TeddyB

March 2014 i-130 filers

932 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I am the NVC process now. I called and got my case number and invoice number. We submitted DS261 form. But before i could check online but now i can't. It says :

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html for additional information.

Does anybody know why it doesn't show anything online??

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone my PD is the 4th March! I've been waiting for over a year for some news and one the 25th March I received a letter saying our case was moved from vsc to csc? I haven't heard anything else since then.. I'm just wondering did anyone here get moved as well.. Or even had theirs at the csc? I'm trying to do a time frame with how long more I'll be waiting.. Thank u ☺️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Wanted to share the good news. I had my interview today, May 7th at the US Embassy in Madrid and was approved!

After 18 months, its finally come to an end and I can finally start my new life.

God has been so good, he walked me through this entire process and was sitting right there next to me while I was waiting for my number to be called. Had the most wonderful Consular Officer I could´ve asked for. She congratulated me and wished me the best.

So happy and grateful right now.

Thank you Jesus!

God bless everyone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Wanted to share the good news. I had my interview today, May 7th at the US Embassy in Madrid and was approved!

After 18 months, its finally come to an end and I can finally start my new life.

God has been so good, he walked me through this entire process and was sitting right there next to me while I was waiting for my number to be called. Had the most wonderful Consular Officer I could´ve asked for. She congratulated me and wished me the best.

So happy and grateful right now.

Thank you Jesus!

God bless everyone.

Congrats!

Timeline

Hi Guys,

So I received my visa earlier this week. All along my application has been for CR-1, however since the day of my interview was also my 2nd anniversary I was glad to see the visa was correctly issued as IR-1. Even though I already have it with me, I wont be traveling until October as I have plenty of things to sort out here before moving to the US.

Any of the March Filers 2013 that have already POEd have updates about receipt of SSN and GC? How long does that take? I've read on here that it can take up to a few months. I will be changing my name to my husband's once I'm there and dont know if I should wait to have the actual GC to then apply for the replacement with the updated name.

But for now I would appreciate any feedback from those who have recently arrived and have received their docs.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Guys,

So I received my visa earlier this week. All along my application has been for CR-1, however since the day of my interview was also my 2nd anniversary I was glad to see the visa was correctly issued as IR-1. Even though I already have it with me, I wont be traveling until October as I have plenty of things to sort out here before moving to the US.

Any of the March Filers 2013 that have already POEd have updates about receipt of SSN and GC? How long does that take? I've read on here that it can take up to a few months. I will be changing my name to my husband's once I'm there and dont know if I should wait to have the actual GC to then apply for the replacement with the updated name.

But for now I would appreciate any feedback from those who have recently arrived and have received their docs.

Thanks

First of all congratulations..

I just have case complete at nvc.. What happen next?

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Timeline

Hi March Filing Family!

My husband had his interview yesterday and I am happy to say we were APPROVED! All those months of waiting and worrying...it hasn't set in yet that it's over and probably won't til he's coming down the driveway to our home.

I'm so thankful that we had this group and I'm still thinking about everyone who is continuing on the journey.

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Timeline

Congratulations to u too...

Can u tell me what happens after case complete??

Hi March Filing Family!

My husband had his interview yesterday and I am happy to say we were APPROVED! All those months of waiting and worrying...it hasn't set in yet that it's over and probably won't til he's coming down the driveway to our home.

I'm so thankful that we had this group and I'm still thinking about everyone who is continuing on the journey.

Dear islamy..

I'm from cairo also.. Do u mind to tell me ur phone number so we can talk??

Timeline

Hi March Filing Family!

Congrats!!! I know the feeling, It still hasnt completely hit me yet! But even less the day I had the interview, the consular officer gave me the biggest smile , she was so nice and was happy to say. Congratulations! everything looks good and I have approved your visa! Have a good life, work hard and enjoy the rest of your day! I had been praying so hard while at the embassy for a nice officer that God sent an angel lol.

But yeah, i know how you must feel, its all over now. if you stop and look back its unbelievable the amount of time we've waited and the how stressful and crazy this ride has been. I'm sure every single day of it is totally worth it.

Have a happy life!

Timeline

Thanks! I still cant believe it.

Well, once you know your case has been completed, you should be expecting a confirmation email from the NVC within the next couple of days, and an interview date within the next two weeks. Mine took a bit less actually, once you receive the letter with the interview date, it will have a list at the bottom of the documents that have already been shipped to the embassy from the NVC and if anything is missing or incomplete it will show on there.

Make sure your passport has at least 6 month validity from the day of your interview. (Your visa will be valid for 6 months from the time it's issued and that's why your passport must be valid for this period)

If your embassy is nearby you should just focus on making sure you have all your documents ready and wait for instructions. I took all sorts of supporting documents, pictures, extra copies of each document like birth certificate, marriage cert, police certificate. They had everything there and nothing was missing. My only issue was the AOS which was showing incomplete on the list at the bottom of the interview letter. However all they wanted to see was the latest tax return (2014) as the AOS had been filed back in October when docs were initially sent to the NVC. To be honest they only looked at the form, barely took a glance over the paystubs and employer letter. Just looked at the form and 2014 taxes. Since my spouse isnt working currently because he's in the process of switching jobs, I still put his income in the updated form to $0 and took a joint sponsor form filled out. She said it was fine and smiled :)

I toook so much stuff and I know its better to be safe than sorry, but in the end, they only focus on the AOS and ur admissibility to the US. When my interview started with the consular officer, she said we're gonna take a declaration, just tell me how you two met and if I have questions I'll stop and ask. So I was talking to her for a good 30 min just telling her our story and she kept commenting...how lovely....oh wow....exciting...this and that lol. It was more of a conversation rather than an interview. In the end she had me sit back down for 10 min as she was going to check if I had some sort of inadmissibility as I had been in the US in the past. She called me back and as I previously said, with a huge smile congratulated me and It felt amazing.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Congrats!!!

Even if you said you wanted the embassy the issue your SSN, it doesn't happen. Once I the US you will have to go the local Social Security Office. Take your Pasport/visa with you and a copy of your marriage certificate. Also verify the office you are going to does SSN applications, a mistake I made the first time. You may want to call to be sure you don't need anything else. It took 1-2 weeks to receive the Social Security card in the mail. I recommend getting there early, there is usually a lot of people.

There is a window for the GC, but I think if you already have your Visa you can pay the fee now. We waited until my wife was here. But I think, it was only like 3 or 4 weeks after paying we received it. here is the link where you can pay. http://www.uscis.gov/online-filing.

As far as the name change, I'm not sure. My wife changed her name right after the wedding. There could be extra time. you may want to change your name first, then go through everything else. If you do all the SSN and stuff first, then you will have to go and change your name on all the documents after the name change is final.

Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Everybody!

NVC website is down for almost 2 weeks. We're trying to pay the freakin IV Fee so we can move forward to the next step, but we can't. On the website it says contact the embassy your visa will be issued for further instructions. But there is no way to reach anybody by phone and ask a question about an immigrant visa. Only thing they did was to give us the address of the website for information on how to apply for a visa. Thanks!! Like we didn't know which website we should go!! I also emailed to the embassy but i don't think anybody will be replying cause it's the general info center. This is so frustrating! i don't know what to do. Any suggestions?? :((

Hi Everybody!

NVC website is down for almost 2 weeks. We're trying to pay the freakin IV Fee so we can move forward to the next step, but we can't. On the website it says contact the embassy your visa will be issued for further instructions. But there is no way to reach anybody by phone and ask a question about an immigrant visa. Only thing they did was to give us the address of the website for information on how to apply for a visa. Thanks!! Like we didn't know which website we should go!! I also emailed to the embassy but i don't think anybody will be replying cause it's the general info center. This is so frustrating! i don't know what to do. Any suggestions?? :((

Sorry to hear that. I had to email the NVC and they did respond, it just took a few weeks to get the response. I would suggest that, if you are just trying to pay the fee, to just mail the check to the NVC. This method sucks because it is slower than paying online, and I don't really know for sure how much longer it will take. But here is a link to the information. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/step_2_pay_fees.html

Also just keep trying to call. It sucks to get through. I once got a busy signal for nearly 30 minutes of calling back immediately after one another. Then sat on hold for 40 minutes. Keep in mind yesterday was a Holiday, so no one was working. I would just keep calling until I got through. You can also email your senator's office to let them know your situation. The site has been down, there are no clear instructions on how to proceed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.