suhailsaish

USCIS has turned my marriage into a joke...

117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I must say that is has been wonderful to really share very similar thoughts and emotions with many of you in this thread. My husband and I met in June 2011. I was 22, and when we started dating the month after, I really wanted to make sure we really got to know each other. We dated for a whole year before he proposed. We decided to get married in France after we were advised not to do so in the US since it might look "bad in the future?" even though for financial reasons it was better for my husband to continue to work in France. We chose not to get married in Mexico, because it's just so expensive to translate and it wasn't very safe in my opinion for his family to travel to my home city. We got married in Dec. 2012, and filed at the end of March 2013. We thought it would go by quick, just like many people have stated. I knew this journey would not be easy. We both knew it but no one could've prepared us for how long this would really take. We didn't get to spend much time together so I went to visit my husband for spring break and after the summer was over, I was feeling very sad. I really missed him, so I went to visit for a week in November for Thanksgiving week. (I'm a teacher, so I have some time here and there). That week was not enough, so I had to tell my family in Mexico, I wouldn't be able to spend the holidays with them, once again. I haven't been able to see my family for over a year now because any chance I get, I try to spend it in France with my husband. This is a very difficult decision to make all the time but in order to make our long distance marriage work, we have to spend as much time together as we can. So this winter break, I spent two weeks with my husband. We were so happy to spend them together because we at least got to spend our anniversary together.

It hasn't been easy but I know that when we are done with this, there is nothing that will break us. I believe that our long distance relationships, even though people can't believe how we do it, really test us in ways that no other relationships do. They teach us to really communicate, use our time wisely and how to love and be patient. Like many of you have expressed, we really dislike not knowing what's next in our plans. Wanting to move, look for jobs, have kids, etc. We often look at other people's cases who got married after we did and already are together and we actually just received our RFE after not hearing at all for 9 months! Now we just wait until we have our new case number since today we found out our I-130 has been approved but at this point we're just hopeful. It's comforting to see you're all going through the same struggles, although I wish for all of us to be together with our loved ones soon. Thank you for sharing your stories and just know that even if these cases take forever, there has to be something positive coming from this wait. (I at least like to think so) In April it will be a year since our NO1, so all we want at this point is for my husband to be here by June. We want to have a honeymoon and we can't even plan that until we know he'll be here for sure!

Filed: Other Country: Brunei Darussalam
Timeline

I was referring to the very title of this thread...

I don't dispute for a second that the process is frustrating, nor do I take the separation and the anxiety lightly. I must however point out to the mob mentality that has taken over many because of what the USCIS may or may not be doing in regards to DACA. Everything you hear or read are just allegations because there is no visibility as to how the system works. My point is that the entire process is already bad enough that one should not need to seek additional reasons to further one's exasperation. I was dispensing some tough love.

How man do you not have any visibility as to how the system works.

They dont have the resources and cant hire new ones to process DACA

They screwed over K1s for 6 or so months

Then they screwed over american citizens

Ever heard of a queue - like a first in first out illegals always out queue ?

Like it is in every other country in the world.

Uno suggestion - give that tough love to those who ask for amnesty as if its their birthright

Those who dont learn english, fly flags of their own countries while asking for american identity

Let those welfare loving thugs be the recipients of your hard hitting comments.

Edited by gabeRao

Uno suggestion - give that tough love to those who ask for amnesty as if its their birthright

Those who dont learn english, fly flags of their own countries while asking for american identity

Let those welfare loving thugs be the recipients of your hard hitting comments.

That's an awful lot of generalizations for just one post. You might want to split it up into different posts; you know, to balance things out a bit.

07/29/2014 - NOA1

11/19/2014 - Transfer to TSC

12/19/2014 - NOA2

01/15/2014 - NVC Received (TSC held it for 3 weeks...)

02/19/2014 - Case no. and IIN assigned; requested embassy change

02/27/2014 - DS-261 available and submitted

02/28/2014 - AOS available and paid

03/19/2014 - AOS mailed

03/27/2014 - AOS entered into system

03/24/2014 - New case no. assigned

03/25/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

03/28/2014 - IV package sent via FedEx

04/26/2014 - case complete

06/01/2014 - passed interview

Filed: Other Country: Brunei Darussalam
Timeline

That's an awful lot of generalizations for just one post. You might want to split it up into different posts; you know, to balance things out a bit.

I could direct you to visuals from their "immigration rights" rallies for factual confirmation.

Anybody who takes something that was not given to them by their parents or their family or did not earn it -- is a thug

Nobody has to be PC for your comfort

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

ProTip: There are far less people seeking to immigrate to those countries.

i dont agree, Avery. It is true that there are less inmigration to Spain and India than to the US, but accordingly to its population, in Spain immigrants still are around 12% over total (6 million people out of 46 million).

Maybe the US have 40 million of inmigrants, (12% over 330 million people) too, but I think it is a question of resources and willingness....

I-751 ROC
2016-08-31 I-751 form sent to USCIS
2016-09-02 NOA 1
2016-10-13 Biometrics appointment

N-400

2017-08-31 Filed N-400 online

2017-08-31 Receipt Notice

2017-09-18 Biometrics Appointment

Finally!!!! Got my text and emails yesterday of approval... I arranged a surprise with her family to all show up at once at her house while we were on Skype... After she damaged my ear drums by screaming, she started to cry with joy. Very happy for this step to be done... Can't wait for her to be here. Thank you all for your support and wish you all the best of luck. We'll be praying for you guys!

What a great way to break the news! Congratulations!!

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i totally understand the feelings because i am going through the same situation no1 else living a normal life with their partner can understand this pain .....i have been married more than a year now also expecting a baby and i m no way near my visa i expect my husband to feel the same but probably men are less expressive or he have alot of other things to do so he is less frustrated than me plus i have to face the society who constantly ask me y i m living with parents after marriage ... but feels like i have no way out never thought abt this kind of marriage before gettin married to US citizen they think we dont deserve a normal life like others:(

MAy GOD help us all

As simple as this..how come they were asking for more proof of a true marriage, well in fact going through with all this waiting, so deppressing, is a sign of true love and genuine marriage. 9 months had passed since we started this visa journey, our case is still in USCIS. I started loosing hope.

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

aaaahhh!! I knew it! It was only a matter of time before *that* one person has to come and rain on everyone's parade! You HAD to come on here just to ruin the mood.

Of course, what do you care? You're already getting your naturalization so you don't have to go through what the rest of us are going through. And if you did, you've long forgotten.

"What does the complain come from?" Well, we're all just telling our stories, that's all. This is a safe place for us to come and bond with each other... don't like it and don't want to read others' stories? Then go elsewhere and keep your negativity to yourself.

(Let me guess, since you're from "NJ" I will guess that you're a Brazilian living in the Newark area surrounded by the thousands of others who come here illegally from Valadares, if you're not one yourself and so you feel the need to jump on the "illegal" comment... I know all about you people. I worked in Newark for 7 years helping the Portuguese and Brazilian immigrants who spoke no English. I have heard every immigration, welfare, frivolous lawsuit, construction, you-name-it-it-happened scam in the book that you could think of. And YES, we K1 and CR-1/IR-1 are paying partly because of the immigration bit. But you brought that up, not us.)

Wish there was a like icon for the comment. :) Jersey Girl, met my fiance in Newark. Lived in Hudson County all my life, I know how it is...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.