spookyturtle

Houston dad shoots, kills 17 year old boy found inside daughter’s bedroom

126 posts in this topic

I didn't see the word 'aficionado' appear anywhere in the posted article. He may not have been all that enthusiastic about guns, but he damned sure knows how to shoot it. It's a positive testimony to gun licensing that ensures gun owners know how to properly handle their firearm.

You may be an anti-gun person. I have no way of knowing for sure. But it's a pity that you blame the father for the stupidity of the two kids. If someone sneaks into my home, they will be introduced to the barrel of a gun. Any sudden movement and it's shoot to kill.

There's this thing called context. It should be used a lot more in cases like this.

That kid made a mistake, but it's wasn't worth his life. Maybe more will come out, but unless he tried to attack the father or daughter, I can't see why shooting him was the only recourse.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

There's this thing called context. It should be used a lot more in cases like this.

That kid made a mistake, but it's wasn't worth his life. Maybe more will come out, but unless he tried to attack the father or daughter, I can't see why shooting him was the only recourse.

It's a sad story in life. The father over-reacted, but it's easy to see how his blood would boil after learning someone was in his house and his daughter saying she didn't know him. This should be a lesson to all young people to avoid sneaking around the house without your parents permission.

You're anti-gun and trying to stir up a fight. Safe gun owners don't take that bait. Good luck with your start a fight contest.

Actually, Teddy isn't anti-gun. Most of the "libs" here aren't. He just isn't so quick to end someone's life over something trivial.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Actually, Teddy isn't anti-gun. Most of the "libs" here aren't. He just isn't so quick to end someone's life over something trivial.

This was not trivial. There are actually quite a few parents who don't approve of their children behaving immorally. Both of these kids behaved irresponsibly. It should be a lesson and not a finger pointing contest about a bad dad.

It's a sad story in life. The father over-reacted, but it's easy to see how his blood would boil after learning someone was in his house and his daughter saying she didn't know him. This should be a lesson to all young people to avoid sneaking around the house without your parents permission.

My blood wouldn't boil. I'd be concerned about my family's safety. Once that's established, the only way I'd even think about pulling the trigger is if I saw a weapon or that person made a move towards myself or any of them.

This was not trivial. There are actually quite a few parents who don't approve of their children behaving immorally. Both of these kids behaved irresponsibly. It should be a lesson and not a finger pointing contest about a bad dad.

It should be a lesson not to shoot a teen in the house your daughter let in.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If only a lesson in stupidity on how not to react at the realization your hormone buzzing teenager is having sex. That not only is trivial as it is genetically and biologically induced. It is no different than asking teenagers not to grow any taller.

Even under the strictest codes, hardly an offense warranting an armed response. As usual, using a gun instead of common sense continues to be the preferred course of action by cowards.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have a bigger problem with the daughter lying about the boyfriends identity when dad had a gun pointed at him than I do with the young man.

If it *had* been a rapist that snuck into the room and was on the daughter and the father came in he would probably be feeling like a hero. These may be the events as he knew them, that's whats been reported at this point... As usual the hindsight 20//20 experts here know all see all judge all.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I want to hear more details. Was the daughter in bed with the boy when the father shot him? Were they acutally caught in the act? Does anyone here really think that teenagers literally caught with their pants down are going to behave like rational adults? Or do you think they were both scared shitless that dad caught them? Some of the posts in this thread are moronic.

The kid moved when told to freeze. Bang! The best lesson here is when you sneak into someone's home and you find yourself confronted at gunpoint, is to freeze.

I'm sure that every teen thinks exactly like that. I'll bet he never even thought, **! I gotta get out of here. Your post is comical.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If his daughter felt she had to lie, you have to wonder why.

The dad is probably an ogre.

Yes there is lots of clouds on Venus, we can't see the surface.. There must be dinosaurs!

Why have you not moved to Baker street yet?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect