imse 82

Do I qualify for expedite under financial loss?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Intrigued.

I told him what to do.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Im wondering the same thing. I have paperwork coming for a request to expedite. I called and spoke to Tier 2. I need him to come here and be employed while I am on maternity leave or I will have no income. My pregnancy is quite high risk. Also, the fact that people can't mind their own business and are telling his boss that he is married to a USC. That doesn't fly very well over there, plenty have gotten fired for the same reason. So we're just counting the days before that happens, then he has nothing. I have plenty of money while I work, and hopefully enough to save for leave...but I def can't support him and his house also if he does get fired. This whole thing pretty much sucks, and good chances are the request will be denied, but like everyone said, it doesn't hurt to try, it doesn't cost a penny....so heck yes...I say do it.

USCIS:

I-130 RECEIVED: 8/2/13

I-129f RECEIVED: 8/21/13

I-130 & I-129f: TRANSFERRED TO CSC 2/7/14

I-130 & I-129f: APPROVED 2/20/14

NVC:

3/4/14: NVC Case Received

3/7/14: Email that case number and IIN assigned, DS 261 and AOS fee available to pay

3/14/14: JUST seen the email because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Paid AOS FEE & filed ds 261

3/21/14: AOS paid, cover sheet printed

4/28/14: AOS sent

4/28/14: IV paid

5/5/14: IV submitted

in the process of sending civil docs for IV package...thennnnnn...dun dun...NOOOO checklist i hope! lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Most people call and then fax documents.

Just wondering what documents you have to support unavailability of child care?

Unavailability of childcare will not be exactly why I need to request expedite. There is more to it in my opinion than just putting the child in daycare. So I'm not going to provide any documentation for this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im wondering the same thing. I have paperwork coming for a request to expedite. I called and spoke to Tier 2. I need him to come here and be employed while I am on maternity leave or I will have no income. My pregnancy is quite high risk. Also, the fact that people can't mind their own business and are telling his boss that he is married to a USC. That doesn't fly very well over there, plenty have gotten fired for the same reason. So we're just counting the days before that happens, then he has nothing. I have plenty of money while I work, and hopefully enough to save for leave...but I def can't support him and his house also if he does get fired. This whole thing pretty much sucks, and good chances are the request will be denied, but like everyone said, it doesn't hurt to try, it doesn't cost a penny....so heck yes...I say do it.

If your pregnancy is high risk, you can also request for expedite for medical reasons.

Good luck!

Edited by Amman1992

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Unavailability of childcare will not be exactly why I need to request expedite. There is more to it in my opinion than just putting the child in daycare. So I'm not going to provide any documentation for this.

We actually requested an expedite US side for something a bit more drastic than your situation when the local field office eventually got around to looking at it (after we already had a CR-1 visa through getting DCF), they requested a ton more evidence, even though I had submitted a lot already. What they really want is concrete proof of things:

doctor's notes with diagnoses and why this is impacting your life or why your wife needs to be here ASAP

Child psychologist reports about the state of your child and why all those hours in childcare might be bad for them

Letters from nannies or other such people stating they won't work those hours and what their going rate would be to do so (and financial statements from you proving you can't afford it)

A letter from your university detailing your situation

A notarized letter from your ex-wife stating she won't care for the child and won't let the child leave the country

Maybe, if you get almost all of that...

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Timeline

Pregnancies even C-sec or high risks R never granted expedites

USCIS states if so they have to grant all pregnant ppl the same right.

and pregnancies are a normal thing in life even with risks.

Any form of expedites has to have strong proofs and even in medical

situations ppl have been turned down

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Might as well try.

Here's an example: A few years ago my wife received her interview date at the Moscow embassy. The date was six weeks out and was going to conflict with a work obligation (or something like that). I came to this site and asked people if there was any possibility of moving the interview up to avoid this conflict and the overwhelming majority responded that it absolutely wasn't possible. We sent an email to the embassy anyway, and lo and behold, the embassy moved her interview date up four weeks.

My point here is that folks on VJ said it wasn't possible and they were incorrect. You never know until you try...perhaps you will be the exception.

Note: Two other couples I know did the same thing as we...and were granted earlier interviews.

Timeline

Might as well try.

Here's an example: A few years ago my wife received her interview date at the Moscow embassy. The date was six weeks out and was going to conflict with a work obligation (or something like that). I came to this site and asked people if there was any possibility of moving the interview up to avoid this conflict and the overwhelming majority responded that it absolutely wasn't possible. We sent an email to the embassy anyway, and lo and behold, the embassy moved her interview date up four weeks.

My point here is that folks on VJ said it wasn't possible and they were incorrect. You never know until you try...perhaps you will be the exception.

Note: Two other couples I know did the same thing as we...and were granted earlier interviews.

I would not have, I would say that there is a risk in rescheduling because I have seen it screwed up so many times. But if you really have no option then do it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Pregnancies even C-sec or high risks R never granted expedites

USCIS states if so they have to grant all pregnant ppl the same right.

and pregnancies are a normal thing in life even with risks.

Any form of expedites has to have strong proofs and even in medical

situations ppl have been turned down

Ive heard of plenty...on this site alone amongst others. But like I said...free..no risk. And the pregnancy is not the only reason I am giving. Also financial on his end and mine. And the more days go by the more questions he gets at work im sure the closer he is to getting fired. Its so ridiculous.

USCIS:

I-130 RECEIVED: 8/2/13

I-129f RECEIVED: 8/21/13

I-130 & I-129f: TRANSFERRED TO CSC 2/7/14

I-130 & I-129f: APPROVED 2/20/14

NVC:

3/4/14: NVC Case Received

3/7/14: Email that case number and IIN assigned, DS 261 and AOS fee available to pay

3/14/14: JUST seen the email because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Paid AOS FEE & filed ds 261

3/21/14: AOS paid, cover sheet printed

4/28/14: AOS sent

4/28/14: IV paid

5/5/14: IV submitted

in the process of sending civil docs for IV package...thennnnnn...dun dun...NOOOO checklist i hope! lol

Timeline

There have been quite a few discussion on this subject on I2US.

The Lawyers there do not like people having a go on the basis it slows up everybody.

I think it is unrealistic for individuals to think like that no matter how remote the chance is.

There was a comment that due to the increased numbers of Expedites being sought, they are being considered less generously.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Update- expedite request was denied.

I could be wrong, but I thought your fiancee was from Jordan.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

I assume he set the flag incorrectly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I assume he set the flag incorrectly.

On his timeline, the consulate says Armenia.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.