2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thank you Sandra a lot for your answer.

I did not call Vermont Service Center as I got the prima facie extension today after almost 2 months waitig.

PLEASE one more question!!! Any idea why the prima facie extension was issued only for 2 months? That is my third prima facie and the previous two were issued for 6 months each.

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi Sandra and everyone on this forum. I have not visited this site in a while. Congrats on new approvals and green cards!

Sandra, my I-360 was approved in October 2013. I filed I-485 on November 15, 2013. Since then it has been sitting in VSC. I called and contacted Ombudsman but they say it is still within processing time. Is it normal for I-485 just to sit at VSC for 6 months now? I would very much appreciate your response.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Iank are you sure your case is in Vermont? keep in mind many case reached the NBC and the aliens did not get any information about it. You case probably is at the NBC. Usually they take 2/4months to transfer to the NBC.If NBC does not have to send an RFE and the fingerprints are valid, the application is shipped to the Field Office in 30 days.

Here is what Vawa Unit published:

What could attorneys do to bring long-pending cases to the attention of the NBC?
Response: If the I-360 and the I-485 are filed concurrently at the Vermont Service Center,
attorneys should confirm that the I-360 application has been approved, which is documented by
an I-797 approval notice, and that the I-485 application has been sent to the NBC, which is
documented by an I-797 transfer notice. If the attorney has not received a transfer notice, the file
remains at the VSC and attorneys should contact the VSC (VSC is Vermont field)

Processing time is around 6/8 months from receipt of cases at NBC

Timeline

If anyone here moved to a different place and your case is still in Vermont, then submit a notarized letter to Vermont regarding the change of address, but if your case was approved and shipped to the NBC then send a notarized letter to USCIS, National Benefits Center P.O. Box 648006 -Lee’s Summit, MO 64002. Do not file AR 11 online, because they are not considering anymore(for vawa filers),it must be a written request.(notarized)

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Iank are you sure your case is in Vermont? keep in mind many case reached the NBC and the aliens did not get any information about it. You case probably is at the NBC. Usually they take 2/4months to transfer to the NBC.If NBC does not have to send an RFE and the fingerprints are valid, the application is shipped to the Field Office in 30 days.

Here is what Vawa Unit published:

What could attorneys do to bring long-pending cases to the attention of the NBC?
Response: If the I-360 and the I-485 are filed concurrently at the Vermont Service Center,
attorneys should confirm that the I-360 application has been approved, which is documented by
an I-797 approval notice, and that the I-485 application has been sent to the NBC, which is
documented by an I-797 transfer notice. If the attorney has not received a transfer notice, the file
remains at the VSC and attorneys should contact the VSC (VSC is Vermont field)

Processing time is around 6/8 months from receipt of cases at NBC

I called a general number about two weeks ago and they transferred me to the immigration officer, actually I got a call back because there was a long waiting time. That's what that immigration officer told me, that it's still in Vermont. I really hope it it was a mistake and that my case was transferred to NBC. Thank you Sandra for your response. Will call them again.

Timeline

ana stas yep you have to ask to renew, but are you receiving any public benefit such as food stamp and/or medicaid? because prima facie is just for that, to receive public benefits, nothing else

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks Sandra, omg that takes you so much time to answer all our questions, God bless you.

No I don't receive any public benefit, but I was sure if I don't request an extension it would take them forever to take my case from their shelf and adjusticate it. The congressman's representative told me it is under security check and there is no timeline for that. That it can take 2 weeks or 2 years. Is it correct information? Why does it take days for some people to get fbi clearence and ao much time for others?

Timeline

Ana stas if you don't use public benefits no need to apply for prima facie ,applying to get prima facie makes no difference in touching a case. FBI checks worldwide the aliens name, and sometimes they find people with criminal record and same name, and then it may take a while until they are sure you are not the person listed in the criminal record.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, so I had been doing reading and saw that a "medical" needs to go with AOS form I-693 right?

How does that work, how do you go about doing that. If any one that has done it can let me know how you did yours and all that was involved, thanks. Oh and how much is it do get it done?

Timeline

caruguy you don't have to submit the medical exam now, the medical is valid for one year, in case your case take longer than one year the medical exam will expire,. They were considering before the medical exam until the adjudication date,not anymore. They will send you.an RFE later on asking the medical exam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.