31 posts in this topic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi

Has anybody looked into this as an option to speed up the K1 visa process?

And if so, any idea how much.

We just received our cellphone bill......$600 AND we've seen each other eavery 2 or 3 weeks!!!!!

Thanks

Paul

As far as I know Premium Processing is only an option for certain employers - not for K1 Visa - I looked into this as well.

My highest cell bill was over $1000 - oops! Gotta watch out for the phone bills! Good evidence though :D

September 12th, 2006 - Sent in I29F to California Service Center

September 23rd, 2006 - NOA1 Received

December 6th, 2006 - NOA2 Online - APPROVED

January 31st @ 7:30 AM - Interview APPROVED

June 7th, 2007 - Sent in AOS, EAD, and AP Applications

June 15th, 2007 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

July 14th, 2007 - Biometrics Apointment

August 17th, 2007 - EAD and AP APPROVED

September 18th, 2007 @ 9:03AM - AOS Interview APPROVED

July 29th, 2009 - Sent in I-751 -Lifting of Conditions

July 31st, 2009 NOA

August 29, 2009 @ 12:00P - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi

We just received our cellphone bill......$600 AND we've seen each other eavery 2 or 3 weeks!!!!!

Thanks

Paul

I don't believe that is an option for K1. Only for work visas. It costs 1000 bucks. Something like that.

You should look at uniontelecard.com. Some super cheap rates on some of these cards with auto pins and speed dial. I get Bangkok for about 2cents a minute.

Oct 24 NOA1 Texas/CSC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I don't believe that is an option for K1. Only for work visas. It costs 1000 bucks. Something like that.

You should look at uniontelecard.com. Some super cheap rates on some of these cards with auto pins and speed dial. I get Bangkok for about 2cents a minute.

Also try pinshark.com and tel3.com - I use these both - $20 lasts me almost a week!

September 12th, 2006 - Sent in I29F to California Service Center

September 23rd, 2006 - NOA1 Received

December 6th, 2006 - NOA2 Online - APPROVED

January 31st @ 7:30 AM - Interview APPROVED

June 7th, 2007 - Sent in AOS, EAD, and AP Applications

June 15th, 2007 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

July 14th, 2007 - Biometrics Apointment

August 17th, 2007 - EAD and AP APPROVED

September 18th, 2007 @ 9:03AM - AOS Interview APPROVED

July 29th, 2009 - Sent in I-751 -Lifting of Conditions

July 31st, 2009 NOA

August 29, 2009 @ 12:00P - Biometrics Appointment

If there was a way to speed up this process, one of us would have figured it out by now.

You'll just have to wait like the rest of us, I'm afraid.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi

Thanks

Paul

There is no premium processing for K1s - you were looking at something for employment visas.

There are many many options for phone calls i.e. Skype. There is no reason for you to pay a phone bill like that, especially if you are in Mexico and she is in the US (right?) Try www.futurephone.com

Filed: Other Timeline

Paul - the answer is no there is no such thing for K-1ers.

I'm starting to wonder how living in Cancun could be cheaper than you living in the UK and paying 300 or 400 bucks for a flight for her to the UK to see you, which is about all it costs this time of year.

I know for a fact that there are phone plans in the UK where there is free calling to the US, so that would solve your phonecall problems.

Calling by cell phones is THE most expensive way to talk internationally.

It's great to get to be together, but there's a financial reality limit and most ordinary people have one. Which is why people in long distance relationships use webcams to see each other and use calling cards or IM's to speak. The reason you are having such a tough time is because you are attempting the impossible. Unless you don't mind ending up bankrupt.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline
Paul - the answer is no there is no such thing for K-1ers.

I'm starting to wonder how living in Cancun could be cheaper than you living in the UK and paying 300 or 400 bucks for a flight for her to the UK to see you, which is about all it costs this time of year.

I know for a fact that there are phone plans in the UK where there is free calling to the US, so that would solve your phonecall problems.

Calling by cell phones is THE most expensive way to talk internationally.

It's great to get to be together, but there's a financial reality limit and most ordinary people have one. Which is why people in long distance relationships use webcams to see each other and use calling cards or IM's to speak. The reason you are having such a tough time is because you are attempting the impossible. Unless you don't mind ending up bankrupt.

Trouble is she cannot travel that much from the U.S.

Two 4 year old twins and a good, responsible job mean that flying for 10 hours each way rules that option out.

Oh, and we use Skype already, as well as the cellphone.

Paul

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Paul

That website that was written above......"futurephone.com"......is for the cell phone....and free to a number of countries.

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Cellphone charges for Mexico changed on November 4 so that only the caller pays for the calls - perhaps this is why? If not, and you still have a $600 cellphone bill, you're doing something wrong as there are plenty of options that are MUCH less expensive even using a cell phone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
Hi

Thanks

Paul

As far as I know Premium Processing is only an option for certain employers - not for K1 Visa - I looked into this as well.

My highest cell bill was over $1000 - oops! Gotta watch out for the phone bills! Good evidence though :D

mine was 900.00 i was like OH MY and then i finally installed skype lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Vonage is a good way to go for calls if you have dsl, cable, or broadband internet, they have plans around $25.00 a month and you get free long distance to several international countrys I think its Canada, Puerto Rico, France, Ireland, Italy, Spain and the UK. Might be of help for some of you.

Edited by Catica

Scott and Misty Offcial Webpage!

How does it happen, Great love?... Noone knows.. But I what I do know is it happens in a blink of an eye. One minutes your happily living your life and the next your wondering how you ever lived without them.

*I-129f sent* 10-31-2006

*I-129f recieved at VSC* 11-02-2006

*NOA1* 11-03-2006

*Check Cashed/Touched* 11-09-2006

*Touched* 11-15-2006

*Touched* 11-16-2006

*RFE email notice* 12-05-2006

*RFE snail mail* 12-11-2006

*RFE mailed back overnight* 12-12-2006

*RFE recieved VSC* 12-13-2006

*Touched* 12-14-2006

*Touched* 12-15-2006

*Touched* 12-18-2006

*Touched* 12-19-2006

*NOA2 email* 01-25-2007

*Touched* 01-26-2007

*Case Recieved at NVC* 01-29-2007

*Case Sent to London Embassy* 01-30-2007

*Fiance Recieves Packet 3* 02-10-2007

*Fiance Mails Back Packet 3* 02-12-2007

*Medical* 02-21-2007

*Mailed Packet 3 (2nd Time)* 03-09-07

*Delivery Confirmation Embassy Recieved it* 03-12-07

*Recieved Packet 4* 03-19-2007

*Interview Date* 04-20-2007 *APPROVED*

Soon to Come

*arrival in the US* 05-03-2007

*Official Marriage* 05-12-2007

*Big Wedding for Family/Friends* 7-14-2007

• 11 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Vonage is a good way to go for calls if you have dsl, cable, or broadband internet, they have plans around $25.00 a month and you get free long distance to several international countrys I think its Canada, Puerto Rico, France, Ireland, Italy, Spain and the UK. Might be of help for some of you.

Skype is great, if both of you are on excellent internet connection.

While I have 6mb internet... my fiance has dsl through wifi. Trying to talk to her on skype ends up in an mess of robot voices and echoing like you would not believe! I'm a big skype fan, and before she moved to wifi it was perfect... but if any one plans on going wifi with it... beware of the connection problems. Quality will fall through the floor.

For me, I've been calling cellphone to cellphone, which we all know is the most expensive long distance you could get!

I've found that Nobelcom.com has the best rates for that! I call a Japan cellphone for 3 hours and 45 minutes unde $20.

I have yet to find a company that will beat that price, without robbing me blind with service fees connection fees, or just very poor connection quality.

Edit: Vonage isn't that great if you already have phone service, you'll find it's really not cheaper... unless you call the UK or Canada.

Take into consideration the setup and switching fees from a normal phone line, or the additional monthly cost of using vonage alone.

Edited by DigitalEagle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.