mono24

denied past visas

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just started the process for the K1 visa TODAY. I have almost everything ready to send but I just had a question that I thought some of you might have experience with. My fiance was denied a work visa to the US in the past (5 years ago) Do you think that will affect our case now?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Timeline

No as long as he did not lie on the work visa application.

Yes if he lied on the application.

Thanks for your response!:) and no, he didnt lie anywhere in the application or the interview, but was just denied for an unknown reason.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Ever seen that new show on TLC "90 day fiancée?" well one of the women on there 1st tried for a work visa and got denied, then later on applied for a K1 visa and she got approved to come. So I don't think it matters.

I love that show. Especially the reaction Mike's friends have when they talk about her previously denied visa. They

make it sound like she killed someone.

4/12/13 - sent I-485 package

4/15/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

4/22/13 - got email and txt

4/29/13 - received NOA in mail

5/08/13 - received biometrics appointment for 5/22

5/09/13 - successful early walk in at Port Chester, NY office

5/22/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

6/18/13 - EAD went to production

6/21/13 - Card/Document Production for EAD - second email

6/24/13 - EAD mailed

6/26/13 - EAD arrived

7/18/13 - got email about interview

7/20/13 - got hard copy interview letter

08/23/13 - interview - Approved dancin5hr.gif(card production & decision email)

08/28/13 - card production - second email

08/29/13 - card mailed

09/03/13 - card arrived

*********************************************************************************

05/27/2016 - N-400 mailed

06/02/2016 - NOA date

06/24/2016 - biometrics appointment

11/28/2016 - interview scheduled for January 9th, 2017

01/09/2017 - interview passed

01/20/2017 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife was also denied a visa (2008, I believe). She is now in USA. It did take extra long at Embassy (3 AP's for background checks, etc.). But it was finally approved. They have to reconcile the coding in one of their big computer systems. Like previous responder, if you don't tell the truth, they will find out, and you will never be approved. So don't lie.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just started the process for the K1 visa TODAY. I have almost everything ready to send but I just had a question that I thought some of you might have experience with. My fiance was denied a work visa to the US in the past (5 years ago) Do you think that will affect our case now?

Thanks in advance!!!!

His past denial will not affect your petition for his K-1, provided it was non-prejudicial.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!!!!

You didn't mention the reason for the denial, which is important, especially if your fiance was denied more than once for any kind of visa, or was denied because he/she falls into one of the exclusion categories.

Filed: Timeline

You didn't mention the reason for the denial, which is important, especially if your fiance was denied more than once for any kind of visa, or was denied because he/she falls into one of the exclusion categories.

Those who are suggesting that a previous denial for work visa will not affect your K1 are absolutely wrong. There is no way for them to know the reason for that denial or whether there were other denials. Dig deeper and get your hands on that paperwork. It may be benign and it may not. You can't know unless you investigate it before filing. Or, you can choose to ignore it as some are suggesting and get through clean or get close. It's the getting close that can be a real bummer, especially if it is denied again for something that could have been prevented.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!!!!

No affect.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Of course it depends what the denial was for.

If it was for lack of ties to home country of something similar (which is denial by section 214b) then you will be fine.

But if it was denied for having a criminal background or other things of a serious nature then it may be best consulting a lawyer,

Timeline

Thanks for all of the input! He applied for the work visa when he was 17, (which was 8 years ago actually, not 5) it was a work program through his university, after the interview they just didnt think he was "mature" and ready enough, but didnt give any other reason such as paperwork, background etc.

Timeline

Thanks for all of the input! He applied for the work visa when he was 17, (which was 8 years ago actually, not 5) it was a work program through his university, after the interview they just didnt think he was "mature" and ready enough, but didnt give any other reason such as paperwork, background etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.