidence, is entirely predictable and wholly misplaced.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

You seem to be uncommonly obsessed with my political viewpoint, yet by your postings you have absolutely no clue what they are.

On the other hand, your politics could not be more obvious and your consequent defence of the AG, in spite of the evidence, is entirely predictable and wholly misplaced.

What's good for the goose, eh? If you are so inclined to call a spade, a spade, then you certainly can appreciate when someone else demonstrates it upon you.

AG Holder did not lie under oath, in spite of what you've spoon fed by Faux News and the Right Wing media. Accusations aren't facts and propaganda isn't truth.

Timeline

What's good for the goose, eh? If you are so inclined to call a spade, a spade, then you certainly can appreciate when someone else demonstrates it upon you.

I wouldn't mind, if you got close on occasion. But you don't. :no:

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Timeline

The House's 2012 contempt vote on Holder's failure to produce requested DOJ documents related to Fast & Furious (he's still not produced these documents!) was 255-67. Not only was it not 'along party lines', 17 Democrats voted to hold him in contempt. Tellingly though, more than 100 Democrats left the floor in order to avoid having to vote on the measure. Now that's courage! :rofl:

More than 100 Democrats left the House floor before the vote, but 17 moderate Democrats stayed behind and joined with Republicans in voting for contempt, robbing the Obama administration and congressional Democrats of its main argument that the vote was a blatant partisan maneuver to discredit Holder and the White House in an election year.

Holder's continued presence is a perfect illustration of this preznit's politicization of the US gubmint. They should share a jail cell.