topoftherock2013

January 2014 AOS Filers

1,012 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Not many people remember me - I haven't posted since April 14, our interview date.

I think I posted that the interview went well, but I didn't get the decision on the spot, b/c there was something missing from the packet. It turned out that uscis never sent my approved I-130 (submitted separately earlier) to the local office. It might have been our mistake that we didn't notify anyone there about the letter of approval, we just assumed that such information is shared within the same institution. Anyway, pairing the two petitions postponed the decision by 3 weeks, so I got my GC my GC in the third week of May.

I hope yours have arrived too and if they haven't, I'll keep my fingers crossed for all January filers!

Hey Jannapa...I remember you too!

Thanks for the update and congrats on your GC :)

All the best to everyone waiting.....not long now is my hope for you all... :)

Hey Topoftherock!

So nice to hear from you! I hope you have been keeping well? Sorry to hear you are still waiting for that GC....fingers crossed you hear soon my friend.. :)

I started a new job this week, I am so grateful and thankful. It will definitely assist with all that goal setting I have been doing in my spare time over the last 6 months...he he

It has to be said that with each passing day, I am not only falling more in love with my Hubby, but the USA also. I have experienced so much warmth and kindness from all I have met since I arrived here last year, and it isn't just from peeps either...Mother Nature has been generous with Spring too...!

So my Hubby, Mother Nature, and the USA are on the honor roll. That's my report card....lol lol

Will love to read yours when you have time..

Take care, stay safe.

cjc :)

Im so glad things are going well for you! sounds like a blissful marriage and life! :)

Things my end are also going well, I'm still studying (boo) my exams are in July and I can't wait until its over so i can start working. Im enjoying learning though, it hasn't been that long since i left school anyway so its been easy to get back into it (just hope i pass!)

NYC is really really incredible, its like being in a movie sometimes and overwhelming at how much is going on in this city. I def never want to leave! lol i think i prefer it in here so much more than london but maybe thats because I'm finally with my husband! marriage is pretty awesome, makes me wonder why i didn't do it sooner!

I've gained about 6 pounds since moving, i can't keep my hand off the food, I've never had anything like it! pizza, mexican, pasta...i can't get enough! lol good thing chocolate is bad here...at least thats one less thing to worry about!

:)

Edited by topoftherock2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello everyone :)

Its a good news day :) after submitting RFE that was requested during our interview, I got notice that my GC is in production step - exactly 30 days after they got RFE from us.

It comes at a perfect time since I am taking summer classes and I will be eligible for In-state tuition! my hubby will be happy to see that :)

good luck everyone!!

Dec 20th 2013 - got married in NYC

Jan 17th 2014 - received at Chicago Lockbox

Jan 23rd 2014 - confirmation in mail

Feb 11th 2014 - request for more evidence (they lost my birth certificate translation)

Feb 14th 2014 - Biometrics appointment

Mar 12th 2014 - changed to testing and interview

Mar 16th 2014 - interview appointment for Apr 16th :)

Mar 26th 2014 - EAD in production

Apr 5th 2014 - EAD in my hands <woop woop>

Apr 16th 2014 - interview and RFE

Apr 21st 2014 - RFE delivered

May 22nd 2014 - GC in production ;)

Timeline

Also my status has just changed from card production to decision? is that normal bc i had a major freak out moment...

Feb 11th 2014 - request for more evidence (they lost my birth certificate translation)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

So hello folks!! My journey is almost over! THANK GOD!! Had out interview may 23! Exactly one month after recieving the combo card. Haven't even used it. Lmao. Anyway. It was quite short. I feel like she wanted to get us out of here. We didn't want to leave. I was so prepared. I wanted all This funny questions. After 10 mins she said bye to us. Most of that time she was flicking through pics and our file. Lol. I kept my tush on that chair then she decided to ask me the have you ever been arrested and do you have intentions of being bad kinda questions. We were done in 15-20 mins. She said she would make a decision in 30-90 days. She took my i94. She wrote some gibberish in my passport about a pending 485 something something NYC. 3 hours later checked my case, it was in card production. 5 hours later i130 was approved and on notice mailed. 18 hours later 485 in decision. :) so I am here now waiting for the mailman. Hope fully next 2 weeks or so. My entire process took about 5 months. And I am in NYC!! So good luck and lots of prayer to all of you. And congrats to all who got approved. Hugss!

]

Edited by Royo1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Also my status has just changed from card production to decision? is that normal bc i had a major freak out moment...

same thing with my case. We should be fine. And what do you know I have never gotten another email notification from them since jan when the first got my case. But who cares. It's almost over!!

Timeline

So hello folks!! My journey is almost over! THANK GOD!! Had out interview may 23! Exactly one month after recieving the combo card. Haven't even used it. Lmao. Anyway. It was quite short. I feel like she wanted to get us out of here. We didn't want to leave. I was so prepared. I wanted all This funny questions. After 10 mins she said bye to us. Most of that time she was flicking through pics and our file. Lol. I kept my tush on that chair then she decided to ask me the have you ever been arrested and do you have intentions of being bad kinda questions. We were done in 15-20 mins. She said she would make a decision in 30-90 days. She took my i94. She wrote some gibberish in my passport about a pending 485 something something NYC. 3 hours later checked my case, it was in card production. 5 hours later i130 was approved and on notice mailed. 18 hours later 485 in decision. :) so I am here now waiting for the mailman. Hope fully next 2 weeks or so. My entire process took about 5 months. And I am in NYC!! So good luck and lots of prayer to all of you. And congrats to all who got approved. Hugss!

]

Hey,

congrats!! Same here, NYC based and my full process from immigration getting our documents to getting notification that my card is in production took exactly 4 months... hopefully couple more weeks and the card will be in my hands so i can plan a trip back to Poland :)

Congrats again!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

OK, yesterday I had my interview (840am) and have been stressed since - No news or updates yet.

The interview was really intense and it was done together.

Everything went well until she asked us if we consummated the wedding.

We are of islamic religion and we cannot consummate until a certain time even if the legal court marriage is done.

I told her the truth - I could have easily lied by saying yes (because this question leads to asking about scars on the body, i know the scars too) but we have just not actually consummated yet.

We showed her the engagement/court marriage photos. She told me to name everyone in the pictures (like 30 people in the pics)

The only thing we have together is a bank account, on submission of papers the balance was 25$, so she said that is too low.

Luckily i had new statement with a much larger balance.

I took screenshots for Facebook/Instagram showing 'Married'.

we gave her our Whatsap/Skype communication log for 9 months which was 1576 pages originally (cut it to 25 pages each)

She said, they will notify us by mail with a decision (infact she even mentioned about 2 year later to file ROC - i dont know if that is a requirement to mention or a note to remain positive)

Everyone, please add your details to the Google Spreadsheet - Goodluck to all
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo/edit?usp=sharing

My Timeline:
05/15/2017 - Sent N400 package to Dallas
05/22/2017 - Check cashed
06/12/2017 - Fingerprints done
06/20/2017 - In line for Interview
11/02/2017 - Interview scheduled
11/02/2017 - Approved on spot
11/9/2017 - Oath and filed for passport at USPS (Got it in 6 days)

Timeline

I got an email from USCIS that they've sent my EAD on may 12 2014 to my address but I haven't received an update for a tracking number and I haven't received anything in mail yet, is that normal.???

How was your interview?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo/edit?usp=sharing

My Timeline:

Im so glad things are going well for you! sounds like a blissful marriage and life! :)

Things my end are also going well, I'm still studying (boo) my exams are in July and I can't wait until its over so i can start working. Im enjoying learning though, it hasn't been that long since i left school anyway so its been easy to get back into it (just hope i pass!)

NYC is really really incredible, its like being in a movie sometimes and overwhelming at how much is going on in this city. I def never want to leave! lol i think i prefer it in here so much more than london but maybe thats because I'm finally with my husband! marriage is pretty awesome, makes me wonder why i didn't do it sooner!

I've gained about 6 pounds since moving, i can't keep my hand off the food, I've never had anything like it! pizza, mexican, pasta...i can't get enough! lol good thing chocolate is bad here...at least thats one less thing to worry about!

:)

Oh my, the time has flown by since your post and with work being so full on, just getting back to you now!

I am so happy to hear that things are going so well for you also - blessings to be sure and everything in its time. I had to laugh when you said 'boo' exams...I am certain you will do great, even better than you think...you will be delighted with your results, you'll see :)

Omg, I groaned when you mentioned putting on weight...yup, me too..lol...sigh.....whilst the chocolate and coffee here doesn't hold a candle to that of home, I no longer mind, my tastebuds have completely assimilated...Imao...yep, I am a goner....!!

Have a wonderful Spring weekend with your Hubby....live and love every moment.... :)

Timeline

I need some advice from VJers..
I am a student (F1).

I completed Bachelors and currently doing masters

I filed for Family based Green Card.

I did the interview last week and waiting for an approval.
I have already received the EAD (i765 - Work permit for 1 year).
As I wait for the Green Card, can I terminate my F1 status and work without an problems?
I want to rest from studying for a little while

My Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Anyone who got an interview waiver have any updates yet? Mine is still sitting at acceptance with no movement to be seen.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Anyone who got an interview waiver have any updates yet? Mine is still sitting at acceptance with no movement to be seen.

Same thing for me nothing happends got my letter may 14.

Edited by Jayzeee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We had a interview waiver, then requested to send an additional document (my divorce papers) and status changed to Card/ Document Production on Friday, June 6th. I guess we are almost done?

Card/ Document Production

On June 6, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

ucxi92z6o.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.