TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AllTheseGoneBy said:

It's been so long since I have had any vaccines that I'm afraid I will have to do the 3 indicated.. 

thanks 

So yes you would have to do :

1) Diphtérie Tetanos Polio et Coqueluche en 1 seul shot (type Boosterix)

2) Measles (Rougeole), Mumps (Oreillons), Rubella (Rubéole): I think it is also 1 shot

3) and then Varicella : also 1 shot.

Check with a general practitionner because you may have had some of those deceases when you were a child. You can do a blood test to see what you are already immune against.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Alors oui, vous auriez à faire :

1) Diphtérie Tetanos Polio et Coqueluche en 1 seul coup (type Boosterix)

2) Rougeole (Rougeole), Oreillons (Oreillons), Rubéole (Rubéole): je pense que c'est aussi 1 coup

3) puis Varicelle: également 1 coup.

Vérifiez auprès d'un médecin généraliste car vous avez peut-être eu certains de ces décès lorsque vous étiez enfant. Vous pouvez faire un test sanguin pour voir contre quoi vous êtes déjà immunisé.

I hope I can do this in a week

Timeline
Just now, AllTheseGoneBy said:

I hope I can do this in a week

Why, when is you medical appointment.

You need first to go see a GP, to get the "ordonnance" for the blood tests.

Then once you get the results from the blood tests (labs go fast now, like in couple of days), you go back to the GP and ask for an ordonnance for the shots, go to the drugstore, get the vaccins and then go back (arrrfffff) to the Gp to get your shots. Now I don't know if you can get all 3 the same day. That could be quite hard for your body I assume (?!)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Pourquoi, quand avez-vous rendez-vous médical.

Il faut d'abord aller voir un médecin généraliste, obtenir l'ordonnance pour les prises de sang.

Ensuite, une fois que vous obtenez les résultats des tests sanguins (les laboratoires vont vite maintenant, comme dans quelques jours), vous retournez chez le médecin généraliste et demandez une ordonnance pour les injections, allez à la pharmacie, obtenez les vaccins et revenez ensuite. (arrrfffff) au Gp pour prendre vos photos. Maintenant, je ne sais pas si vous pouvez obtenir les 3 le même jour. Cela pourrait être assez difficile pour votre corps, je suppose (?!)

I am not a doctor but if I follow the indications on the site of doctor jolly and my health record I will only have to do a vaccine! on her site she does not talk about obligatory blood tests. I have an appointment tomorrow with my doctor we'll see. Thank you so much Alix 

Pour les vaccins, si vous avez garde votre carnet de sante, ca devrait indiquer si vous etes a jour dans vos vaccins ou non. J'etais allee voir mon medecin generaliste pour confirmer tout ca.  J'avais trouve sur internet une fiche avec tous les vaccins necessaires et des cases vides que mon medecin generaliste a rempli en indiquant quand le vaccin avait ete fait, et si j'avais eu la varicelle ou non. Pas de prise de sang de mon cote mais uniquement parce que j'ai eu la varicelle et j'etais a jour dans mes vaccins.

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Timeline
9 hours ago, AllTheseGoneBy said:

I follow the indications on the site of doctor jolly and my health record I will only have to do a vaccine! on her site she does not talk about obligatory blood tests. I have an appointment tomorrow with my doctor we'll see.

Great ! Only one is great.

What I meant by "blood tests" was to know if you are immune against the decease described on her website.

Nevertheless, you will have to do (right after your appointment with Jolly/Gunoy) a blood test and a urine test (for gonorrhée and syphilis).

:)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Aquilina said:

Pour les vaccins, si vous avez garde votre carnet de sante, ca devrait indiquer si vous etes a jour dans vos vaccins ou non. J'etais allee voir mon medecin generaliste pour confirmer tout ca.  J'avais trouve sur internet une fiche avec tous les vaccins necessaires et des cases vides que mon medecin generaliste a rempli en indiquant quand le vaccin avait ete fait, et si j'avais eu la varicelle ou non. Pas de prise de sang de mon cote mais uniquement parce que j'ai eu la varicelle et j'etais a jour dans mes vaccins.

That is the problem, he/she doesn't have his "carnet de santé" anymore...

In my case, I was "naturally" immune with many decease because I got them as a child (the old fashion way LOL).

It feels good right, not to have to do any vaccines... 😉

(nothing to do with this discussion - I think we have to maintain the discussion in English as the whole website is in English and cannot be useful if in another language - I know it is tempting to write in French though 😋)

5 hours ago, Alix64 said:

(nothing to do with this discussion - I think we have to maintain the discussion in English as the whole website is in English and cannot be useful if in another language - I know it is tempting to write in French though 😋)

Oops my bad! I read messages in French but realize now those messages were just quotes being translated. 

1 hour ago, AllTheseGoneBy said:

I had my appointment with my doctor today and all my vaccines are up to date! finally no vaccine

Great news! Hope your journey will go smoothly and fast!

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

19 hours ago, AllTheseGoneBy said:

It's been so long since I have had any vaccines that I'm afraid I will have to do the 3 indicated.. 

thanks 

they just need to be done before the medical exam, some of them might have to be done in 2 or 3 times but most are valid for years.. you can surely do them whenever

Timeline
6 hours ago, Aquilina said:

Oups mon mauvais! J'ai lu des messages en français mais je me rends compte maintenant que ces messages n'étaient que des citations en cours de traduction. 

Bonne nouvelle! J'espère que votre voyage se déroulera sans heurts et rapidement!

Thanks ! :) 

3 hours ago, MA&AR said:

ils ont juste besoin d'être faits avant l'examen médical, certains d'entre eux devront peut-être être faits en 2 ou 3 fois mais la plupart sont valables pendant des années ..

Thanks for information 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

I am also waiting any news from the Us embassy in Paris for a K1 visa

5 hours ago, ALSH said:

I rescheduled mine for September 16th 

Did you call someone ? When did you start your k1 process ( just to know if I can hope receive my rendez vous soon ) ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I rescheduled mine for September 16th also through the website . I tried to contact the embassy today.

They finally pulled the plug on my grandmother this morning. For the past 4 months we’ve been pleading with the Embassy for an emergency appointment So that she could live to see me get married with no success. When I contacted Paris Embassy this morning apparently death doesn’t qualify an emergency appointment either. Like the whole time they’ve been quoting that you can only get an appointment with cases involving life or death, now they backtrack and say actually you can’t get one for death either. How heartbreaking and insensitive. Now he won’t even be here for her burial and he meant so much to her. These people really lack compassion. I’ll never understand how someone can travel for something as trivial as a business meeting/ or to invest, but my fiancé can’t support me during this difficult time. Make it make sense.

P.s sorry for the rant I’m just so frustrated. This year has literally been a nightmare

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.