Damian P

Anybody Stateside Watching "90 Day Fiance" Stateside?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It's hysterical. It really is. And obviously all the more entertaining for those of us that have been down the K-1 route. I know "reality" TV is actualy anything but, but the producers could have least TRIED to make it a little more convincing/authentic!

Russ & Paola - He's clearly gay. End of story.

Mike & Aziza - She has the most pronounced American accent I've ever heard for a 21-year-old Russian!

Alan & Kirylam - Dork/Aspiring model? Nah!

Louis & Aya - The only one of these "relationships" I could see as being genuine (but I doubt it is).

Compulsive viewing though (albeit taken with a large pinch of salt!)

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

There's a thread in Off-Topic about it, Daymo.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/470939-new-reality-show-about-k1-visa-merged/

But the answer to your question is "Yes". Though not me personally.

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

I thought there might be. But I try to avoid the mong-fest that is the off-topic forum like the plague, Wheatly. yes.gif

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

I only frequent 1-2 threads myself, tbh - though I said that mainly as a heads-up. This might get merged into that one if you're unlucky. :P

"What's yours is mine!"

It is terrible, though I'm not surprised. It is obviously played up for the drama.

But Mike's family, his mother in particular, is so awful to Aziza.

TIMELINE

I129F Sent: 16/09/13

NOA1: 23/09/13

NOA2: 28/10/13

Interview: 15/01/14 | APPROVED

Visa In Hand: 28/01/14

POE: 09/03/14

Timeline

Yeah, but Aziza is.............well...................so awful!!!!!!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Set the recorder for tonight. Wish I could find previous episodes. I love stupid reality TV.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Train-wrecks sell, y'all !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Full episodes are probably online somewhere *cough* but there's a bunch of clips on the TLC website: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Set the recorder for tonight. Wish I could find previous episodes. I love stupid reality TV.

Last one tonight, Nich! For this season. They're already asking for interested couples for another run! I'm just bummed that I'm long done with K-1, because I'd totally ###### OWN that show.kicking.gif

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is terrible, though I'm not surprised. It is obviously played up for the drama.

But Mike's family, his mother in particular, is so awful to Aziza.

Russ - Gay, in the closet because parents are so religious. Pao looks like a sweet girl that has been exposed to A LOT. I really wonder if she used to be a stripper, or worse in Columbia. Her "I don't mind being almost naked around strangers" makes me suspicious. Also, I get a SERIOUS gold-digger vibe from her. I think with Russ' sexual preferences, and his "I'll be out on the rig for months at a time" job, she might be seeking the comfort of another man soon.

Mike (WOW, I see why he had no luck meeting women), and Aziza. Yeah, her English is a little TOO good. And it was amazing to me how she wasn't interested in sex until she saw Mike chatting with the 2 girls outside the restaurant. THEN, she was ready! Also, I get the feeling that drunk and sloppy isn't exactly a NEW state for Mike's mom. I think she'll marry him, but only long enough to get AOS, and then she's gone. She'll find someone else, or go AWOL.

Alan & Kirlyam - He is the most jealous, most controlling man I've seen in a long time. His transparent reasoning for moving the wedding up was epic. "I need to move this up, because if she gets out in the world here, she'll realize I'm nothing special, and leave me in a second!" I wouldn't be surprised if she got pregnant on their honeymoon. (His way to make sure she doesn't leave, and a way to hopefully torpedo her modelling career). Also, he's 29. I chatted with an LDS buddy about missionary work. He said if you were a SERIOUSLY late bloomer, you MIGHT get to go at 23-24. But once you were 25, you were told it was time to get a wife, and to let the younger members handle that. So, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, and say that he was 23. That means when he met Kirlyam, she was 15? And he cultivated that relationship until she was old enough to leave home, and come to the US with him. Does that seem creepy to anyone else? Would you let YOUR 15 year old daughter date a 23 year old man?

Louis & Aya - Let's start with Louis' ex. Hey-Seuss what a troll! Milane and I (We both watch the program), refer to her as Trolly. She's a real piece of work! Her personal probing questions of Aya would have garnered a "Non of your ***** business!" from me. It's like she never considered that Louis said he didn't want more children because he was married to her. I was glad to see that he stepped up, and did the right thing, and got her the dress she wanted. Also, did anyone else notice the mistake? He says he doesn't have the money for the dress, but then in episode 5 he says he "put it on his debit card". Debit card comes right out of the checking account. If he didn't have the money, that transaction would have bounced. So, either he meant his CREDIT card, or he DID have the money, and that whole thing was just for TV.

Len & Alina - Web only! If you guys haven't seen THAT train wreck, you should go to the TLC website, and check them out. It looks like they were to be couple #5, but things didn't work out. They tried to film a bunch of interactions with the friends, and family to fill time, but failed at that as well, so it became a "web only" thing. Len is 48, Alina is 21, and from Ukraine. Len appears to be wealthy, as he owns a gym or gyms in Arizona. He has flown Alina to nice tropical places, and spent time with her. Now, the time for the K-1 has come. She doesn't go to the interview. Just doesn't go. Tries to play it of like "You didn't tell me it was serious!" but fails. They get into a fight, and she disappears for 2 weeks. It seems she ran off to Turkey for 2 weeks with some other guy. The last episode of that should be posted online soon as well. I can only assume that he called the whole thing off. She seems to be a party girl who is happy to sleep with you in exchange for you taking her somewhere nice.

You guys KNOW they're trolling for couples for season 2, right? I was considering it, but with our age differences, and things, they would portray me as something terrible. And I have no interest in that.

Timeline

....and Aziza. Yeah, her English is a little TOO good.

And that accent - straight outta Leningrad, right!??

You guys KNOW they're trolling for couples for season 2, right? I was considering it, but with our age differences, and things, they would portray me as something terrible. And I have no interest in that.

Do it!!!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

It's hysterical. It really is. And obviously all the more entertaining for those of us that have been down the K-1 route. I know "reality" TV is actualy anything but, but the producers could have least TRIED to make it a little more convincing/authentic!

Russ & Paola - He's clearly gay. End of story.

Mike & Aziza - She has the most pronounced American accent I've ever heard for a 21-year-old Russian!

Alan & Kirylam - Dork/Aspiring model? Nah!

Louis & Aya - The only one of these "relationships" I could see as being genuine (but I doubt it is).

Compulsive viewing though (albeit taken with a large pinch of salt!)

Guilty. I'm not beyond mindless $hit television when it's this bad. I try not to judge the authenticity of people's relationships, but Mike and Aziza...

Mike will be posting in the Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum before too long.

Aya's ex-wfie-in-law's jibber jabber would last about 3 seconds in the company of any woman with a spine!!!!

Alan is punching well above his weight

Pao will send Russ and his uber religious family over the deep end soon enough.

The best thing about this show, I feel so normal.

K-1:

I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox: 20/09/2013

USPS delivery confirmation: 23/09/2013

Check cashed: 26/09/2013

NOA1 email: 26/09/2013

NOA1 hardcopy: 28/09/2013

Alien Registration Number: 18/10/2013

NOA2 email: 29/10/2013

NOA2 hardcopy: 31/10/2013

TSC ships to NVC: 12/11/2013

NVC received: 15/11/2013

NVC left: 22/11/2013

London received: 25/11/2013

CEAC marked as "Ready" 02/12/2013

'Packet 3' received: 18/12/2013

DS-2001 emailed: 02/01/2014

Medical: 13/01/2014

Medical logged: 16/01/2014

Interview scheduled (CEAC update called DoS): 23/01/2014

Interview: 20/02/2014...APPROVED!!!

CEAC case creation date changed: 21/02/2014

CEAC changed to Administrative Processing 21/02/2014

CEAC changed to Issued: 24/02/2014

DX delivered visa package: 27/02/2014

Entered US: 05/05/2014

Married: 04/07/2014

NOA1-NOA2 = 33 days

AOS:

Filed: 22/07/14

NOA1: 27/07/14

Biometrics: 02/09/14

EAD/AP:16/09/14

NPIW letter: 02/01/15

RFE for new medical: 21/05/2015

RFE mailed: 15/06/2015

AOS approved: 23/07/2015

Welcome Notice rec'd: 25/07/2015

Green Card rc'd: 24/08/2015

NOA1-NOA2 = 364 DAYS

Timeline

Mike will be posting in the Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum before too long.

rofl.gifrofl.gif

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Believe it or not, some of these couples are registered on these very forums..

"What's yours is mine!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.