2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Taries submit.form.l360 and l765, You have to submit copy of previous EAD, 2 passport pictures ,copy of your passport and l94.If you are renewing your EAD there is no fees.You can submit form l864W as well since you have a pending l485.

Thanks SandraJ

When you say a copy of my previous EAD - do you mean just a photocopy of the front and back?

I also don't have an I-94, never got one a few years ago when I came.

And finally - What purpose does the I-864W serve?

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

TARIESL the I-864 is required to show the alien have means of financial support and the alien will not become a public charge,but Vawa filers are exempt to from the I-864 requirement, then you have to file the affidavit of support exemption (I-864W).

Yep copy of your EAD(front and back), and proof that yoU have a pending I-485(submit copy of your I-797)

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

faith 38 you have to take with you all original documents such as your birth certificate,marriage certificate, divorce decree if you have, previous divorce decree if you have , children birth certificate if you have kids.,and documents to show bonafide marriage.Most officer do not ask for that,but some ask then take with you, no need to take anything regarding the abuse ok.

If you were arrested or have ANY restraining order against you then you must get COURT CERTIFIED DEPOSITION.If the restraining order was dismissed get a certified copy of the court docket showing the deposition was dismissed as well.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am in California , went to interview today and my case was approved

He asked yes no question on the form , asked if I am I working right now, all the taxes return, medical exam , I 864w , did not ask anything about abuse or my marriage .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everybody. Didn't post for a while, congrats to all new approvals and GC. I have an update. My VAWA was approved in March 2014. I filed for i-485 even my priority date was not current. Last time i had info pass, lady told me my case was transferred to local office. I thought they will put me on hold or i will have interview and than will wait for the PD to become current like lots of people I've met had. But yesterday i got the text that they updated my case. I went online. I got denied. No interview. I don't know the reason yet, waiting for the mail. Feel very upset.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sandra ,First of all, I want to say thank you so much to you, You are amazing person . And I know God gave me you . With all your advices and your help ,my case has been approved and the officer said I will get my card in 2 weeks

I went to the interview this morning , he was so nice . He asked , am I working right now ? He asked for my tax return , I showed him all the tax return since 2011. Although I worked without permit in 2 year 2011 to 2013. He asked about my address because I moved to many time . But i did not remember the first address where i stayed when i first came to us , then he told me just give him a cross street if i can .He asked which airport I arrived for the first I came to us . Then yes no question . I told him I had aressted and gave him my disposition of my dismissal , asked for medical exam , form 864w , the copy of divoice .did not ask anything about my abuse or my ex husband . I brought all the evidence of our marriage but he did not ask for. Then he said all good and congratulation u get approve . He took my i94 and told me to destroy my work permit and gave me a letter that said my case was approved . He copied all my tax return , ID, passport, work permit . Thanks god , now is waiting for my card :)

Congratulations to you Cotrang10. Now comes the easy waiting.

I am in California , went to interview today and my case was approved
He asked yes no question on the form , asked if I am I working right now, all the taxes return, medical exam , I 864w , did not ask anything about abuse or my marriage .

Elada, your I-485 was likely denied because you filed it before your priority date became current. The law is very clear that you cannot do this.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.