KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

Glad to see more approvals! it's 6 months for us, so I called my 2 senators and a congresswoman for updates...nothing so far.

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yeah go to their websites and look for the authorization forms that they need signed so they can work on your case. Usually they want these faxed to them but some offices will let you scan and email them.

I had to stay on top of John Cornyn and Ted Cruz of Texas.. I called them and made sure they got my information, my signed authorizations, if they had started on my case etc.

By the end of it they wanted to get me approved just so I would stop calling them probably. I also wrote in my letters to them about what they stood for and upcoming elections and how i am an avid voter etc.

After waiting 5 or 6 months everyone should have the right to be approved.. I just want to see you guys get what you deserve. I waited almost 6 months and I am starting to feel pretty lucky i only had to wait that long.

Feel free to PM me for any help or questions!

Quick question - How did you word your letter to Cornyn and Cruz in regards to what they stood for and upcoming elections. Cornyn is up for election this fall, but would love to know how to word it. Thanks, TheFoxxy!

Filed: Timeline

so we are December 27th filers, NOA 1 on Jan 3. and still nothing. Congressman did inquiry and still nothing. Service request saying that we need to wait 60 days before decision (our case with officer) and it has been 1 month and no updates.... we will be 7 months at the end of this week. so TSC burn in hell

Hey i'm December 19th filer...NOA1: December 31st ..it's sad...Congressman made 2 inquiries on our behalf aswell...hoping that soon we get approved.. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It's so bad that on weeknights I sit at my computer with my cell phone until I fall asleep waiting for the elusive noa2 to arrive. Hoping it will arrive soon.

my parents made a very generous offer to allow me to go across the world for my fiancees interview, but I have yet to decide if this is the best decision. is anyone else planning to be together for the interview? I never really planned it because the east coast of the states and new zealand are a far ways away and I just never really considered it

Edited by bmorgan

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's so bad that on weeknights I sit at my computer with my cell phone until I fall asleep waiting for the elusive noa2 to arrive. Hoping it will arrive soon.

my parents made a very generous offer to allow me to go across the world for my fiancees interview, but I have yet to decide if this is the best decision. is anyone else planning to be together for the interview? I never really planned it because the east coast of the states and new zealand are a far ways away and I just never really considered it

Have you ever been there before? Take that offer!!

I lived in Australia for a little while, while I was there I took short trips to New Zealand and Fiji, and I have to say I was really sad to have to come back here. I had the best times in my life there. The flight isn't direct, the way I did my flights I had one stop in San Francisco (almost 6 hours), and then onward to Sydney (14 hours). Going there I planned my flight so I would arrive in San Francisco around 9pm, this way I would sleep most of the flight to Sydney. Coming back I took an afternoon flight from Sydney, fell asleep about 6 hours into the flight, when I woke up we were 20 min from San Fran. My second flight was canceled because a major blizzard was in progress in NY so I was stuck there for two days...

I'm going to the interview with my fiance. It's easy because he lives close enough to for me to drive to him, but I'd fly anywhere in the world for him if I had to. I want to share that moment with him, the moment we're told he's going to be approved. If something were to go awry, I want to be there to comfort him. I want to be there for it all, good or bad. We can only make these memories once in a lifetime!

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Timeline

Have you ever been there before? Take that offer!!

I lived in Australia for a little while, while I was there I took short trips to New Zealand and Fiji, and I have to say I was really sad to have to come back here. I had the best times in my life there. The flight isn't direct, the way I did my flights I had one stop in San Francisco (almost 6 hours), and then onward to Sydney (14 hours). Going there I planned my flight so I would arrive in San Francisco around 9pm, this way I would sleep most of the flight to Sydney. Coming back I took an afternoon flight from Sydney, fell asleep about 6 hours into the flight, when I woke up we were 20 min from San Fran. My second flight was canceled because a major blizzard was in progress in NY so I was stuck there for two days...

I'm going to the interview with my fiance. It's easy because he lives close enough to for me to drive to him, but I'd fly anywhere in the world for him if I had to. I want to share that moment with him, the moment we're told he's going to be approved. If something were to go awry, I want to be there to comfort him. I want to be there for it all, good or bad. We can only make these memories once in a lifetime!

Haha yeah have spent quite a bit of time there, was living there all of last year with him and was twice before visiting him during their winters… about 2 years spent there in our 4 year relationship. I would fly there in a second if I could, but as he was visiting the past few months, we got a puppy and I would hate to make my parents take care of him while I go there for a few weeks. I think it is just my anger towards this whole process that is getting in the way at the moment. When i told my fiancé, he said "Stay for longer", but then he remembered that someone has to watch our dog haha. I think the only thing that would really hold me back is the flights, have done that flight 8 times now and it is tiring! I wish my fiancé lived driving distance, I would be with him every weekend! I have a feeling that I will be there because my heart is aching for him so badly and I definitely need to listen to my heart and not my mind. All I need is my noa2!

Timeline

Haha yeah have spent quite a bit of time there, was living there all of last year with him and was twice before visiting him during their winters… about 2 years spent there in our 4 year relationship. I would fly there in a second if I could, but as he was visiting the past few months, we got a puppy and I would hate to make my parents take care of him while I go there for a few weeks. I think it is just my anger towards this whole process that is getting in the way at the moment. When i told my fiancé, he said "Stay for longer", but then he remembered that someone has to watch our dog haha. I think the only thing that would really hold me back is the flights, have done that flight 8 times now and it is tiring! I wish my fiancé lived driving distance, I would be with him every weekend! I have a feeling that I will be there because my heart is aching for him so badly and I definitely need to listen to my heart and not my mind. All I need is my noa2!

Well when your parents extended the offer, did they realize they would have to take care of the puppy for a little while if you left? I get the guilt, but it is a once in a lifetime chance! Just do something really nice for them in return. I'm sure they would love to know that they had a part in letting you have what could be one of the happiest moments in your life! Bonus points if you stay long enough to return together! Listen to your heart.

My fiance doesn't exactly live within driving distance, I usually fly him here or I fly up there. I'm only driving because I refuse to pay over $500 to fly to Montreal from JFK when it's like a 5.5 hour drive. On top of that, when he gets his visa I'm going to make the 8.5 hour drive to Toronto to go get him and his stuff. All told I'll be driving about 1,800 miles in what will probably be a short amount of time (the most I've driven in one shot is 150 miles ahhhh)! I'm going to feel like the world's worst person because *I'm* the one taking him away from his parents, I'm not so good with good byes and emotions and I'm honestly scared sh-tless, I'm dreading that moment!

You'll get your NOA2 soon, hang in there!

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Timeline

Hey Guys. Finally got 5 minutes to put up my checklist. Here is a list of stuff you should be gathering while you wait for your NOA2 or you have your NOA2

You (US Citizen):
-134 form(s) : multiple if you need more than 1 supporter

-3 years of taxes from all supporters

-job letters and 2 most recent paystubs

-credit card bills (2 years) proving all the stuff you bought while abroad

-photos of your credit card to prove the credit card bill is yours

-marriage reservation papers (booking receipts)

-affidavites from family and friends of your relationship

-phone bills proving you paid monthly for international service

-3 passport copies and copies of all visa stamps

-flight tickets

-original I-129F packet

-Pictures together

-Print of chats/skype interactions

-copies of your NOA1 and NOA2

Your Fiance (immigrant)

-3 Passport copies

-birth certificate original and 3 copies

-5 2x2 passport photos

-engagement ring (her)

-K1 visa fee

----your fiance will need to gather other documents, but it depends on your country. Since my fiance is in india, I had her gather more information

I also included a pic of how big the files were. The weight was exactly 13.8 lbs.

post-179641-0-77661000-1406076886_thumb.jpg

Edited by shootersix66

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Guys. Finally got 5 minutes to put up my checklist. Here is a list of stuff you should be gathering while you wait for your NOA2 or you have your NOA2

You (US Citizen):

-flight tickets

-original I-129F packet

-Pictures together

Your Fiance (immigrant)

-3 Passport copies

-5 2x2 passport photos

-engagement ring (her)

-K1 visa fee

----your fiance will need to gather other documents, but it depends on your country. Since my fiance is in india, I had her gather more information

I also included a pic of how big the files were. The weight was exactly 13.8 lbs.

Good job! Very well organized :)

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

Well when your parents extended the offer, did they realize they would have to take care of the puppy for a little while if you left? I get the guilt, but it is a once in a lifetime chance! Just do something really nice for them in return. I'm sure they would love to know that they had a part in letting you have what could be one of the happiest moments in your life! Bonus points if you stay long enough to return together! Listen to your heart.

My fiance doesn't exactly live within driving distance, I usually fly him here or I fly up there. I'm only driving because I refuse to pay over $500 to fly to Montreal from JFK when it's like a 5.5 hour drive. On top of that, when he gets his visa I'm going to make the 8.5 hour drive to Toronto to go get him and his stuff. All told I'll be driving about 1,800 miles in what will probably be a short amount of time (the most I've driven in one shot is 150 miles ahhhh)! I'm going to feel like the world's worst person because *I'm* the one taking him away from his parents, I'm not so good with good byes and emotions and I'm honestly scared sh-tless, I'm dreading that moment!

You'll get your NOA2 soon, hang in there!

YOu are right, I also think I am trying to not get too excited just yet, because I have made countdowns for months and knowing this is the last time we will have to be separated is the best feeling.

Thats a whole lot of driving! Best of luck to you and all that, it will definitely be the best moment ever getting to drive with him back… and i get the whole taking away from the parents thing, except its more of my parents who are upset that I am getting taken away from them… but they are getting a lot better with it all!

you definitely lifted my spirits tonight! thank you :)

Filed: Timeline

You (US Citizen):

-flight tickets

-original I-129F packet

-Pictures together

Your Fiance (immigrant)

-3 Passport copies

-5 2x2 passport photos

-engagement ring (her)

-K1 visa fee

Hey thanks for sharing this. I have few questiosn though:

1- I don't have a marriage reservation yet. We want to plan together, is that mandatory?

2- International Phone bills? Honestly I don't use phone line, I used Viber, Skype, etc.

3- We don't have our boarding passes, just email confirmation of flights and reservation paper by an agency is all we have, do you think that's going to be an issue?

4- Engagement ring? just a picture right?

It made me a bit nervers :/

Timeline

Yeah go to their websites and look for the authorization forms that they need signed so they can work on your case. Usually they want these faxed to them but some offices will let you scan and email them.

I had to stay on top of John Cornyn and Ted Cruz of Texas.. I called them and made sure they got my information, my signed authorizations, if they had started on my case etc.

By the end of it they wanted to get me approved just so I would stop calling them probably. I also wrote in my letters to them about what they stood for and upcoming elections and how i am an avid voter etc.

After waiting 5 or 6 months everyone should have the right to be approved.. I just want to see you guys get what you deserve. I waited almost 6 months and I am starting to feel pretty lucky i only had to wait that long.

Feel free to PM me for any help or questions!

I wrote to John Cornyn but he pretty much sent us a generic (and uninterested) reply. I'm hoping our Senator will be able to help.

Edited by Sugarized

Timeline

Hey thanks for sharing this. I have few questiosn though:

1- I don't have a marriage reservation yet. We want to plan together, is that mandatory?

2- International Phone bills? Honestly I don't use phone line, I used Viber, Skype, etc.

3- We don't have our boarding passes, just email confirmation of flights and reservation paper by an agency is all we have, do you think that's going to be an issue?

4- Engagement ring? just a picture right?

It made me a bit nervers :/

1. Its better to have some type of reservation because it shows you are really going to get married. Many people don't, but I think it helps prove your case.

2. Just print out viber chats if you can and print out exerpts from various days. I know you can do that with whatsapp. Print out skype logs.

3. I just had email confirmations too, but I also higlighted the ticket on my credit card statement

4. Yes pictures/receipt if your fiance is the guy. The ring itself if your fiance is the girl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello dear fellow January filers! I have a little math equation for you all:

6 months, 1 week & 2 days + 1 congressman + 1 senator + persistent calling = 1 APPROVAL!! :dancing:

Yay, I got the e-mail and the app notification at 3 this morning! It's exactly 181 days from NOA1 to NOA2. Was starting to think it would never come, now I'm in utter shock and am extremely excited of course!! It's been 5 working days since the senator's office called the USCIS, so I'm thinking that had a little something to do with it :innocent:

TSC is on the move!! ^_^

. Hey so happy for you guys. Congrats?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.