suhailsaish

USCIS has turned my marriage into a joke...

117 posts in this topic

My life in a nutshell... Arranged marriage in May 2013, Filed first week on June, didn't hear a squeak till mid December that my case is getting transferred to NSC. Was asked too wait 60 days because inquiring... today is the 70th day. Now the sites been down. I have been with my wife exactly 22 days in a year of us knowing each other. I will never forget the pain you have caused me USCIS.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I filed I-130 february 2013 and my case is waiting at NVC! Takes forever at USCIS to get approved!

I've only spent a month and 3 weeks with my husband and it sucks after being away for a year! Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have question for those of you that are at your wits ends and completely frustrated with the whole process.

When did the frustration and anger start to take hold? How has it affected your relationship?

I have a priority date of Sept. 26 th. So far we are ok...but some days seem to take forever.

yup, I'm completely fed up too. today was a really bad day for mecray5ol.gif

My bad day was Friday. I was looking up airfares ready to say "Screw this." and go back to the Netherlands. Wound up sitting here crying for a few hours instead. Now my husband and I are talking contingency plans.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

I have question for those of you that are at your wits ends and completely frustrated with the whole process.

When did the frustration and anger start to take hold? How has it affected your relationship?

I have a priority date of Sept. 26 th. So far we are ok...but some days seem to take forever.

My PD was March 20th. (I'm at the NVC now, but no case number yes.) I didn't start getting upset at all about things until September. About 8 1/2 months in I started having a really hard time. Christmas sucked. And even since then I've had some very, very low points. This past Friday was probably the lowest. I've been trying to channel my anger into useful action, and have been successful most of the time with that.

As far as my relationship with my husband goes, we're making the best of a bad situation. We talk about it a lot, and try to cheer each other up. We don't fight. We talk about the kids, and discuss job options, and what we need to get done once he gets here, or paperwork. We discuss science and news, or history, or music, or linguistics. Sometimes he plays the trumpet for me or shows me the new musical composition he's working on. Or we sing. We try to maintain some sense of normalcy. And sometimes we just vent at each other. We've already done the LDR thing, albeit 8 years ago, so we know how to deal with our relationship having these limitations at the moment. It's not pleasant in any sense of the word, but we'll get through it. The kids are not holding up as well, and that's probably the hardest part of this.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I saw today the stats for Vermont in December, they actually did less than November, only 800 petitions and their backlog climbed to more than 18,000. The breaking point for me was last month when I saw the stats come out for Vermont. Combined with the nagging threat of AP against my wife, because she has a common Muslim name, I lost it. I guess I am the least devoted spouse here, but I started questioning my decision to marry my wife. Of course she's done nothing wrong, she's the best, most faithful wife a man could ever ask for, but thanks to my own government I feel like I have fallen in love with the "wrong type of person." I don't want to say too much because I am wary of bad mouthing the US or its government on the internet, but let's just say this has not made me a more loyal citizen than I already was.

I fluctuate between suicidal, deciding to discuss divorce with my wife, and determined to stay with her every day about 10 times a day. This is mental torture of the worst sort.

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: Timeline

We filed back in September, still waiting for at least a transfer to give us some glimmer of hope. Things got really bad around the holidays for us. I think it was largely due to us realizing that we were in for a much longer delay than we originally anticipated. We're both very upset with the system, the bureaucratic and public apathy, and seemingly no way out. I got to see my husband as Christmas, but for a very short time and naturally did the family circuit and managed to squeak a few days alone. I feel so weird typing this, but you all are the only people who would remotely understand, but I felt so envious hearing his family members talk about things they all do together, or will do together. The simplest things, too. Everyone gets to spend time with my husband but me.

We've started to discuss me moving to England. When we're feeling whimsical we talk about settling in a 3rd country - as unrealistic as it sounds, those dreams do help. We're in a dark place with no map, but we still make plans together. My husband and I are learning how to 'be married' which is impossible 4,000 miles away. We make do with what we can and remember this distance is only temporary. Should this wait extend too long and I will sell the house, get the cats micro-chipped and vaccinated and go to him.

I get angry every time I think about this process. We're all being punished for following the letter of the law. It's not right. I'm hopeful that my petition will get transferred this week, but I feel like I'm setting myself up to get punched in the gut.

In December, I almost quit school and stayed in Brazil because I could not stomach coming back to the US alone and suffering again.

We almost pulled our I-130 petition and thought about going to Canada instead because we thought the process would be quicker and have many friends who moved there.

I know how you feel.... I get really angry, too. We ARE being punished for following the laws... and meanwhile, I hear about all these status adjusters (people who come on tourist visas because their friends promised them American husbands and cars and homes) and they get their GCs in 3 months. It sucks but I believe in karma.... if we get through this, there will be nothing but tons of blessings!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.