Tahoma

So...where are the VJ Fil-Am success stories?

82 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Happily married 6.5 years here and we have a 21 month old son who is awesome. We have 2 fil/am couples that we are close friends with too! We spent Christmas, New Years, and my birthday with them eating and singing karaoke. Despite what some might say, our age gap of 20 years hasn't been a problem. In fact, our gap is the smallest of the 3 couples in our group with the others being 27 years and 34 years. We're glad to see other couples are enjoying life as well.

Your son is such a cutie bear! I love reading successful love stories. I'm just a hopeless romantic sometimes.

I'm totally having fun with this thread. Thanks to Tahoma and Chinook for starting it. ^_^

yes.gif

Just like what I promised to Tahoma ...

"Mamahalin kita habang buhay at magpakailanman."

~ Chinook

:), nice one! :)

" umulan bumagyo, gumuho man ang mundo! Ikaw parin ang mamahalin ko. :) "

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

7/1/2011.. NOA1 receipt date
7/9/2011.. NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved
11/14/2011.. Approved NOA2 recieved via email/text
11/22/2011.. NVC forwarded Approved I-129F Petition to US Embassy Philippine
11/29/2011.. US Embassy in Manila Recieved our Petition
1/20/2012.. Medical Exam (Passed)
2/28/2012.. Interview! Approved!
3/1/12... CFO counseling Done!
3/7/12.. Visa on hand
3/10/12... POE @ Honolulu, HI.. Yeheeeeeey!
3/31/12... Wedding <3 <3 <3
Adjustment of Status Journey
4/24/12... AOS Mailed
4/30/12... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of AOS & EAD receipt
5/7/12... AOS/EAD NOA1 Hard Copy Received
6/11/12... Biometrics Appointment
6/22/12... 2nd Biometrics appointment scheduled 7/17/12 but walked in in an early date.
6/27/12... Text/Email Received (Card Production for EAD)
7/7/12... EAD Card Received! smile.png Yeheeeeey!

8/13/12... Interview (Approved) email/text received I-485 on card production! smile.png
8/21/12... Green Card on Hand! Yeheeey! Thank God!

Stepson I-130 Petition

12/27/13... Mailed I-130 to Phoenix lockbox via USPS Express Mail

12/31/13... NOA1 Priority Date

1/6/14... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of receipt. LIN****** case number assigned & routed to Nebraska Service Center

1/11/14.. NOA1 Hard copy received

1/17/14... Petition approved! Notification received via email/text (Thank God. 17 days only)/Approved petition mailed to Department of State! Notification via text/email

1/23/14... NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

NVC Stage

1/29/14... NVC received approved petition

3/7/14... Case Number Assigned (MNL**********)

3/11/14... Received AOS bill & Paid AOS/ Submitted DS-261

3/17/14... Mailed AOS Package

3/18/14... Forgot to Sign the I-864A, mailed another form with my signature affixed on I-864A

3/25/14... Recieved/Paid IV fee (Mailed DS-260 additional requirements)

3/27/14... Submitted DS-260 Online

Waiting.... Hopefully no Checklist. :)

4/24/14... Case Complete

6/23/14... Interview date! Huraaaay! APPROVED! More Hurray! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Married almost 1 1/2 years and together for 3 1/2 years. Everything is great.. I'm back from our second visit to see her family and she is coming home Friday. Lucky girl missed the brutal cold snap we had here in MN..

We have our arguements but we get over them very fast and typically its because of misunderstanding language or a cultural difference. Occasionally she will drink and we will go at it a bit because filipina's can't hold their booze, hahaba but all is great and working out better then I had planned. To add, we had lived together in the Phils for 1 year so I knew what I was getting into and I love it...

Good luck to all

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Happily married 6 years today, January 15. Right now my wife is at work, she works 3rd shift. She will be starting work on another degree in 2 days from now. She also has excelled as an airman with the United States Air Force Air National Guard. We have a beautiful and very intelligent 3 1/2 year old son, and I am home schooling him for preschool.

My heart is made full by my wife and son... I love them dearly. I am so thankful for our little family.

yes.gif We have "little spats" like any other couple

huh.png "little"...unsure.png ...I'm not sure what to think about that word - "little"...coz...in case you didn't notice - I'm often quite traumatized! cray5ol.gif

Ah..who am I kidding...of course you notice - and - double down! laughing.gif (just) Another reason I love you baby = You're a strong adversary! yes.gif

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with you on the environment thing. I was about to bring my wife to AK while I was deployed in the dead of winter, but decided THAT would be a bad idea; no support, she couldn't drive, etc. So we waited almost a year. But I brought her over in January, convinced the local weather folks to warm it up to -9° for her arrival, then 7 days later too her to Chena Hot Spring on a day when it was -54°. One could argue that bringing them over at the WORST time could prevent a divorce 6-9 months down the road if they decide they can't hang. But they can. If they love you, they will put up with just about anything.

I do understand the point you are making about "putting up" with anything.

But before we agreed to marry my wife took me to the place that best represented her ideal life, and it was high up on Mount Malindang in a remote park area near Ozamis. It was cold at night while there and we had no heat and inadequate bedding. We didn't have electricity. We cooked on fire outside. So she "puts up" with Alaska the same way a dog puts up with a bone. As she was telling me "this is what I want it to be like", standing in the doorway of a remote cabin looking out over mountain jungle you can just imagine how electrifying that was for me.

I finally said "OK, I am going to let this one kiss me" after that.

Hahaha! Those were quite long and romantic success stories. I was sighing the whole

Time. Like a high school girl listening to a love story.

I was 17, he was 25. We met on a hiking expedition to Mt Pulag my husband's team organized for our university. Since then, he never let me go. :-P

Now, we have four children! Eldest 14 and youngest 7 years old. 3 girls 1 boy. 5 years married and recently--has been waiting to have my visa after a 221g.

Nevertheless, 16 years of a relationship and 5 years wedded--who can complain? Yes, in love, we put up with anything! A lot, in fact! Including 7 years apart due to his petition from his parents in the US. It makes me cry that soon--soon, we can recreate our Home that we built. Only this time, no more immigration to keep us apart. Getting closer to home!

Success and cheers to everyone here. VJ has become family to me--in a way. Would have been lost without these forums. Big hugs to all! Much love, success and happiness!

It's great to read all these success stories. I am happy for all of us.

Love is in the air! luv.gif

~ Chinook

Happily married 6 years today, January 15. Right now my wife is at work, she works 3rd shift. She will be starting work on another degree in 2 days from now. She also has excelled as an airman with the United States Air Force Air National Guard. We have a beautiful and very intelligent 3 1/2 year old son, and I am home schooling him for preschool.

My heart is made full by my wife and son... I love them dearly. I am so thankful for our little family.

Wow! nice photos of your wife in uniform. I salute for her for her service to our country.

~ Chinook

We'll be celebrating our 5th anniversary in March. We have a daughter and son (2 years apart) and now an infant girl. Our house is a happy and noisy one, filled with laughter and children's happy screaming. We are going back to Manila in July to pick up my Mom and after that, my husband and I will be on the road..travelling. We love road trips smile.png

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Thank you... I am proud of her, especially since the military was a big part of my life (was Army here). She really has excelled in the military, even though it is not the passion for her as it was for me. But she does very well in all things she makes a commitment to. I remember teaching her how to do her very first military push-up, and then at her Air Force technical school she got the highest score in push-ups of the over 100 women in her squadron. Now she is also working on becoming a nurse. You are a nurse, arent you Chinook?

Just an update here about our son. I am home schooling him for pre-school, and he is doing great. He is doing addition and subtraction, on his own even, and I dont think I was doing that at 3 years old. It is exciting being his teacher. If my wife would allow it I would teach him up through 6th grade, and maybe beyond that even. I have found that I love teaching

Wow! nice photos of your wife in uniform. I salute for her for her service to our country.

~ Chinook

I'm glad you started this topic.. thanks!

Our love story is also a success! Well, we are married for almost 5 years now, with two beautiful kids a girl and a boy... love my married life!

and waiting for my N-400 interview next week. I will update you guys next week! hope to pass yaiks! hahaha! just happy :))

Visa journey , this website helped me a lot! and i helped some friends too, through this and i am grateful!

Adjustment Of Status
Jan. 20/2010 - mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131(FEDex)
Jan. 25/2010 - delivered signed by: JCHYBA (received date)
Feb. 01/2010 - AOS NOA1 date
Feb. 03/2010 - case status online last updated for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 05/2010 - received mail NOA1 for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 16/2010 -transferred this case I485 to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER
Feb. 24/2010 -BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT NOTICE RECEIVED.
March 23/2010 -approved 131
March 24/2010 BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE 1:00PM
March 24, 2010 I-765 EAD - approved!
March 29/2010 EAD received!
April 29/2010 USCIS updated change of address from TX TO MS
July 7,2010 MY FIRST ULTRASOUND -->> WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!
July 14,2010
The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made.
JULY 27,2010 AOS APPROVED
AUG.12/2010 CHANGE ADDRESS THRU FON AND FILED AR-11
AUG.16/2010 RECEIVED LETTER FROM USCIS THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THE CHANGE OF ADDRESS.
AUG.17/2010 - GREENCARD AT LAST!
Nov.18,2010 - Bouncing baby girl named ARIELLE FINES CAMPBELL!
April 2012 - Lifting of condition (1-751)
May 2012 - Due- welcoming our 2ND Baby and it's a Boy!

f2sh5xp.png

April 1,2013 -permanent resident card received!

August -->>> N-400!!!! can't wait!

Happily married for several years now. My wife's birthday is Wednesday so taking a day off work to spend with her. I'm really thankful I met the right one for me.

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So...where are the VJ Fil-Am success stories?

Let me start, me and Tahoma are still happy together. We've been married for almost five years. It's been the best five years of my life. He treats me like a queen/empress and I treat him like a king... I guess this is the formula of our success. We treat each other with love and respect. We bicker (like kids), we argue..but we still have fun!

We love to travel, talk, laugh, discuss different topics, and eat! It's just amazing how we are so compatible in so many ways. We always compromise. And, we listen to each other...well, sometimes he pretends! Bless his heart.

I still look forward to coming home to him at the end of my work each day.

Now, your turn...smile.pngeb0dfafc.gif

~ Chinook

Hi Batch mate!

Yep! We're getting to the fifth anniversary. We moved from IL to neighbor state MO because of job. We just got back from our vacation in the Philippines with our one year old daughter and missed the polar vortex here in the Midwest. Life isn't easy especially when living far from our family. Not much Filipino friends here in St. Louis but at least I am happy to have Filipino Priest in our new parish. I am also done with my immigration process. It's just nice to have blue passport. LoL. Not much query.

Since, we're coming to our 5th year anniversary, we might do some travelling within the states while our daughter is with my in-laws on summer. So far, I didn't see any changes with our relationship which I don't expect to have changes anyway. LoL. But having our first baby after 3 years of marriage gave us time to know more each other as well as adjust to our differences. We're still silly and in-love to each other. I got more flowers and cards than before during different occasions. LoL. Trying to get more dates as much as we can since hardly do that when you have a kid.

I hope that a lot of us here that arguing in some interesting threads before are still in good and happy marriage after all these years.

goofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifsleepy.gifluv.gifreading.gif

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Would've been here 5 years this April 7th. Married 6 years as of December, Got pregnant within the first few weeks of arriving and we now have 3 wonderful kids (yes, my profile pic is outdated).....the youngest, the only boy, was a surprise :-) Our eldest, who left the RP shortly after completing Preparatory level, skipped 1st grade here and is currently in 6th grade. Just as she has excelled in the RP, so has she done the same so far, being a consistently in the honor roll. Hubby and I are both currently working full-time jobs which is a challenge, being that child care is generally expensive and our nearest kin in 4.5 hours away. Thankfully, we found kind and understanding caregivers who love our kids as they love theirs. Just survived a string of birthdays/holidays/ despite a full-time sched. Hoping to make a trip back this spring star_smile.gif

Yep! Daycare is definitely expensive but we have no choice, we're both working full-time and my husband is in graduate school. How did you find caregivers?

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.