69 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is my second LDR. This one is easier. I am applying for my fiance from India to come here. My first LDR was with a bf while he was in Afghanistan. Then while we were married he was in Iraq. My ex-husband was infantry. So at least I don't have to worry about my fiance's life being in danger. But this LDR is more difficult cause my fiance is a wreck without me. I not a wreck cause I don't have time to think...I have a full time job and a 4 year old son. But he is so far away...India...tickets are so expensive. I met him in the US when he was here on a student visa. Then I visited him on a tourist visa. After that trip I applied for the K1. I know I will be attending the interview with him. But tickets are ridiculous expensive. ugh...Lets not forget my biggest problem is my family. No one understands...I can't take it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is my second LDR. This one is easier. I am applying for my fiance from India to come here. My first LDR was with a bf while he was in Afghanistan. Then while we were married he was in Iraq. My ex-husband was infantry. So at least I don't have to worry about my fiance's life being in danger. But this LDR is more difficult cause my fiance is a wreck without me. I not a wreck cause I don't have time to think...I have a full time job and a 4 year old son. But he is so far away...India...tickets are so expensive. I met him in the US when he was here on a student visa. Then I visited him on a tourist visa. After that trip I applied for the K1. I know I will be attending the interview with him. But tickets are ridiculous expensive. ugh...Lets not forget my biggest problem is my family. No one understands...I can't take it.

Oh that sounds rough :( At least this LDR isn't in constant danger.. that would be so hard to handle. I'm lucky in a way that he is only a 20 hour drive away.. though we both don't have vechiles at the moment.

My family is supportive.. ish. I know they think I'm completely nuts.. and worry about the whole thing.. but you can't live for anyone else but yourself ( and your son, in your case). No point in not doing something just to make someone else happy.. that's what I keep telling myself when I start getting weirded out by the whole thing.

I don't know anyone going through this.. everyone I know has a husband/boyfriend that lives in the same country as them.. HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!

I've been working out, reading, and watching cartoons to keep my spirits up :) This site does really help. Before I felt completely alone.. I think I've just been reading too many post on people getting approved and the selfish part of me is feeling down. Some day it will all be our turn!

It will be our turn soon!!!! I know....and you're not selfish...u just want your husband. We can all relate. Keep your spirits up girl!!!

Marriage: 12/10/2013
Sent I-130: 1/23/14
NOA1: 1/30/14
NOA2: 6/10/14
Email that it was shipped to nvc: 6/23/14
Received by NVC: 7/1/14
Case#/IID# assigned: 7/16/14
Received/Submitted DS-261: 7/29/14
Paid AOS fee: 7/30/14
Sent AOS packet: 8/1/14
Aos fee showing PAID: 8/2/14
Received and paid IV Fee: 9/8/14 (fee showing paid / DS-260 available 9/9/14)
Submitted DS-260: 9/11/14
Sent IV packet: 9/24/14
NVC Received 9/26/14

Arrived in US: 3/8/14

STILL HAPPY AND NORMAL AS OF 8/4/2016!!

AOS Approved per phone: 10/22/14
*Received what I thought was a false checklist on this date as well*

*Problems: Called on 10/27/14 11/5/14 and 11/20/14 just to be proactive On all of these dates except the last, NVC kept telling me that my IV document probably hadn't been reviewed yet. On 11/20 the representative told me that the BC needed to be inextensa and the marriage license. True enough I had sent an extracto. But requested a supervisor review bc I knew the marriage lic was inextensa. 2 days later called again and got the same supervisor who told me that the marriage lic needed the proper signed legalizada (sticker on the back)

Sent necessary documents/Received: 11/20/14 and 11/26/14

Called 12/15/14: got Arthur....after he checked and verbally spanked he sent me to supervisor Silvia who said she would pull my file and try to figure it out.

Case complete: 12/19/14 Sylvia called and left a voicemail, called and confirmed later that night and status changed to N/A.

Thank you so much Sylvia. May God bless you and your family.

Appointment date and time received: 12/27/14

***FAST FORWARD***

APPT complete/Visa approved: 2/5/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are some amazing Wife Support groups on Facebook, and the women from there have become very much like sisters to me in this process. It is an unbelievable feeling to know the other half of you is soooooooooooo far away and that he wont even get to be here for possibly a year keeps you torn up.

Blessings, there are many many of us experiencing this, lots of tears, but always counting the days :)

I passed the time thinking these golden days not gonna come back..because after i130 was filed i left my job and enjoyed for around 8 months completely,before that i was hard core professional and knew that i will be working after i land here.We chatted,emailed and skyped regularly logs of which were asked later on in interview. B-)

Also you can research for job market over here and take some classes which will be useful once you here.

ROC sent (DAY 00) -2/21/2014

ROC received at center (DAY 03) -2/24/2014

NOA received at home (DAY 07) -2/28/2014 (NOA dated 2/24/2014)

BIO received at home (DAY 12) -3/05/2014 (bio appt on 3/20/2014)

BIO appt (early bio) (DAY 12) -3/05/2014

Approval decision date (DAY 89) -5/21/2014

Approval letter received (DAY 91) -5/23/2014

Card received at home (DAY 102)-6/03/2014

We have all gone through this, and I can totally relate to how you feel. Trying to explain the situation to people who don't understand is an uphill battle, and sometimes makes the waiting even worse. So surround yourself with those who get it, and this website has proven to bring my spirits up every time. We have been there, and we can help you feel better and help the process hurt less!

It is SO difficult to feel alone in a situation that people can't fathom. "What do you mean? You're married, he/she should just automatically get a green card right?" It's the worst. But enjoy every moment you can with each other on the phone, skype, whatsapp, in person and keep reminding yourself why you're in it for the long haul. Hold tight and we'll be with you all the way :)

USCIS

04-06-2013 // Married!

05-02-2013 // I-130 Mailed

05-06-2013 // NOA1

12-05-2013 // Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

02-11-2014 // NOA2 Approved!

NVC

02-24-2014 // NVC Received Case

03-31-2014 // Received Case #, IIN# and BIN#

03-31-2014 // AOS Fee Paid

03-31-2014 // DS-261 Completed

04-02-2014 // IV Fee Paid

04-03-2014 // AOS Packet Sent

04-08-2014 // AOS Packet Scanned Into System

04-08-2014 // DS-260 Completed

04-15-2014 // IV Package Sent

04-22-2014 // IV Package Scanned Into System

04-23-2014 // False Checklist for IV Docs

05-07-2014 // Case Complete!!!!!! :dancing:

05-14-2014 // CC Email from NVC

05-28-2014 // Medical in London

06-10-2014 // APPROVED AT INTERVIEW!! :dance:

06-16-2014 // Visa in Hand

06-17-2014 // POE: Boston :goofy:

ROC

04-01-2016 // I-751 Delivered

04-06-2016 // Check Cashed

Timeline

I passed the time thinking these golden days not gonna come back..because after i130 was filed i left my job and enjoyed for around 8 months completely,before that i was hard core professional and knew that i will be working after i land here.We chatted,emailed and skyped regularly logs of which were asked later on in interview. B-)

Also you can research for job market over here and take some classes which will be useful once you here.

I just graduated with a bachelor of commerce, so I think I'm done with classes for a while :P

I have been looking at the job market, Canada and the US are very similar.. so I don't think I need to do any preparation for adjusting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just graduated with a bachelor of commerce, so I think I'm done with classes for a while :P

I have been looking at the job market, Canada and the US are very similar.. so I don't think I need to do any preparation for adjusting.

You shouldn't need a whole lot of adjusting, no. There will be some differences to get accustomed to.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

We have all gone through this, and I can totally relate to how you feel. Trying to explain the situation to people who don't understand is an uphill battle, and sometimes makes the waiting even worse. So surround yourself with those who get it, and this website has proven to bring my spirits up every time. We have been there, and we can help you feel better and help the process hurt less!

It is SO difficult to feel alone in a situation that people can't fathom. "What do you mean? You're married, he/she should just automatically get a green card right?" It's the worst. But enjoy every moment you can with each other on the phone, skype, whatsapp, in person and keep reminding yourself why you're in it for the long haul. Hold tight and we'll be with you all the way :)

That is the worst.. i haven't met anyone that understands the immigration process.. "you're married, doesn't that just make you a US citizen now?"

Nope. Even my husband is in denial! We got married a year ago this month, it's been a hard year, and we dicked around and tired to file the I-130 in November, got sent back, again in December, but we were going through a rough time.. so I told him to forget it. I'm kicking myself for all the wasted months now.. but the main thing is that we're together and in love. We appreciate each other so much more now. The wait won't be that long in the grand scheme of things. Now I'm just anxious because we haven't even sent in the i-130 yet! The wait hasn't even started!

This community has already helped me so much... I'm so happy to have found SO MANY people who understand what I'm going through.. who understand how long it takes and the process. I feel so much more confident that I can do all this

You shouldn't need a whole lot of adjusting, no. There will be some differences to get accustomed to.

Such as?

Timeline

It will be our turn soon!!!! I know....and you're not selfish...u just want your husband. We can all relate. Keep your spirits up girl!!!

I'm happy to read about people making it out of this process!! It will be our turn at some point :) gotta start somewhere

just raising our daughter all by myself :(

meet Sept 2008 in Chicago
He left back to Palestine Aug 2010
I went to Palestine May 30,2012
6/13/2012 Married in Palestine
7/04/2012 arrived back in Chicago
7/25/2012 mailed in I-130
7/26/2012 NOA 1 arrived. to be serviced in California
3/3/2013 our baby was born !!!!

6/17/2013 Case transferred to Local city

11/13/2013 interview at Chicago

1/27/2014 RFE DNA test

3/7/2014 RFE completed and mailed in

5/12/2014 **I-130 APPROVED** !! 652 days

6/3/2014 NVC received case

7/11/2014 choice of agent signed

7/19/2014 pay AOS bill, send aos packet

7/22/2014 NVC received AOS papers

8/20/2014 send IV packet

8/25/2014 NVC received IV papers

8/27/2014 pay IV bill

9/9/2014 DS-260 completed

9/15/2014 AOS checklist

9/24/2014 NVC scanned aos

10/29/2014 "paid" turned to "n/a"

10/31/2014 called NVC and confirmed case complete

11/4/2014 email with interview scheduled

12/15/2014 INTERVIEW

02/20/2015 I-601 waiver received @ Nebraska

07/14/2015 I-601 waiver APPROVED

8/10/2015 ceac changed from refused to ready

8/12/2015 visa was issued !!!!!!

8/25/2015 POE Chicago, no questions asked about waiver

Find work and make saving money your obsession. You will love watching your balance grow and thinking of how great it will feel to let your husband know what you've saved.

I found after about 8 months that this forum wasn't really comforting anymore since there started to pop up the K1 ''just got approved in 10 days, can't believe it!'' type posts were making me bitter and it's not my place to think negatively about other's good fortune.

Seriously if you find work it will keep you sane, put you in a routine and meeting new people is a great distraction to pass the months.

Good luck.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I can completely relate with you. I've been married for a year but couldn't file for my husband cause my naturalization didn't happen. Now just waiting till I get my naturalization so I can finally apply for my hubby. Looking at all the timelines I feel so upset knowing its taking so long, so you're not alone. Guess we're all on the same boat. Praying we get through this process soon, missing my hubby tons as well! :(.

All the best and you should get started on your I-130. Where does your hubby live? Maybe you can try to go visit him.

That is the worst.. i haven't met anyone that understands the immigration process.. "you're married, doesn't that just make you a US citizen now?"

Nope. Even my husband is in denial! We got married a year ago this month, it's been a hard year, and we dicked around and tired to file the I-130 in November, got sent back, again in December, but we were going through a rough time.. so I told him to forget it. I'm kicking myself for all the wasted months now.. but the main thing is that we're together and in love. We appreciate each other so much more now. The wait won't be that long in the grand scheme of things. Now I'm just anxious because we haven't even sent in the i-130 yet! The wait hasn't even started!

This community has already helped me so much... I'm so happy to have found SO MANY people who understand what I'm going through.. who understand how long it takes and the process. I feel so much more confident that I can do all this

Such as?

The only good thing about that is USCIS has supposedly gotten much faster at processing I-130's. We, along with so many others on this website, got caught in the backlog last year. We filed in May 2013 and didn't get approval until February 2014. Now, we are are the NVC, and he still doesn't even have an interview scheduled! It's like a cruel joke, but the best thing you can do is get it filed as fast as possible and keep checking back here on this site to make sure you have the resources to get through each stage quickly. I honestly wish I knew about it sooner when I was tearing my hair out after months of silence from USCIS. But believe me, it gets better. And if you're in love, it's worth it. Just support each other and stick through the rough times. You WILL get there :)

USCIS

04-06-2013 // Married!

05-02-2013 // I-130 Mailed

05-06-2013 // NOA1

12-05-2013 // Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

02-11-2014 // NOA2 Approved!

NVC

02-24-2014 // NVC Received Case

03-31-2014 // Received Case #, IIN# and BIN#

03-31-2014 // AOS Fee Paid

03-31-2014 // DS-261 Completed

04-02-2014 // IV Fee Paid

04-03-2014 // AOS Packet Sent

04-08-2014 // AOS Packet Scanned Into System

04-08-2014 // DS-260 Completed

04-15-2014 // IV Package Sent

04-22-2014 // IV Package Scanned Into System

04-23-2014 // False Checklist for IV Docs

05-07-2014 // Case Complete!!!!!! :dancing:

05-14-2014 // CC Email from NVC

05-28-2014 // Medical in London

06-10-2014 // APPROVED AT INTERVIEW!! :dance:

06-16-2014 // Visa in Hand

06-17-2014 // POE: Boston :goofy:

ROC

04-01-2016 // I-751 Delivered

04-06-2016 // Check Cashed

Timeline

Find work and make saving money your obsession. You will love watching your balance grow and thinking of how great it will feel to let your husband know what you've saved.

I found after about 8 months that this forum wasn't really comforting anymore since there started to pop up the K1 ''just got approved in 10 days, can't believe it!'' type posts were making me bitter and it's not my place to think negatively about other's good fortune.

Seriously if you find work it will keep you sane, put you in a routine and meeting new people is a great distraction to pass the months.

Good luck.

I have a pretty good "government" job. I'm an obsessive saver.. doesn't really seem to interest my husband :P He's more of 'money slips right through the hands" kinda guy. I'm more worried about him finding a job so he we don't need to find another sponsor.

I'm not looking forward to the long wait, esp. over the winter months.. everything seems longer and worse in the winter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.