15 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello, I have 3 question if anyone can answer please. I'm the beneficiary of lpr , got my NOA1 on March 14 2014, Vermont Service Center.

My husband lives in USA. Me and my USC 6 year old daughter are overseas waiting for my I-130 approval. I have a 10 year ban and have to file I-601 and I-212, is anyone in similar situation as mine and know how long the overall process take?

Will sending my daughter to USA to my husband speed up the process for me in any way?

Will I be able to get a tourist visa to Canada while I-130 is pending? so my husband can drive from USA to Canada and visit me and my daughter in Canada (he can't come and visit us overseas, because of his job and because he is taking care of his father do to heart operation)

Thank you any information is appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Say 2 years?

No

Probably

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Using your child as some sort of pawn in order to sway some decision is not likely to work....(USCIS frowns on that sort of thing)...cannot say anything regarding Canada...the process cannot even begin until the I-130 is approved and you are scheduled for an interview...after that, it could take 5-8 months on average.

Timeline

Using your child as some sort of pawn in order to sway some decision is not likely to work....(USCIS frowns on that sort of thing)...cannot say anything regarding Canada...the process cannot even begin until the I-130 is approved and you are scheduled for an interview...after that, it could take 5-8 months on average.

Thanks for the reply, and no I'm not using my child for anything, not for any pawn like you said (wonder why you might think like that?). My child father is there and she misses him, so it was just a sort of question that came to my mind in the event that my child will go and stay with Daddy, a family that have a child wants to be reunited as soon as they can so the child won't suffer so much, if you can understand that, that's all , thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Child can probably visit without issues.

Or move first as the process will be much quicker.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

you asked if sending your child to the US would somehow speed things up for you...which suggests using the child for some other reason....that's a perfect description of a pawn. Her presence or not in the US will not change the time it takes for the process to churn on its own.

RhettVoe

Meybe I didn't put my question the way I wanted to sound. What I meant was , if sending my child to father because she misses him so much will make anything faster for me so I can be there for her as well and she won't miss me. I can wait the time that I have to, like any one else here, but kids don't understand and they suffer when they miss their parents.

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Beata, can I ask to you why you have a 10 year ban? you have overstayed?

2FMbp1.png

I-130 / F-2A ( Spouse of LPR ) varie_amore_10.gif

To see every step go to my Immigration Story..

02.13.2012 NOA 1 - PRIORITY DATE

11.20.2013 NOA 2 - APPROVAL DATE

03.07.2014 CASE COMPLETE

04.04.2014 INTERVIEW LETTER

05.20.2014 MEDICAL EXAMINATION

05.21.2014 INTERVIEW DATE

06.03.2014 AP...THE WAIT CAN BE FROM 1 TO 4 MONTHS...

08.08.2014 YET IN AP, STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE AT TODAY!! AUGUST 8 !! YUPPY!

08.11.2014 YET IN AP...AT TODAY HAVE PASSED 7 WEEKS (counting business days)

08.12.2014 OMG!! TODAY VISA STATUS SAY READY!!! I can't believe!!!

08.13.2014 VISA STATUS ISSUED!!!!!

08.24.25014 POE

lineacuori.gif

N-400 My hubby's Naturalization varie_amore_10.gif

PHOENIX LOCKBOX

07.14.2014 N-400 MAILED

07.17.2014 N-400 DELIVERED

07.24.2014 N-400 ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION LETTER

08.08.2014 FINGERPRINT LETTER

08.18.2014 FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT DATE

28.09.2014 INTERVIEW LETTER

22.10.2014 INTERVIEW DATE

30.10.2014 OATH CERIMONY FINALLY US CITIZEN!!!!

11.07.2014 US Passport Received!

MY understanding is that Visajourney is a site where people can help each others with immigration process, issues and experiences. Why are some members posting comments to judge what others want to do as if they have a say or a decision to make in what others are trying to do? If you can help or suggest something that is fine otherwise don't judge people or lecture them on what is moral or not!

Beatao, you don't have to justify yourself why you want to send your daughter to be with her dad in the US. Members should either help you answer your question or simply mind their own business!!!

Edited by Bertoli

Timeline

Hi Beata, can I ask to you why you have a 10 year ban? you have overstayed?

Yes I overstayed.

MY understanding is that Visajourney is a site where people can help each others with immigration process, issues and experiences. Why are some members posting comments to judge what others want to do as if they have a say or a decision to make in what others are trying to do? If you can help or suggest something that is fine otherwise don't judge people or lecture them on what is moral or not!

Beatao, you don't have to justify yourself why you want to send your daughter to be with her dad in the US. Members should either help you answer your question or simply mind their own business!!!

Thank you Bertoli.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The embassy will have to deny your F2A visa first, before you can file for a waiver. Since F2A has retrogressed, no one can give you a definite timeline. It could take a year or more to get an embassy interview PLUS the time they will approve your waiver (if they ever approve it). Overstay by relatives of LPRs, as far as I know, is not forgivable.

Sending your child to the US is neither beneficial to your case.

As for Canada, you will have to check their website for tourist visa application.

Timeline

The embassy will have to deny your F2A visa first, before you can file for a waiver. Since F2A has retrogressed, no one can give you a definite timeline. It could take a year or more to get an embassy interview PLUS the time they will approve your waiver (if they ever approve it). Overstay by relatives of LPRs, as far as I know, is not forgivable.

As for Canada, you will have to check their website for tourist visa application.

Thanks apple, so you are saying that I will have to wait until my husband becomes USC to be able to comeback home to US?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Apple! F2A retrogression can affect to my visa? Consulate have my passport because I'm in AP for a missing documents...

2FMbp1.png

I-130 / F-2A ( Spouse of LPR ) varie_amore_10.gif

To see every step go to my Immigration Story..

02.13.2012 NOA 1 - PRIORITY DATE

11.20.2013 NOA 2 - APPROVAL DATE

03.07.2014 CASE COMPLETE

04.04.2014 INTERVIEW LETTER

05.20.2014 MEDICAL EXAMINATION

05.21.2014 INTERVIEW DATE

06.03.2014 AP...THE WAIT CAN BE FROM 1 TO 4 MONTHS...

08.08.2014 YET IN AP, STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE AT TODAY!! AUGUST 8 !! YUPPY!

08.11.2014 YET IN AP...AT TODAY HAVE PASSED 7 WEEKS (counting business days)

08.12.2014 OMG!! TODAY VISA STATUS SAY READY!!! I can't believe!!!

08.13.2014 VISA STATUS ISSUED!!!!!

08.24.25014 POE

lineacuori.gif

N-400 My hubby's Naturalization varie_amore_10.gif

PHOENIX LOCKBOX

07.14.2014 N-400 MAILED

07.17.2014 N-400 DELIVERED

07.24.2014 N-400 ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION LETTER

08.08.2014 FINGERPRINT LETTER

08.18.2014 FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT DATE

28.09.2014 INTERVIEW LETTER

22.10.2014 INTERVIEW DATE

30.10.2014 OATH CERIMONY FINALLY US CITIZEN!!!!

11.07.2014 US Passport Received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.