acabrera7186

January 2014 Filers

584 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HI All,

My first post on VJ starts with a question.....I received my NOA1 on 30th January.

My question is....My passport expires on 16th March 2015 should I renew now or does it not need to be done??

Rich

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got out NOA1 last Feb. 21.. and anxiously waiting for NOA2 :D i bet we have the same feeling here :D hoping to gain some friends here and maybe we could go to medical and interview together :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

HI All,

My first post on VJ starts with a question.....I received my NOA1 on 30th January.

My question is....My passport expires on 16th March 2015 should I renew now or does it not need to be done??

Rich

You can get the visa without renewing your passport. If you're changing your name I'd say definitely wait until you get married and renew then. If you won't and you plan to travel after you move I'd say look at the cost of changing you passport now vs in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

HI All,

Rich

hi there well basically it depends on ur interview date if on date of interview it has 6 mnths or more tham 6 mnths left to expire then u dont need to renew it but if on interview date on ur passport has less than 6 mths to expire then u need to renew it so basically if ur interview happens before 15th sep 2014 then u dont need to renew it and if it happens after 15th sep 2014 then u need to renew it..i hope it helps. best of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everybody dancin5hr.gif !

We are waiting since january the 3rd, when we got noa1... It's been 2 months and 13 days, I hope we get some news soon... I am starting to worry a lot about it, we are trying to plan our wedding for the end of september, do you guys think it is enough time? unsure.png

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those noa2!

Love.

Timeline

HI All,

Rich

hi there well basically it depends on ur interview date if on date of interview it has 6 mnths or more tham 6 mnths left to expire then u dont need to renew it but if on interview date on ur passport has less than 6 mths to expire then u need to renew it so basically if ur interview happens before 15th sep 2014 then u dont need to renew it and if it happens after 15th sep 2014 then u need to renew it..i hope it helps. best of luck

I have decided to renew it anyway as It's a gamble not worth taking. Thanks for the replies.

Rich

Edited by Sheri&Rich

Timeline

Right, that is the first question out of the way, here is the second. goofy.gif

My NOA1 was 30th January and I have already got my police report from my local police authority dated 17th January 2014. Will this 'go out of date' before I need to present it???

Regards

Rich

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi everybody dancin5hr.gif !

We are waiting since january the 3rd, when we got noa1... It's been 2 months and 13 days, I hope we get some news soon... I am starting to worry a lot about it, we are trying to plan our wedding for the end of september, do you guys think it is enough time? unsure.png

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those noa2!

Love.

I would say September is a fair estimate and a good plan. :) good luck.

I'm the USC.

Sent I-129F application to Lockbox 01/10/14
(regretted not sending via Express Mail)
Confirmation of receipt via email/txt on 1/17/2014 Transferred to California Center
Received NOA1 hardcopy immediately thereafter
Alien Registration Number was changed on 1/22/2014
Request for evidence (RFE)sad.png 2/21/2014 (missing letter of intent from beneficiary) I wished I had discovered VJ before submitting. Read your VJ forums and ask questions before submitting!

Replied via express mail 2/27/2014

RFE Response Review 2/28/2014

l129F Petition approveddancin5hr.gif03/14/2014

NVC sent case to Embassy hardcopy received 4/5/2014

Fiance Submitted DS-160 online.

Completed medical exam 4/9/2014

Received Police Certificate 4/10/2014

Docs submitted and scheduled interview 4/16/2014

Interview 4/23/2014 K1 Visa Approved! :dancing:

Visa in hand 5/1/2014

Arrived 7/14/14

Married 7/22/14

AOS and EAD sent 8/5/14

Employment Authorization Card received 10/4/14

AOS interview 11/14/14

Conditional permanent resident Approved 11/14/14

WRlgm8.png

Does anyone know how to navigate the wormhole of telephone numbers and options at the London embassy to check with someone if they have received you application?

Sent AOS Documents: 09/17/14

Documents Received: 09/18/14

Welcome letter received: 06/18/15

Sent I-751 Documents: 03/13/2017

Package received: 3/14/17

Check cashed: 03/21/17

NOA received: 03/23/17

NOA dated: 03/16/17

Biometrics: 04/20/17

ROC Approved: 02/09/2018

Sent N-400 Documents: 03/13/2018

Package received: 3/14/18

Check cashed: 03/29/18

NOA received: 03/19/18

NOA dated: 03/19/18

Biometrics: 04/08/19

N-400 Approved: 02/28/19 🤸‍♂️

Oath Ceremony: 03/15/19 :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

That has been MOST of them that I have gotten. Obviously with us having to dial 10+ times to get through, and then having to hold for 20 minutes, their call volumes are high. In some call centers there is pressure applied to eliminate busy signals, and to get hold times down. If this pressure is being applied to them, it makes sense.

YES! Yes you can. If there are visa fees, you probably have to pay those first, and then you can schedule your interview, and get the medical if required.

Once you have a case #, you can check your status here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Default.aspx?App=IV

hey chris..it seems you´re some kind of NVC pro so I have a question for you :)

Is it possible to ask for the case number by email or only by calling?

you postet this emailaddress : NVCInquiry@state.gov once and I just wondered if I could send an email to them two weeks after NOA2 to ask for the case number??

we got approved on 03/13/2014 :D YAY

Another week of waiting. Good luck everyone, hope lots of us get NOA2 this week, or whatever other step your on!

Removal of Conditions 

4/10/17 - i751 sent

4/13/17 - i751 received

5/3/17 - Check Cashed

5/5/17 - NOA 1 (dated 4/13)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey chris..it seems you´re some kind of NVC pro so I have a question for you smile.png

Is it possible to ask for the case number by email or only by calling?

you postet this emailaddress : NVCInquiry@state.gov once and I just wondered if I could send an email to them two weeks after NOA2 to ask for the case number??

we got approved on 03/13/2014 biggrin.png YAY

Congrats on the approval! Now, as for the dreaded NVC, YES, you can e-mail them at that address. Put your receipt number in the subject, and in the body include "The beneficiary's name and DOB" and "The petitioner's name and DOB" (Label them as such as well), and send the e-mail. They'll respond when they feel like it. In my case it was a WEEK after I got the case number over the phone. (From studying the e-mail, it appears that the NVC contracts an outside company for at least the e-mail processing. So, that might have something to do with it).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats on the approval! Now, as for the dreaded NVC, YES, you can e-mail them at that address. Put your receipt number in the subject, and in the body include "The beneficiary's name and DOB" and "The petitioner's name and DOB" (Label them as such as well), and send the e-mail. They'll respond when they feel like it. In my case it was a WEEK after I got the case number over the phone. (From studying the e-mail, it appears that the NVC contracts an outside company for at least the e-mail processing. So, that might have something to do with it).

thank you so much for your answer!!

wish you the best of luck that your petition will move to your embassy quickly and for your interview!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.