952 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Caved, Fiancé is calling and asking to speak to a Tier 2 officer. For all the good it'll do. Just need to feel like I'm doing SOMETHING. Apart from going stir crazy lol

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-03

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-10

I-129F NOA2: 2014-08-28

Sent to NVC: 2014-09-03

Arrived at NVC: 2014-09-12

Case Number: 2014-09-16

Embassy Received Case: 2014-09-23

Medical (Passed). 2014-10-23

Interview (APPROVED) 2014-12-18

Visa In Hand. 2014-12-30

MOVING DAY!!! 2015-01-02

Wedding!! 2015-01-24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thanks!

Yeah, we were both pretty down on the phone tonight... you feel like yours will never come :) But, I know you felt that way too, and I am just glad that you can rejoice now!

And I am extremely thankful that after 10 months of being apart, we finally figured out a way to talk on the phone almost every night without breaking the bank. Texting was the best we could do for all that time, and his signal was so poor it would sometimes take us an hour to text the basics back and forth. Counting the little blessings, 'cause they really do make a difference!

If you and your fiance have smart phones, you can get Facetime thru Vonage, Kakao Talk, or even Skype. I have Vonage so we see each other couple of times a day, everyday. And of course, if you subscribe to Vonage, voice calls are free as well.

Without it, I don't think we could've waited this long. Hang in there, I think we'll be at NOA2 very soon.

Timeline

Caved, Fiancé is calling and asking to speak to a Tier 2 officer. For all the good it'll do. Just need to feel like I'm doing SOMETHING. Apart from going stir crazy lol

I just called our senator's office. Spoke to someone very nice who know all about the TSC K1 woes. I emailed our forms and she said she'd get back to me later. I'm sure it won't do any go but it sure feels great to let someone else worry about it for a few hours!

I just called our senator's office. Spoke to someone very nice who know all about the TSC K1 woes. I emailed our forms and she said she'd get back to me later. I'm sure it won't do any go but it sure feels great to let someone else worry about it for a few hours!

K-1 Visa Timeline

Transferred? No

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-15!!!!!!!!!

NVC Received :2014-10-07

NVC Left :2014-10-10

Consulate Received :2014-10-16

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-20

Medical: 2014-11-05

Packet 4 Received : 2014-11-15

Interview Date : 2014-12-19

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2015-01-08

Marriage : 2015-02-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks!

Yeah, we were both pretty down on the phone tonight... you feel like yours will never come :) But, I know you felt that way too, and I am just glad that you can rejoice now!

And I am extremely thankful that after 10 months of being apart, we finally figured out a way to talk on the phone almost every night without breaking the bank. Texting was the best we could do for all that time, and his signal was so poor it would sometimes take us an hour to text the basics back and forth. Counting the little blessings, 'cause they really do make a difference!

Oooooh u make me sad, u make feel so bad

I know what u going through but one thing is sure that I got faith everything going to be alright.

U r in my prayer everyday

Have faith dear n let pray God.

Timeline

He's emailing senator too. I need to exhaust every option, Even if nothing comes of it, I can say we tried.

Transferred? No

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-03

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-10

I-129F NOA2: 2014-08-28

Sent to NVC: 2014-09-03

Arrived at NVC: 2014-09-12

Case Number: 2014-09-16

Embassy Received Case: 2014-09-23

Medical (Passed). 2014-10-23

Interview (APPROVED) 2014-12-18

Visa In Hand. 2014-12-30

MOVING DAY!!! 2015-01-02

Wedding!! 2015-01-24

If you and your fiance have smart phones, you can get Facetime thru Vonage, Kakao Talk, or even Skype. I have Vonage so we see each other couple of times a day, everyday. And of course, if you subscribe to Vonage, voice calls are free as well.

Without it, I don't think we could've waited this long. Hang in there, I think we'll be at NOA2 very soon.

Yes, but you have to have good data connection. He literally lives in the jungle... getting phone signal is iffy, let alone internet. :)

Oooooh u make me sad, u make feel so bad

I know what u going through but one thing is sure that I got faith everything going to be alright.

U r in my prayer everyday

Have faith dear n let pray God.

Oh, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I am truly happy for you! I so appreciate your prayers. We just keep trusting and praying, and hoping it comes soon. Conversations about what happens if we don't get approved are painful!

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Yes, but you have to have good data connection. He literally lives in the jungle... getting phone signal is iffy, let alone internet. :)

Oh, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I am truly happy for you! I so appreciate your prayers. We just keep trusting and praying, and hoping it comes soon. Conversations about what happens if we don't get approved are painful!

Oh no far from that

I'm hoping for the NOA2 to come after that the rest is a piece of cake

Hello guys I'm new in the forum but still a March filler. I just received and RFE yesterday. I was wonder if someone has similar RFE like me after almost 6 months since the petition was filled. It's a little unusual time for this I think. Do you think that there is something wrong with the application? I'm a little worry right now. I'm still waiting on the mail to see what the RFE is all about. If someone can help with some info will be very much appreciated. Thanks...

Edited by l43tr31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello guys I'm new in the forum but still a March filler. I just received and RFE yesterday. I was wonder if someone has similar RFE like me after almost 6 months since the petition was filled. It's a little unusual time for this I think. Do you think that there is something wrong with the application? I'm a little worry right now. I'm still waiting on the mail to see what the RFE is all about. If someone can help with some info will be very much appreciated. Thanks...

RFE usually means something is missing. Its case depended.

Timeline

So I contacted our congressman's office and got this reply straight back. Any ideas what this means?

"I spoke to our congressional liaison at the Texas Service Center regarding your fiancé petition. There was a delay due to a hit on R’s name and this issue had to be resolved. The file is currently in transit back to the officer. The liaison could not provide a timeframe for a final decision.

K-1 Visa Timeline

Transferred? No

Visa Received :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

So I contacted our congressman's office and got this reply straight back. Any ideas what this means?

"I spoke to our congressional liaison at the Texas Service Center regarding your fiancé petition. There was a delay due to a hit on R’s name and this issue had to be resolved. The file is currently in transit back to the officer. The liaison could not provide a timeframe for a final decision.

It probably means that his name came up on a watch list of some sort and they had to investigate it. They determined it was someone else or posed no significant threat and gave the file back to the adjudicator to finish processing. Sounds like you are getting close.

:dancing:

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

It probably means that his name came up on a watch list of some sort and they had to investigate it. They determined it was someone else or posed no significant threat and gave the file back to the adjudicator to finish processing. Sounds like you are getting close.

I'm hopping you get approved soon as well...... You've waited your fair share!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm hopping you get approved soon as well...... You've waited your fair share!

Thank you kindly :)

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Timeline

This wasn't surprising at all. He had a turn around at JFK back in 2003 because they decided he had been in on too many visa waivers. Although he was in the US on work visas for 10 years, he still gets a hit and second questioning EVERY TIME he flies into the US. We figured this is pretty much what happened, the world's more boring security check. I mean, he got in to the country fine 2 months ago FFS! We're actually wondering at what point this will stop being an issue!

Sadly after this there was a follow up email that the time to decision now is expected to be 30-45 days. Since our file is already returning from security checks (if it was still there I would cry!) I'm going to chose to not believe that. Still I feel like it's Groundhog Day! (Both the movie with Bill Murray and the holiday when you realize there's still 6 more weeks of winter!)

We're also making contigency plans for Christmas, but I'm really praying it doesn't come to that.

And I agree with Abella, Texasav8r, your time MUST be near!

Edited by PrincessButtercup

K-1 Visa Timeline

Transferred? No

Visa Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.