2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, tivi said:

Congrats Kim. Still waiting on my passport. Had to submit a new police certificate yesterday but I should be good for next week. 

Hey, i was wondering it that was the reason for the delay. Fingers cross for pp in hand by next week. My sister submit document the monday and by friday she went to issued. So extra good luck to you.

Timeline
6 hours ago, jamaicankim said:

Hey, i was wondering it that was the reason for the delay. Fingers cross for pp in hand by next week. My sister submit document the monday and by friday she went to issued. So extra good luck to you.

Thanks. 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/1/2017 at 5:45 AM, jamaicankim said:

Hey guys got ssn yesterday. Now waiting on gc i'll give it a month, so until dec 18 i wait. How is everyone doing ?

Did you personally apply for your ssn or was it mailed to your address without having to apply for it in ssa office?

i already received my greencard but havent received the ssn. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, ktr said:

Did you personally apply for your ssn or was it mailed to your address without having to apply for it in ssa office?

i already received my greencard but havent received the ssn. 

It was mail to me. I ticked the box on the ds260. You need to go to the office to get your. You should of get it about 2 weeks after poe.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, jamaicankim said:

It was mail to me. I ticked the box on the ds260. You need to go to the office to get your. You should of get it about 2 weeks after poe.

I also checked the box on the ds260 but until now nothing. 😔

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 28/11/2017 at 8:42 PM, Lain said:

They schedule interviews from 27th till 8th, so it means, that your interview isn't scheduled yet, but I would expect to receive IL at the end of this week, if not, then give a call next week, as they suggested you. Good luck;)

today my dad called they said it's in warning list wait of schdule we will inform u.i don't know how to be patient in this situation.  I can't think anything positive anymore 😭

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Khadija aktar said:

today my dad called they said it's in warning list wait of schdule we will inform u.i don't know how to be patient in this situation.  I can't think anything positive anymore 😭

Maybe they said, that it's in their waiting list for scheduling an interview?

Do you know anyone from Bangladesh, even from other categories, who are current and still waiting for IL? Did your sister receive her IL? Looks like your local embassy is overloaded, thats why you are experiencing a delay. Don't worry and be patient, you will receive it soon.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
19 hours ago, Khadija aktar said:

I get it, It can be a really frustrating proceesss....You just need to remain patient, you'll get good news soon!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, Khadija aktar said:

Just be calm. Am sure they meant waiting list. You will hear from them soon. You are almost there. 

Timeline

Hey guys!

I was wondering this $200 Fee you gotta pay to the USCIS, you can make it prior to your arrival to the US, however I was wondering if you could do it once u have already arrived, and If somehow affects how much time you get your green card and SS.

Thanks!

Timeline

You can pay for it before you arrive or after.  But i pay mine before i arrive and it says card been produced now, so i should be getting it this week. If you pay it before you will get it sooner than when you pay for it after you arrive. Ssn you get that about 2 weeks after you arrive.

Timeline
13 hours ago, jamaicankim said:

You can pay for it before you arrive or after.  But i pay mine before i arrive and it says card been produced now, so i should be getting it this week. If you pay it before you will get it sooner than when you pay for it after you arrive. Ssn you get that about 2 weeks after you arrive.

Thank you! Im gonna pay it this week then!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/30/2017 at 8:45 PM, tivi said:

I can't understand why I am still in AP after my interview on November 7th and I was told that my application was approved. This is so frustrating. 

Hey tvi! Have you gotten any update yet. And how many times has your date been updated.my interview  was on the 16 and ceac has updated 4 times already,3 times since dec

Timeline
18 hours ago, Chevyja said:

Hey tvi! Have you gotten any update yet. And how many times has your date been updated.my interview  was on the 16 and ceac has updated 4 times already,3 times since dec

Hello Chevyja, still in AP. I have also received several updates. I have lost count. Most recent updates were yesterday and today. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.