TeddyB

March 2014 i-130 filers

932 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. I had to email the NVC and they did respond, it just took a few weeks to get the response. I would suggest that, if you are just trying to pay the fee, to just mail the check to the NVC. This method sucks because it is slower than paying online, and I don't really know for sure how much longer it will take. But here is a link to the information. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/step_2_pay_fees.html

Also just keep trying to call. It sucks to get through. I once got a busy signal for nearly 30 minutes of calling back immediately after one another. Then sat on hold for 40 minutes. Keep in mind yesterday was a Holiday, so no one was working. I would just keep calling until I got through. You can also email your senator's office to let them know your situation. The site has been down, there are no clear instructions on how to proceed.

Thank you for your reply. I emailed nvc already. Let's see if they will reply soon. I will email the senator as well but i don't think he will be able to solve this problem. Let's see....

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

i cant believe it, on the 1st of june 2015, i got my NOA2!! after all the waiting and stressing i cant believe it... i couldnt be happier right now... thank you god xxx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

i cant believe it, on the 1st of june 2015, i got my NOA2!! after all the waiting and stressing i cant believe it... i couldnt be happier right now... thank you god xxx

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Congrats!!!! I know right now it may seem like its been forever and its ruined all your plans. But I had some delays myself and in the end I was happy because it was so worth it. I am now IR1 Category and will therefore arrive as a permanent resident with no conditions. I already have my visa but am not leaving until October.

Think of it this way, Im not sure when you got married, but if ur 2nd anniversary is before ur Interview or POE you will not have to deal with USCIS for the next 10 yrs ;)

Timeline

Congrats!!!! I know right now it may seem like its been forever and its ruined all your plans. But I had some delays myself and in the end I was happy because it was so worth it. I am now IR1 Category and will therefore arrive as a permanent resident with no conditions. I already have my visa but am not leaving until October.

Think of it this way, Im not sure when you got married, but if ur 2nd anniversary is before ur Interview or POE you will not have to deal with USCIS for the next 10 yrs ;)

Wow really thank you so much for telling me, we are married 3 years next month!! ??

Timeline

Wow really thank you so much for telling me, we are married 3 years next month!! ??

Oh ok, nothing to worry about then. You will already be considered an immediate relative, IR-1 which will entitle you to the 10yr GC.

:)

Timeline

Oh ok, nothing to worry about then. You will already be considered an immediate relative, IR-1 which will entitle you to the 10yr GC.

:)

Wow that's great news thank you so much for telling me, I didn't know.. The day keeps getting better ????

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone!

After 14 months we are finally finished, Hubby comes home Monday. I'm so thankful that we had this thread to encourage each other!

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey everyone.

So I´m still here in Spain. Still havent traveled to the US. I am flying out on Oct through Dublin, Ireland arriving in Boston the same day. I decided to go through Dublin to have a faster processing at the POE and arrive in Boston as a domestic flight. Figured it´s a much more interesting experience. Once I enter my visa will be on its last 60 days of validity, meaning I´ve been waiting 4 months since it was issued. Had plenty to do here before the big move but not long now.

Was writing to see if anyone who´s already entered the country wanted to share their POE experiences as I approach this phase of the journey.

Hope everyone´s enjoying their new lives.

David

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone! I got a little confused. This 60 days waiting period....does it start when we send all our last documents to NVC. Or after we receive case complete? It feels like this will never end...:(((

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi everyone!

After 14 months we are finally finished, Hubby comes home Monday. I'm so thankful that we had this thread to encourage each other!

Congrats!

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi everyone, so I finally arrived. POE was in Dublin, Ireland on October 9th, 2015. I was wondering if there is a link where I can check the status of the green card or something. I was told it could take up to 4 months but also read on here that it could be less. I know the stamped visa is a temporary green card but just wanted to check whether it was possible to track the status.

Hi everyone, so I finally arrived. POE was in Dublin, Ireland on October 9th, 2015. I was wondering if there is a link where I can check the status of the green card or something. I was told it could take up to 4 months but also read on here that it could be less. I know the stamped visa is a temporary green card but just wanted to check whether it was possible to track the status.

Congrats Dave... I'm not sure if there is a link to check status, but my wife got her green card less than a month after she arrived. I'm not sure if that is standard or if they operate like USCIS or the NVC where there is no method to their madness.... That was also 9-10 months ago, so the wait time may have changed...

I have an update besides. My wife just gave birth to our daughter on Saturday.... So awesome and crazy year...

Timeline

Congrats Dave... I'm not sure if there is a link to check status, but my wife got her green card less than a month after she arrived. I'm not sure if that is standard or if they operate like USCIS or the NVC where there is no method to their madness.... That was also 9-10 months ago, so the wait time may have changed...

I have an update besides. My wife just gave birth to our daughter on Saturday.... So awesome and crazy year...

Thanks for that. I actually went to the SSN office and they mentioned that as long as an application was not already being processed they could do it for me. So they filled out the info and he said that if it all verified, he could issue the number right away, so he did and voila! gave me the letter as proof of application and I should receive it in the next week.

Thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.