5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello,

I am going to file for a k1 visa but the trick is that I am living in Korea and my fiance is living in China at the moment. I have been living and working in South Korea for the past 6 years but I have been filing my tax returns with a 2555EZ (foreign income tax credit) every year. I have a few related questions here.]

1) For the financial support affidavit I was told that any forueign income will not work. Is this true even if you have been filing your taxes for the past few years? Will I absolutely need a cosponsor? I had a lawyer tell me that he wants to try and do it without a cosponsor? Is this possible? I don't want him to suddenly say oops I was wrong, $300 more please or sorry but your fiance was denied because we made a mistake.

2) Since I am filing from abroad, which addresses will I use for my current address? My parent's address in the States, or my address in Korea? Basically I am wondering which address on the I-129 do they use to verify your US domicile and which one do they use to mail stuff to?

Thanks in advance :)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

1. Your foreign income will not count because it will end when you return to the US. Only income that will continue after you return to the US will count.

The lawyer is a moron or lying to you. You will need a co-sponsor.

2. Use the US address. It's easier and will help show your intent to reestablish a Us domicile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Awesome, thank you. sometimes I wonder if it would just be easier to file this stuff myself. It is just a little confusing because I am filing from abroad. So basically I won't need to use my Korean address at all??? Doest that mean that I would have to mail stuff to my parent's house and they would have to mail it to the USCIS? and that my parents would have to then mail any correspondence from the USCIS to me in Korea?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you parents won't need to mail anything from USCIS to you,

the important hunk o mail is the NOA-2, approval notice.

Tell them to HANG ON TO IT - as you need it for filing the Adjustment of Status case after you two marry in the USA.

Visa Chasing, after I-129F approval, is a different thing in China - gotta study at ustraveldocs.com/cn - I'm betting yer attorney not aware of any of the process there. If that's, indeed, the case, scamper.

as to your addresses - well - it IS CAPTURED on the G-325A on you, so plan accordingly - many include a note in the form 'see continuation sheet' with a continuation sheet that lists the foreign address but instructs USCIS to send all postal mail to a USA address.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.