CjBryan19

February 2014 filers

2,016 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi All - Needing some support! Got our NOA1 on 19FEB2014 and then... nothing. It's been over 7 months now - I thought we'd have NOA2 by the summer? We're being processed in Texas. I've called twice and both times I've been told that Texas is behind and they haven't started approving any cases received after 02FEB2014, but I see a lot of people on here who are getting approvals after that time....? Is it a sign that something is going wrong?

This is torture.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Time to call your Congressman and have them open a case for you. I did that 2 weeks ago and was told recently that they are now working on April filers and mine was now with an adjudicator. Sometimes they just need a fire lit under their butts. If you don't want to call or write your Congressman, I would keep calling TSC and demand to speak with a T2 rep and have them open a service request for you. TSC is currently working on April and CSC is approving late July so there is absolutely no reason you should still be waiting. Good luck to you and I hope you receive good news soon.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I got the approval letter from the London embassy, so do I now just book the medical, then they book my interview?

What is a DS-160? Or a readiness form?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Called NVC today and was told I have to wait 4 to 5 weeks before calling.. It has only been one week and he refused to look up our case to see if it had arrived..

Do I keep trying and hope for a rep in a better mood?

Called today and was told it was received and mailed to the embassy yesterday !!

I'll give it a few days and see if they received it and try and schedule the interview.. Do you need to fill out and pay the

DS-160 before making the interview appointment??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Called today and was told it was received and mailed to the embassy yesterday !!

I'll give it a few days and see if they received it and try and schedule the interview.. Do you need to fill out and pay the

DS-160 before making the interview appointment??

Yes, you fill out the DS-160 before the interview. Dublin required the beneficiary to send a copy of the DS-160 confirmation page to the embassy to have and interview scheduled, but it could be different at your embassy. There is no fee for the DS-160.

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, you fill out the DS-160 before the interview. Dublin required the beneficiary to send a copy of the DS-160 confirmation page to the embassy to have and interview scheduled, but it could be different at your embassy. There is no fee for the DS-160.

That's good info, hope you can answer the below also

On Monday it showed "case ready" at New Delhi, so as everyone suggested, we finally yesterday submitted the DS-160 online. I the petitioner hasn't received the letter from NVC yet saying that case has gone to New Delhi, but of course after calling they told me and gave me the case and invoice id number. I would like to know where do we use the invoice ID number. I did see the requirement on the DS-160.

1. So can we schedule an interview date now even though I have no paperwork except the NOA 2 and NOA 1?

2. She hasn't received anything from the embassy yet, I know she needs the "packet" to get the PCC. They wont let her get it without a hard letter

3. I see that a payment is due, once the DS-160, should we pay it now, or wait and please advise where to pay it.

4. I am not sure if I have missed something, but please advise if I did.

Thanks in advance.

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Timeline

On Monday it showed "case ready" at New Delhi, so as everyone suggested, we finally yesterday submitted the DS-160 online. I the petitioner hasn't received the letter from NVC yet saying that case has gone to New Delhi, but of course after calling they told me and gave me the case and invoice id number. I would like to know where do we use the invoice ID number. I did see the requirement on the DS-160.

1. So can we schedule an interview date now even though I have no paperwork except the NOA 2 and NOA 1?

2. She hasn't received anything from the embassy yet, I know she needs the "packet" to get the PCC. They wont let her get it without a hard letter

3. I see that a payment is due, once the DS-160, should we pay it now, or wait and please advise where to pay it.

Thanks in advance.

Another thing, if case shows ready, does it mean that the consulate has received our case?

rCHNm4.png

LONG ### WAIT!

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

hello.

We filed late feb, around 20th ish, and we've heard nothing from them yet ;/ no NOA 2. Only time we heard something was, when my fiance called a month ago to hear why we hadnt recieved anything yet, and we found out that they had apparently taken my adress for not being a real/wrong one. ( even though it turned out to be quite real ) After the problem was adressed and fixed, we've heard nothing...

its been 7 months starting on 8th now. Should i be worried?

Timeline

You can use the case # they give you to track it with CEAC. But you already know that, as you've noted it states "case ready." That is all we used our case number for.

Basically, "Packet 4" is the letter containing your interview date and you receive it after you return "packet 3" (i.e. the DS-160 confirmation page and list of addresses). Some embassies schedule the interviews differently, so this is only how it worked it Dublin. You should receive your consulate-specific info in the "packet 3" when you receive it.

I don't know what PCC is, but I do know my fiance never received the packet 3. I was emailed to me, I forwarded it to him, he submitted his info and they sent him packet 4 (his interview date) in the mail. Once again, this is consulate specific for Dublin. It is likely the process is done differently in New Delhi. I found info on the packet 3 for New Delhi on their website, so maybe you'll find this link helpful: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/ivpacket309k1.html

I can tell you that my fiance was required to bring a bank draft on the day of his interview and there was no option to pay in advance. This may be different in New Delhi, but based on the PAcket 3 info in the link I provided, it sounds like you pay it at the interview. I recommend emailing/calling the embassy to clarify regarding this info. We found having a bank draft in dollars and paying at the interview to be easier, anyway.

Thanks in advance.

i don't think you have, but if you have any other questions, I'll help you as best I can! Hope this helped! :)

Another thing, if case shows ready, does it mean that the consulate has received our case?

Yes, if it is no longer listed as "in transit," it means the embassy has received your case and you should receive packet 3 shortly.

*see responses in red :)

I am the petitioner.

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/29/14 - NVC Left

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Timeline

Also, note that the link I provided to the New Delhi Packet 3 info is dated and refers to a "DS-230." This is now the DS-160, so don't get confused by that! :)

Here is another link with more updated info regarding the interview process in New Delhi. This may be more helpful: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/india/521916/K1%20pkt%20info/K1%20pkt%204%20July.pdf

Edited by caiti92

I am the petitioner.

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/29/14 - NVC Left

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

NOA1 Feb 04,2014

Approval : sep 19,

total approx 226 days. it appears if you count the date of NOA1 to approval tyoyu

Texas service center

Now routed for admin processing.

name might show up on the false hit list due to a driving violation 15 years ago, which should get cleared

anyone knows how long they take to process and clear this

Timeline

*see responses in red :)

snapback.png

You can use the case # they give you to track it with CEAC. But you already know that, as you've noted it states "case ready." That is all we used our case number for.

Thanks that clears that.

Basically, "Packet 4" is the letter containing your interview date and you receive it after you return "packet 3" (i.e. the DS-160 confirmation page and list of addresses). Some embassies schedule the interviews differently, so this is only how it worked it Dublin. You should receive your consulate-specific info in the "packet 3" when you receive it.

Can you clarify what it means by returning "Packet 3". We have the DS-160 confirmation page, what does list of addresses mean here. The link you send in your second reply has steps 1 - 5 to complete prior to scheduling an interview.

I don't know what PCC is, but I do know my fiance never received the packet 3. I was emailed to me, I forwarded it to him, he submitted his info and they sent him packet 4 (his interview date) in the mail. Once again, this is consulate specific for Dublin. It is likely the process is done differently in New Delhi. I found info on the packet 3 for New Delhi on their website, so maybe you'll find this link helpful: http://newdelhi.usem...acket309k1.html

What is the packet 3? Is this a letter my fiancé (the one living in india) would receive that would have a checklist of things to email or mail to the embassy? Am I correct?

PCC is the police certificate. If packet 3 is what I mentioned above, what is packet 4 then? the link you have for packet 3 is for immigrant visa and I thought the K visa is considered a non immigrant visa

I can tell you that my fiance was required to bring a bank draft on the day of his interview and there was no option to pay in advance. This may be different in New Delhi, but based on the PAcket 3 info in the link I provided, it sounds like you pay it at the interview. I recommend emailing/calling the embassy to clarify regarding this info. We found having a bank draft in dollars and paying at the interview to be easier, anyway.

Will call the embassy and confirm. They are closed till this sunday.

Thanks in advance.

i don't think you have, but if you have any other questions, I'll help you as best I can! Hope this helped! :)

Thank you, you sure have and seems you continue to. Thanks

Yes, if it is no longer listed as "in transit," it means the embassy has received your case and you should receive packet 3 shortly.

rCHNm4.png

LONG ### WAIT!

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Timeline

Can you clarify what it means by returning "Packet 3". We have the DS-160 confirmation page, what does list of addresses mean here. The link you send in your second reply has steps 1 - 5 to complete prior to scheduling an interview.

"Packet 3" is the info the embassy sends you once they receive your case. You may not have to return the list of addresses to New Delhi, as that was something we had to return for Dublin. Like I said, the consulate process varies depending upon locality. In our experience, the beneficiary did not receive this packet. It was sent to me (the USC) and I forwarded the info to him to gather the documents, etc. It seems, however, the process is very different for your consulate, so I would refer to the second link I provided you with for the info. You will probably receive this info shortly, anyway.

What is the packet 3? Is this a letter my fiancé (the one living in india) would receive that would have a checklist of things to email or mail to the embassy? Am I correct?

In our case, the USC received the packet 3 info. This could be different for you. Either way, one of you will receive it shortly. And you are correct, it is a checklist and instructions. Your response to packet 3 is essentially letting the embassy know that you have attained all required documents and are ready to present them at your interview. Most have to reply to packet 3 in order to receive packet 4, which would then involve the scheduling of your interview. Once again, I would refer to the second link I sent you, which describes this process very differently and probably more accurately, as it was updated in July of this year. It appears, however, packet 4 will probably consist on a letter instructing you to schedule your interview on the ustraveldocs website. The instructions state you cannot do this until the letter is received. I don't know if this is the same letter you will use to acquire the PCC or another letter that will come later on. Maybe the embassy can clarify this info, but you will most likely find out shortly when you receive your instructions.

PCC is the police certificate. If packet 3 is what I mentioned above, what is packet 4 then? the link you have for packet 3 is for immigrant visa and I thought the K visa is considered a non immigrant visa.

I think the first link it very outdated, which is sad considering it's straight from the embassy's webpage. Haha. But just refer to the second link. It is a nonimmigrant visa.

Will call the embassy and confirm. They are closed till this sunday.

Also, remember you will most likely receive more info regarding payment when your packet 3 arrives. Whenever we had questions we just contacted the embassy in Dublin and they got back to us quickly, so we found that the easiest way. I don't know what it's like contacting the New Delhi consulate, but I'm sure they can provide you easily with the info you need. Based on the info in the second link, however, it looks like you pay on the ustraveldocs website BEFORE the interview. The instructions specifically state to complete steps 1 - 5 before scheduling the interview, and step 5 is payment of the fee.

PS: After reading the second link with K visa info, it appears the process in New Delhi is much different from the others, so you can probably ignore a lot the info I've provided about Packet 3 and 4 and having your interview schedules. You will NOT mail out a copy of the DS-160 confirmation, your fiancee will simply bring it to her biometrics appointment and to her interview. The embassy does not schedule your appointment, your fiance will schedule both the biometrics appointment and interview on the ustraveldocs website (the same place you will pay the visa fee). The embassy will still send your or her the packet 3, and this is what she will use to obtain the PCC.

What I'd say you should probably do at the moment is go ahead and make a ustraveldocs account if you haven't already and pay the fee. This is all from the second link I sent you. If you don't find that link reliable, then simply wait until you receive your packet 3 info from the consulate.

I am the petitioner.

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/29/14 - NVC Left

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Good morning! Johan's family arrived from South Africa yesterday for our wedding on Saturday! :D What a great day it was to finally meet my future (current!) family. :)

Abby, I know the countdown is on for you! By the time I wake up on Saturday, you and Andre will be married. <3 When do you leave for the beach?!

Congrats to all the recent NOA2s and approvals! Our group kicks a$$. ;)

Tina

Edited by Tina and Johan

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.