KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Me too...our NOA1 was on Jan 7th...I officially hate Jan 7th...

My fiance sent an email to both senators, but they asked to send a formal letter, which he did, but no answer..

and the most frustrating part is that all cases after mine got an answer either an RFE or approval...197 days today...6months and 16 days..

Everyday is a new day...let's not lose our hopes...hope is the only thing that keeps me sane and alive..

I am jan 6th 2014 and no word yet either so dont fret!! stay strong!!! We are Next!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey guys, sorry for the delay in the checklist. I just got super busy at work and I don't want to half @$$ it. Work has got me running to different states this week. I have the checklist written on paper, but I just have to type it. Look forward to it this evening or tomorrow at latest.

Really hoping for you early filers to get your NOA2 asap.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Really hoping this is a big week for all of us january filers! I know I am nearly at my breaking point with this process. But sadly there is nothing to do. I contacted my congressman back in June, and his office called and gave me the whole "your packet has been pulled out and given to an officer and you should hear in 30 days"… well that 30 days is up tomorrow. Frustrates me to see people getting their noa2s when they just filed in june. I will continue to pray that this nightmare is over for us all soon!

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys, I'm hitting 6 months in few days and I think it's time to write a letter to my senators. I remember someone put a sample letter in this thread, but I can't find it. I went through all 70 pages, and searched on Google as well, but can't find it. Anyone remember what page was it? I really appreciate it.

I know using a sample is faster but express yourself about how you feel.. That's what my fiancé did. He was very polite and formal and expressed his concern and desire to get married to me.. Reading the letter he had sent really brought tears to my eyes. I loved it..!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys, sorry for the delay in the checklist. I just got super busy at work and I don't want to half @$$ it. Work has got me running to different states this week. I have the checklist written on paper, but I just have to type it. Look forward to it this evening or tomorrow at latest.

Really hoping for you early filers to get your NOA2 asap.

I'm home sick, I can post my checklist since I gathered everything about a month ago, then we can compare to see why yours weighs so much :rofl:

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Guys I am usually quite upbeat, but I am drowning. Sent my package on jan15th and nothing yet. Super happy to see people update their respective timeline, but out of all honesty our time is way past due and I have nothing to update. ??????

don't lose hope!! most people are receiving approvals in the 180-190 day range. of course there are a few who get approvals before or after - but most are somewhere in the 180s. you have to be getting close!

K1 Visa

Texas Service Center

12.23.2013 I-129F Sent

01.02.2014 I-129F NOA1

07.07.2014 I-129F NOA2

09.24.2014 Interview

11.13.2014 Visa Issued

11.20.2014 POE Miami, Florida

11.23.2014 Civil Ceremony

AOS

01.12.2015 AOS package sent

01.16.2015 NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

02.06.2015 Case status change - RFE (I-485)

02.12.2015 Biometrics Appt

02.12.2015 Received I-485 RFE letter and sent requested info back to NBC

02.18.2015 Case status change - I-485 RFE information received by NBC

03.09.2015 EAD/AP Approved

03.16.2015 EAD/AP Card mailed

03.18.2015 EAD/AP Card Received

06.15.2015 I-485 Interview Waiver Letter received (dated 6.11.2015)

08.28.2015 I-485 Approved - Card in Production email received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am grateful my NOA2 came, but it also boggles my mind on why people who have NOA1's way before me aren't approved yet. I am just wondering.

My application was very simple, no RFE, no kids, no prev marriages, no address change, everything was very simple.

For the people who aren't approved, did you have any special conditions in your applications?

Timeline

Hmm, apparently I'm not allowed to upload word docs. Well, here's a long post of it! I added extra info because while some things don't apply to me, they might apply to you :idea:

TA-DA! A checklist of documents for the Petitioner to gather to send to the Beneficiary.

The Petitioner needs to mail these items to the Beneficiary if they aren’t going to the interview with them:

• A new letter of intent written within 30 days of the interview. I typed up a draft and put a reminder to update it when the interview is confirmed.
  • Form I-134, aside from the physical form:
    1. A letter from your bank, typed on official bank stationary or with the company letterhead. This letter needs:
      • The date your bank account was opened.
      • The total amount of money deposited in the account within the past year (i.e. if today is 7/22/14, ask the bank for total deposited between 7/22/13-7/22/14).
      • The current balance of all your accounts.
        • For me, this letter took 2 days to arrive in the mail.
    2. A letter from your employer on official company stationary or with the company letterhead. This letter needs:
      • The date you were hired, and your job title/what you do.
      • Your annual salary, plus any bonuses if applicable.
      • If your position is temporary or permanent.
        • My boss had me type mine up and he signed it.
    3. **This step only applies if you are self-employed, however I had to include the bolded item because the Montreal Consulate wants it for “Proof of Domicile”. It couldn’t hurt to have these handy anyway, you can never have too much proof of income!**
      • A copy of your last income tax return (I included two copies actually). I have copies of my W-2s, but I also went to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript. This is the official IRS website where you can get FREE copies of your Tax Transcript. Apparently W-2s are easy to manipulate but a Tax Transcript is an official document. You can print or have them mailed, I had mine mailed. It took 3 days to arrive.
      • Report of commercial rating concern”.
    4. A list containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s). I Included:
      • Savings bonds – I made copies of these and included the date purchased, the date of maturity, and the current worth of each bond.
      • Proof of 401K showing current amount.
      • Company stock options showing current investment amount. (This helps with proof of income too!)
  • Proof of the petitioner living in the United States/being a US citizen. I included:
    1. A copy of my lease (Mine is 20 pages, lucky for me they gave me 3 copies when I moved in. You might be able to request a copy from your landlord if your lease is huge and you don’t want to scan 20+ pages)
    2. Copies of my last two tax returns, included W-2s and Tax Transcripts.
    3. Scanned copy of my driver’s license.
    4. Scanned copy of birth certificate.
    5. Scanned copy of the biographical info in my passport, even though they should have a copy already (never hurts to be extra prepared!)
  • Proof of ongoing relationship between Petitioner and Beneficiary. I included:
    1. Copies of plane tickets (my fiancé visited 3 times since I filed).
    2. Copies of my credit card bill showing that I paid for those tickets.
    3. Text message logs dating back to the date I filed the petition. If you have Verizon these are available online but they only go back 4 months.
  • I DID NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS, BUT YOU SHOULD INCLUDE THESE IF YOU HAVE THEM.
    • Photos (we’re just not “picture people”).
    • Chat logs from Skype or whatever mode of communication is used (we just use video so I don’t have this available but I know lots of other people do). Get them starting from the date you filed the petition until present time.
    • Snail mail letters between the two of you, if you have them!
    • Engagement ring receipt – if available, optional: I would’ve included it but I’ll be present at the interview so they’ll see it.
    • Wedding plans (don’t have a date set in stone on this proof, just show the plans!). If you don’t have a set plan, just write up a draft of whatever you’re imagining for the wedding.
  • Apparently you should send an entire copy of the I-129F package with all the proof that you sent to USCIS to your fiancé(e), if you made a copy before you sent it. Don’t worry if you didn’t because the embassy will have it. I made copies but I’m not going to bother including them personally. If you have it, it couldn’t hurt to include it.
  • The following red text does not apply to me, but it might be good for your fiancé(e) to have these documents in case they are asked about these during the interview:
    1. If you were married, make copies of the divorce papers and include them!
    2. If you were ever convicted of a crime, include copies of the related paperwork (citations, court records, etc).
  • THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE INTERVIEW WITH YOUR FIANCE(E):
    1. I am bringing original documents of all the copies I made, EVERYTHING. All of it. ALL THE THINGS.
    2. I am keeping the original documents in a separate binder so I don’t accidentally hand them off with the copies. Sometimes the consular officer will request to see the original documents.

..aaand I included a picture of how much this stuff weighs, cause I'm a putz! It will be twice that amount with the original docs included :rofl:

post-177495-0-23922200-1406042921_thumb.jpg

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Timeline

It posted twice, no idea why...

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Filed: Timeline

Hmm, apparently I'm not allowed to upload word docs. Well, here's a long post of it! I added extra info because while some things don't apply to me, they might apply to you :idea:

Good lord!! thanks man. This is extremely useful, thanks for taking your time putting it together.

Timeline

Good lord!! thanks man. This is extremely useful, thanks for taking your time putting it together.

No problem, I already had the document so I could keep track of everything, I just added the bold text and commentary.

shootersix66 please post your checklist too!

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

TA-DA! A checklist of documents for the Petitioner to gather to send to the Beneficiary.

The Petitioner needs to mail these items to the Beneficiary if they aren’t going to the interview with them:

• A new letter of intent written within 30 days of the interview. I typed up a draft and put a reminder to update it when the interview is confirmed.
  • Form I-134, aside from the physical form:
    1. A letter from your bank, typed on official bank stationary or with the company letterhead. This letter needs:
      • The date your bank account was opened.
      • The total amount of money deposited in the account within the past year (i.e. if today is 7/22/14, ask the bank for total deposited between 7/22/13-7/22/14).
      • The current balance of all your accounts.
        • For me, this letter took 2 days to arrive in the mail.
    2. A letter from your employer on official company stationary or with the company letterhead. This letter needs:
      • The date you were hired, and your job title/what you do.
      • Your annual salary, plus any bonuses if applicable.
      • If your position is temporary or permanent.
        • My boss had me type mine up and he signed it.
    3. **This step only applies if you are self-employed, however I had to include the bolded item because the Montreal Consulate wants it for “Proof of Domicile”. It couldn’t hurt to have these handy anyway, you can never have too much proof of income!**
      • A copy of your last income tax return (I included two copies actually). I have copies of my W-2s, but I also went to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript. This is the official IRS website where you can get FREE copies of your Tax Transcript. Apparently W-2s are easy to manipulate but a Tax Transcript is an official document. You can print or have them mailed, I had mine mailed. It took 3 days to arrive.
      • Report of commercial rating concern”.
    4. A list containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s). I Included:
      • Savings bonds – I made copies of these and included the date purchased, the date of maturity, and the current worth of each bond.
      • Proof of 401K showing current amount.
      • Company stock options showing current investment amount. (This helps with proof of income too!)
  • Proof of the petitioner living in the United States/being a US citizen. I included:
    1. A copy of my lease (Mine is 20 pages, lucky for me they gave me 3 copies when I moved in. You might be able to request a copy from your landlord if your lease is huge and you don’t want to scan 20+ pages)
    2. Copies of my last two tax returns, included W-2s and Tax Transcripts.
    3. Scanned copy of my driver’s license.
    4. Scanned copy of birth certificate.
    5. Scanned copy of the biographical info in my passport, even though they should have a copy already (never hurts to be extra prepared!)
  • Proof of ongoing relationship between Petitioner and Beneficiary. I included:
    1. Copies of plane tickets (my fiancé visited 3 times since I filed).
    2. Copies of my credit card bill showing that I paid for those tickets.
    3. Text message logs dating back to the date I filed the petition. If you have Verizon these are available online but they only go back 4 months.
  • I DID NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS, BUT YOU SHOULD INCLUDE THESE IF YOU HAVE THEM.
    • Photos (we’re just not “picture people”).
    • Chat logs from Skype or whatever mode of communication is used (we just use video so I don’t have this available but I know lots of other people do). Get them starting from the date you filed the petition until present time.
    • Snail mail letters between the two of you, if you have them!
    • Engagement ring receipt – if available, optional: I would’ve included it but I’ll be present at the interview so they’ll see it.
    • Wedding plans (don’t have a date set in stone on this proof, just show the plans!). If you don’t have a set plan, just write up a draft of whatever you’re imagining for the wedding.
  • Apparently you should send an entire copy of the I-129F package with all the proof that you sent to USCIS to your fiancé(e), if you made a copy before you sent it. Don’t worry if you didn’t because the embassy will have it. I made copies but I’m not going to bother including them personally. If you have it, it couldn’t hurt to include it.
  • The following red text does not apply to me, but it might be good for your fiancé(e) to have these documents in case they are asked about these during the interview:
    1. If you were married, make copies of the divorce papers and include them!
    2. If you were ever convicted of a crime, include copies of the related paperwork (citations, court records, etc).
  • THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE INTERVIEW WITH YOUR FIANCE(E):
    1. I am bringing original documents of all the copies I made, EVERYTHING. All of it. ALL THE THINGS.
    2. I am keeping the original documents in a separate binder so I don’t accidentally hand them off with the copies. Sometimes the consular officer will request to see the original documents.

..aaand I included a picture of how much this stuff weighs, cause I'm a putz! It will be twice that amount with the original docs included :rofl:

Thank you for this! i just printed it off and added it to my giant pile of papers I am gathering in hopes that my noa2 arrives soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thank you for this! i just printed it off and added it to my giant pile of papers I am gathering in hopes that my noa2 arrives soon!

I need to give him proof that I'm a USC? shouldn't they already know that since I filed & it should be established when we *ever* get the noa2?

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Timeline

I need to give him proof that I'm a USC? shouldn't they already know that since I filed & it should be established when we *ever* get the noa2?

I made a comment somewhere about Montreal and Proof of Domicile, I should've extended it to this piece too. I think in most cases you don't have to do this.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.