spookyturtle

Houston dad shoots, kills 17 year old boy found inside daughter’s bedroom

126 posts in this topic

I want to hear more details. Was the daughter in bed with the boy when the father shot him? Were they acutally caught in the act? Does anyone here really think that teenagers literally caught with their pants down are going to behave like rational adults? Or do you think they were both scared shitless that dad caught them? Some of the posts in this thread are moronic.

I'm sure that every teen thinks exactly like that. I'll bet he never even thought, **! I gotta get out of here. Your post is comical.

Here's what I found:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/14/dad-shoots-teen-daughters-room/6410143/

According to detectives, the man's daughter let Johran in the house and sneaked him into her bedroom.

Her younger brother went to say good night and saw two feet sticking out under the bed, detectives said. He then went to get his father.

The father, who has not been identified, walked in and asked questions, but his daughter claimed to not know McCormick. The father then called 911, but an argument ensued with the teenage boy.

The father told deputies that McCormick dropped his hands as if to grab something, so the man opened fire. The teen died at the scene.

No other injuries were reported, but the father was transported to the hospital to be checked out for medical reasons as he complained that he was not feeling well.

Constables said the man appeared to be on several medications. Neighbors of the family were torn over the father's actions.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'd lay off the Class A substances if I were you.

If you don't have a proper response just say so..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Other Timeline

They say there are three sides to every story. This is an important piece of information that didn't appear in the earlier story. An argument between the father and the sneaky boy.

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (CBS Houston) — Authorities say a father shot dead a 17-year-old boy his daughter snuck into her bedroom after she told him he was an intruder.
KHOU-TV reports that Johran McCormick was shot and killed early Thursday morning. Harris County authorities say when the father caught McCormick in his daughter’s bedroom, the 16-year-old girl denied knowing him, despite sneaking him into her room.
“I really wish that he would’ve had a second though about killing a child,” Zakia McCormick, Johran’s mother, told KHOU. Authorities say that the father got into an argument with McCormick and called 911 after his son informed him that the teenage boy was in the girl’s room. The man told the Harris County Sheriff’s Office that he opened fire on the teen when McCormick dropped his hands, thinking he was about to grab something. “I would like my baby back, but I know that’s not possible,” Zakia McCormick said. “He didn’t deserve to die like that.”
Friends of the teenage girl said her parents were tough on her. “They were strict,” Nicole Morris told KHOU. “They didn’t really like her doing a lot of things.”
Neighbors were shocked over the fatal shooting. “As a mom, I just can’t imagine,” Letica Field told KHOU. “I know the dad was trying to protect the family, but he should have let the authorities handle it.” The father was transported to the hospital after he said he was not feeling well. He has yet to be charged.
Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you don't have a proper response just say so..

What is the proper response to this?

Yes there is lots of clouds on Venus, we can't see the surface.. There must be dinosaurs!

Why have you not moved to Baker street yet?

Once he pulled the trigger, probability became certainty.

Yep - definitely an ogre.

Friends of the teenage girl said her parents were tough on her. “They were strict,” Nicole Morris told KHOU. “They didn’t really like her doing a lot of things.”

I wonder what penal code prescribes the death penalty - without trial or recourse, no less - for merely being horny at 16/17 years of age?

But he moved his hands yanno.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yup Yup - I blame McCormick's mom, for this entire sorry state of affairs.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Why would it? You've got a gun aficionado involved, end of any common sense at all.

I would not label the father as a gun afficionado.

A gun owner, surely, but not any afficionado.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

There's this thing called context. It should be used a lot more in cases like this.

That kid made a mistake, but it's wasn't worth his life. Maybe more will come out, but unless he tried to attack the father or daughter, I can't see why shooting him was the only recourse.

He made several mistakes, not only one.

In the end, his final mistake helped along his detriment.

Sorry. I not feel bad for anyone involved at this incident, at all.

You think this is 'bad'? Hey - what about the black father who shot his black lesbian teenage daughter and her black lover this week, south o Houston? Come on....

Actions have consequences. One learns responsibility for one's actions at the hands of both parents, over time. There's a lot of stuff missing in McCormick's environs, so he missed out and thought it ok to sneak in to a girls house.

Lots o moral decay on this one - I'm aggrieved that you are stating the kid's collections of mistakes was not worth his life.

I'm surprised it too this long until someone blamed the kid.

Well, sorta-kinda-maybe.

I blame the kid's parents, who allowed him to be imprinted with an improper belief system, coupled with a very bizarre set of morals and ethics. It really is the parent's fault and problem. Yes, I do mean McCormick.

Edited by Darnell