40 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

dn't knw wht happening with NVC now a days !!!!!!!!oops8rh.gifoops8rh.gif

it has been 8 weeks and still we dnt get our NVC case#

is there any one who is suffering from the same situation ????

everyday i called them and they replied we dont have your case, send us a research mail to our E-mail address for inquiry !!!!!

what the heck cray5ol.gif my case is not transferred yet ???? it has been 56 days from the approval

please reply

is this normal or i have to do some thing to find out where is my case

You are talking to the wrong people. If your petition hasn't arrived that isn't NVC fault. You need to be calling USCIS and ask them this

"When did my petition physically leave the _______ Service center".

Be sure you ask for Tier 2 Supervisor to ask this not the operators answering the phone.

Until your petition arrives at NVC they can't help you. Call tomorrow (USCIS) first thing.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry to hear that.

ur petition might still be at service center or shipped very late to NVC

call USCIS and get a conformation and when it was shipped.

and the it normally take 2 week for NVC to receive and another 20days for case number

USCIS
04/19/13 NOA1 Priority Date
12/12/13 info pass at local office told me file was transferred on 5th DEC
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
01/03/14 NVC Received Case
01/28/14 NVC Assigned Case Number and IIN
02/05/14 DS-261 Available and completed
02/06/14 Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee
02/06/14 AOS bill invoice available and paid
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/12/14 IV bill invoice available and paid
03/12/14 Pacakge IV mailed
03/15/14 DS-260 Available and completed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/05/14 Fingerprinting & Photo
05/06/14 Interview

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

hello frds !!! i am in trouble dnt knw how to start

from starting we got approval on 16th December,2013 with a notice from USCIS.after that no responce frm nvc about our case acceptance

we called nvc many times they said u r case is nt in our sysytem yet or when they recvied !!!!

its been 2 mnths and still my case is nt in their system as of today my case is nt in to thei sysytem

we did an email to nvc about it n they relied USCIS forwarded u r case to nvc

nw wht to do???? the operator said just wait n waiting time is nt fix

even suggest tht dont do an email to nvc research just wait....

can any one help me here :( :(

please every type of help would be appreciated :)

Timeline

Was your case approved by a local field office? If yes, they might still have the file. My case was approved by local field office and they took almost 3 months to get my file to NVC. You should call USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2 officer. Explain the officer your case has not been received by NVC and most likely the officer will open a ticket to contact the local field office about the file. Also ask the officer did they ship out the file yet, if you get a good officer he will look into that. If nothing helps, contact your local congressman or senator ask them to follow up on your behalf.

Edited by L and A

Timeline

Yah my file was at field Office n approved by them

Bt we did an email to nvc to research n they contacted USCIS on behalf of us n replied tht they already forwarded our case to nvc.

Timeline

Yah my file was at field Office n approved by them

Bt we did an email to nvc to research n they contacted USCIS on behalf of us n replied tht they already forwarded our case to nvc.

When did the NVC research team tell you it was forwarded to them? The day USCIS shipped my file to NVC it took them a week to receive it.

Timeline

I think it should get there by end of the week if they told you on Thursday. I believe you should contact your local senator or congressman to have them verify your file location also since it won't hurt. If you contact them today, they should get you an accurate answer in about 48 hours in most cases.

Edited by L and A

Timeline

Yeah frd we already contacted our senator n one of the lady frm there gave us a form privactly act form to fill out. Nw its been one week we r waiting for her response hope fully today we will get it

Timeline

Yeah frd we already contacted our senator n one of the lady frm there gave us a form privactly act form to fill out. Nw its been one week we r waiting for her response hope fully today we will get it

Call up the Senator's office to ask if they found out anything. I had to call my Senators office all the time and they always had an answers within 48 hours. Keep pushing them. I know how it feels since I waited 3 months for my file to reach NVC. Feel free to contact me anytime if you need more help, Good Luck.

Timeline

Yeah sure thnak you for the help n yeh i will call

Today ...btw can u tell me how much time it would take in to ur case to got case number till visa ???

Once NVC receives your file they usually say wait 20 business day for case number. It took me 13 business days to get my case number. NVC received my case in Nov and my case completed with them on February 12th. It took me over 2 months and now im waiting for an interview date. I would say once cased received it takes about 3 to 4 months till visa.

Edited by L and A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.