2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mack123 said:

Good morning everyone I have problem my someone can help me with i'm in f1, I was in f2b before my mom file for me and my sis, she got her welcome letter the 19 of Nov and I didn't when I call to finally out what they ask if I'm married and I said no but on there system I am so the question is what can I do to change that??? 

Try emailing nvc about it 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mack123 said:

Good morning everyone I have problem my someone can help me with i'm in f1, I was in f2b before my mom file for me and my sis, she got her welcome letter the 19 of Nov and I didn't when I call to finally out what they ask if I'm married and I said no but on there system I am so the question is what can I do to change that??? 

Hi,

Usually NVC sends an email telling, that your category has changed. Have you ever received it? If you are not married and think, that NVC made a mistake call them, or write an email and explain.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/28/2017 at 11:55 AM, Mack123 said:

You can also ask your mum to call NVC for you as well.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Last year at this time I hoped that 2017 would be the year that my process would finally be complete and much to my surprise I got my wish earlier than I had anticipated. So, here's wishing that this New Year 2018 will bring for you guys still waiting a successful resolution to this long process.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!

21 hours ago, ExoticPrincess said:

Last year at this time I hoped that 2017 would be the year that my process would finally be complete and much to my surprise I got my wish earlier than I had anticipated. So, here's wishing that this New Year 2018 will bring for you guys still waiting a successful resolution to this long process.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!

How long did it take to get an interview at kng embassy after the priority date became current.

Edited by readymiready

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, readymiready said:

How long did it take to get an interview at kng embassy after the priority date became current.

Ironically, I got my Interview Letter before my PD became current. It would become current before the interview though, but that's not the case for everyone. 

Timeline

Hello everybody. Happy New Year. Wishing you all the best for the new year 2018!

Some updates. My son and I landed two weeks ago. My POE was Atlanta, the processing was quick and easy. I received ssn in less than two weeks. 

My son was enrolled in school and will start school on the 10th.

I am job hunting and had two interviews so far. Hoping that I will get a job asap.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey!

Its been almost  a month since I got here, I just requested my SS last week. So hopefully it will take less than 2 weeks to get it, and as soon as my ss arrives I can get my State Id Card. Havent got my Green Card yet.

Timeline
15 hours ago, wafelc said:

Hey!

Its been almost  a month since I got here, I just requested my SS last week. So hopefully it will take less than 2 weeks to get it, and as soon as my ss arrives I can get my State Id Card. Havent got my Green Card yet.

Dont know if ny is different from florida state id is $25, 2 bill with address on it, passport and ss# and you get it back same time which i didn't  expected. How you liking the place so far? Where in ny are you? 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
6 hours ago, jamaicankim said:

Dont know if ny is different from florida state id is $25, 2 bill with address on it, passport and ss# and you get it back same time which i didn't  expected. How you liking the place so far? Where in ny are you? 

Hey!

I read that in NY states card will take about 2 weeks as well and its about 13 dollars the one that is valid for 8 years. Im living in Ridgewood, in Queens, everything seems good so far but im just getting started, the weather was insane last week though, we were freezing. How are you, in which part of Florida are you? My mom lives in Florida as well.

I was wondering, if I want to trave to visit my mom in Florida since I dont have mi Green Card, or my NY states card yet, can I use my passport? Or I have to wait for one of this to arrive? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, wafelc said:

Hey!

I read that in NY states card will take about 2 weeks as well and its about 13 dollars the one that is valid for 8 years. Im living in Ridgewood, in Queens, everything seems good so far but im just getting started, the weather was insane last week though, we were freezing. How are you, in which part of Florida are you? My mom lives in Florida as well.

I was wondering, if I want to trave to visit my mom in Florida since I dont have mi Green Card, or my NY states card yet, can I use my passport? Or I have to wait for one of this to arrive? 

I'm in lauderhill that's near miami. My state id expires 2026. You can travel with your passport you got a year with that. Im good the cold front last week was crazy even for south florida lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.