DeniseD

BIG CHANGE IN MY LIFE!!! NOTHING I EXPECTED!

79 posts in this topic

So, I haven't been on here for A LONG TIME.. and in the time that I have been MIA things have happened.

First of all, after being on AP for quite sometime, I unfortunately found things out about my now EX fiance. It has been a hard situation for me to recover. Secondly, I grew out of love for him and no longer wish to be with him. October was the last time I ever contacted the embassy along with the senators help but nothing was solved and no answer was given as to why we were on AP(FYI, I broke the relationship off in August 2013). I thought to maybe do the favor of finishing up with this process and maybe if he would get to the US, fix us up. Nope, that couldn't be done b/c of his actions, so I never thought to follow through with CEAC website or call the embassy/NVC or even log on to VJ.

I went back to DR in December, to have a nice time by myself and with my dear family and friends. I saw my "ex-fiance", after all the nonsense that he spoke about me, I went to collect a few documents that he had of mine, and took advantage of the fact that I was there in his house to confront him about everything he said and done. I concluded that I would be making the biggest mistake if I bring him over to the US. I decided that I didn't want to go through this process any longer, but before I told him the desicion I had made, I sent an email to the embassy asking what was the status of our case being that it was exactly 8 months on AP. The next day early in the morning, I received an email from the embassy stating that they were pleased to inform me that the AP has been concluded and that they would need for him to resubmit his medicals in order to issue his visa. Confused, with mixed emotions, I told my ex-fiance this information, still thinking that it might have been the right decision. That same week he went and did his medicals. Well, that was mid January, he received a call from the embassy today and was told to take his passport back to the embassy so they can issue his visa.

Guys, I don't want to go through this, but he called me crying today, his family and friends are telling me that he loves me that he has changed so much that even if I don't want to bring him to the US, not to leave him etc.... This is a very hard situation for me. I took the time to write what happened during the time I didn't log on VJ to kind of update you guys who are my friends on what has been going on. (I apologize for the long story)

My question is; If he comes to the US, and I do not marry him, he will obviously be here illegally. Is that going to affect me in any way? Thank guys. Fast response would be greatly appreciated.

USCIS
06/15/2012- Sent 129-F
06/18/2012- 129-F Application Received at Texas Lockbox
06/21/2012- Email and Text of NOA1
06/25/2012- Hardcopy I-797 received (Vermont it is)
02/08/2013- RFE sad.png
02/25/2013- RFE Received
03/25/2013- NOA 2 (Finally)
04/08/2013- CASE # Assigned and sent to Consulate
05/16/2013- Interview- Approved!!!!!

Broke off relationship sometime late 2013

Placed on AP for 10 months and then withdrew the petition 02/2014….

Living my life day by day….no stress smile.png

Are you saying that he will be coming to the USA even though you have told him you will not marry him? Where is he intending to live if he comes to the USA?

If he does not marry you within 90 days of his entry, he will be out of status and need to leave the USA. He won't be able to adjust his status or stay in any other way. Your responsibility in terms of the I-134 will end with the 90 days.

You should clearly tell him in no uncertain terms that you no longer wish to have a relationship with him. Did you try and contact the embassy to request that they do not put the visa in his passport, or is it already done?

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

I know he will be here illegally, but I don't know if this will affect me. No I haven't contacted the embassy, I have mixed feeling about all this :(

USCIS
06/15/2012- Sent 129-F
02/08/2013- RFE sad.png
02/25/2013- RFE Received

Mixed feelings about what part? Him being there illegally will have no effect on you. You are on the hook for the I-134, but that'll expire when his I-94 does (90 days after he enters).

If you don't want to marry him and you've been 100% clear to him about this, he shouldn't want to come to the USA anymore to be with you. Make sure you are clear with him. After that, if he wants to be an illegal immigrant, well, that's his problem not yours, but why would you think he would do that?

After everything, I don't trust his words. Maybe he is desperate enough to cry to me and try to convince me to let him come to be with me. However, I think it's best if I contact embassy just in case.

Now, about the I-134, at the time of interview, they never collected that form from me. They never even asked for it.

USCIS
06/15/2012- Sent 129-F
02/08/2013- RFE sad.png
02/25/2013- RFE Received

Now, about the I-134, at the time of interview, they never collected that form from me. They never even asked for it.

You, or your joint sponsor, must have provided an I-134. If you used a joint sponsor, then they are responsible as per the terms of that form until I-94 expiry. If you didn't do it yourself, then you are not responsible for anything.

Edited by lost_at_sea

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

I know he will be here illegally, but I don't know if this will affect me. No I haven't contacted the embassy, I have mixed feeling about all this sad.png

I dont know the EXACT procedure for this but remember YOU were the one who singed all the paperwork petitioning him because you wanted to marry him, you must have presented a paper that stated that you were financially responsible for him... remember you filed the f-129 because you INTENDED TO MARRY HIM, if this has changed i would notify the authorities since it might be considered illegal for him to enter the united states with that visa if he doesnt intend to marry you...

April 19, 2014 - Wedding Date =)

AOS JOURNEY:

Date filed: May 5, 2014

NOA 1 texts: June 8, 2014

NOA Date: June 11, 2014

Bio (walk in) Appt: June 17, 2014

Well if u don't want to marry him then don't go through with the process because it defeats the whole purpose of a k1 visa. If u don't qant to be responsible then nows ur chance to cut it loose. I believe the affadavit of support kicks in at time of adjustment of status.

Well if u don't want to marry him then don't go through with the process because it defeats the whole purpose of a k1 visa. If u don't qant to be responsible then nows ur chance to cut it loose. I believe the affadavit of support kicks in at time of adjustment of status.

A different affidavit of support would come in to force - the I-864 - as part of the adjustment of status package. But if they do not marry, then he has no way to adjust his status, and will not have this form in place.

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

A different affidavit of support would come in to force - the I-864 - as part of the adjustment of status package. But if they do not marry, then he has no way to adjust his status, and will not have this form in place.

I agree.

But again...they never collected the I-134. I know of some members here where they did not ask for that form either. I am not sure why, but the only thing that I have in writing is the intention to marry. Now lets that he comes here, and I do not marry him, how can I be penalized when I can say that he lied to me. It does happen to other people that bring their fiances, and their relationship did not go well after coming to the US and before the 90 days.

USCIS
06/15/2012- Sent 129-F
02/08/2013- RFE sad.png
02/25/2013- RFE Received

You really need to put everything in perspective, forget about all of the crocodile tears he sheds an all of his family and friends vouching for him.

You need to look aand really look within your heart and soul if bringing him here is the best thing for you. remember that people will do anything to gain their

objective of obtaining a visa and residency dont let anyone mislead you. You may be responsible for him as far as financially, I could be wrong but it's a question

you may need to have anwered by a Lawyer so that you won' t fall inbetween any cracks. After all You are the Petioner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.