kashawn07

Please Help

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, me and my fiancée filed for k-1 visa, with a lawyer that has not been much of a help.... So I'm really seeking from members. ??The last thing we file was DS-160 and that was back in January sent paper work off and paid for visa application and still not receive anything about setting up for interview. We did the application online and sent the paper work off.... and still did not receive anything? What should I do?

Timeline

Email the embassy because if you submitted the DS-form and the visa fee is paid already it sounds as if you are only waiting for a interview date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with the other two posts- if the lawyer is being no help- take this into your own hands and get in touch with the embassey..

Sounds like you won't have much more of a wait in front of you once you figure this out. Congrats.

Feb 2013- Met Online- started chatting.secret7vf.gif

March 2013- Met in person..started dating.heart.gifrose.gif

December 5th,2013- Filed 129Freading.gif

December 19th- Alien number change.dancin5hr.gif

December 20th (approx)- Received NOA1idea9dv.gif

Have since been ANXIOUSLY awaitting ANY kind of change.. or news. :clock:

NOTTA...for 6 months... Grrr (almost lost my mind) :ranting:

JUNE 16TH 2014- NOA2 APPROVED- YAYYYYYYYY :D

JULY 1ST 2014- NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE! B-)

AUGUST 5TH 2014- MEDICAL :innocent:

AUGUST 20TH 2014- INTERVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :dance:

AUGUST 20th 2014- APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! :energy:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Are you filing for a k-1 or a visitors visa??? It sound like the steps you completed were for a visitors visa. In order for you to get interview for K-1, you email DS230 part one to embassy, you do not pay visa fees until interview, so how did you pay already?

Your best bet is to email the embassy to see where they have you in the process.

Do you have your KNG number? Is your file at the embassy from NVC? What paperwork did you send off and to where? I think that you are being misinformed on the process, and it has set you back three months.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Are you filing for a k-1 or a visitors visa??? It sound like the steps you completed were for a visitors visa. In order for you to get interview for K-1, you email DS230 part one to embassy, you do not pay visa fees until interview, so how did you pay already?

Your best bet is to email the embassy to see where they have you in the process.

Do you have your KNG number? Is your file at the embassy from NVC? What paperwork did you send off and to where? I think that you are being misinformed on the process, and it has set you back three months.

I'm filing a k-1 visa.... I paid for visa application... I did the co-signer as well since I did not make enough money( affidavit of support)... I paid all this with my with my lawyer.. please don't tell me that we did something wrong... If so what part of embassy do I email? thanks

I only got the approval through the mail.. And gave my lawyer the paper work... and we did the DS-160 together and I have confirmation of that...

Whats a KNG #?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Do you have confirmation that your I-129F petition was approved? Do you have the hardcopy of the NOA2? The KNG# is your case number from NVC, which is attributed to you after they receive the approved petition. I believe you need it to fill out the DS-160 (though I may be wrong). Do you have a receipt for the payment of the visa fee?

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline

A KNG number is your file number with the embassy, that has been assigned by NVC that designates which embassy your petition is with.

OK, mmmmm. So you received NOA1 and NOA2. Th next step is your file goes to NVC and then they process it and then send it to JA. You then complete DS230 part one and email signed scanned copy to embassy. You still complete DS 160 and the other forms. JA schedules interview appointment. You take all paperwork, birth cert, police cert, and other documents to the interview. At the interview, you pay visa fee.

JA in their process is not like other embassies.

Here are some links to our info and the process

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450987-updated-jamaica-checklist/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/447152-dhl/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450989-updated-medical-appointment-information-jamaica/

Timeline

A KNG number is your file number with the embassy, that has been assigned by NVC that designates which embassy your petition is with.

OK, mmmmm. So you received NOA1 and NOA2. Th next step is your file goes to NVC and then they process it and then send it to JA. You then complete DS230 part one and email signed scanned copy to embassy. You still complete DS 160 and the other forms. JA schedules interview appointment. You take all paperwork, birth cert, police cert, and other documents to the interview. At the interview, you pay visa fee.

JA in their process is not like other embassies.

Here are some links to our info and the process

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450987-updated-jamaica-checklist/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/447152-dhl/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450989-updated-medical-appointment-information-jamaica/

Yes I did et Noa1 and Noa2 and I just look over papers I received and I did et the KNG number and I look over paper where it says to complete DS-160 and we did that and have confirmation number as well.... Im not sure about DS-230.... Where do I go for that?

Timeline

Start by emailing the embassy to see where you are in the process, then go from there. Put your KNG number in the email, so they know your file. Ask them what else do they need to schedule your interview.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Timeline

Start by emailing the embassy to see where you are in the process, then go from there. Put your KNG number in the email, so they know your file. Ask them what else do they need to schedule your interview.

Ok and do you know the which one I would want to email about in the embassy info?

Timeline

Hi, me and my fiancée filed for k-1 visa, with a lawyer that has not been much of a help.... So I'm really seeking from members. ??The last thing we file was DS-160 and that was back in January sent paper work off and paid for visa application and still not receive anything about setting up for interview. We did the application online and sent the paper work off.... and still did not receive anything? What should I do?

Why would the lawyer have you pay the visa fee already, how much did you pay, my lawyer did our process in steps. Email the embassy at kingstonivappointment.gov and ask them what if I paid my visa fee to a lawyer and see what they say, because your really supposed to pay for it at the embassy day of interview, visa fee is $240. Did you also register with DHL and did you scan and email the confirmation page of the DS-160, your supposed to do that too. When you send the email yourself, address it to the embassy with your fiancé's information like this

Case No: KNG2011559900

Name: Little, John Dennis

Preference Category: K1-JAM

and they will get back with you promptly, they are really cool, so email them for everything you need. Let me know if u need more help....We are going through the same process now.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened... 05/09/2017
I-751 Packet Sent.............  08/09/2017
NO1 Dated......................... 08/11/2017

Check Cashed............... 08/13/2017
NO1 Received.................... 08/14/2017
Biometrics Received.........  09/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Timeline

Why would the lawyer have you pay the visa fee already, how much did you pay, my lawyer did our process in steps. Email the embassy at kingstonivappointment.gov and ask them what if I paid my visa fee to a lawyer and see what they say, because your really supposed to pay for it at the embassy day of interview, visa fee is $240. Did you also register with DHL and did you scan and email the confirmation page of the DS-160, your supposed to do that too. When you send the email yourself, address it to the embassy with your fiancé's information like this

Case No: KNG2011559900

Name: Little, John Dennis

Preference Category: K1-JAM

and they will get back with you promptly, they are really come l, so email them for everything you need. Let me know if u need more help....We are going through the same process now.

After we receive the last letters with KNG ....... We did DS-160(in my receipt that she gave it says visa application fee under DS-160) and affidavit of co sign... I paid a total of 330.... I email them... hopefully I get good news....]

No I did not do the DHL, Im not sure what that is but I am going to google it and email the information......

Thanks so much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.