TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 11/16/2019 at 12:14 AM, portorusa said:

OMG, it’s ridiculous ! Have you already booked his flight?

So we booked his ticket using miles with Air France so we were able to exchange it pretty easily.

He's also called the embassy several times (their service is outsourced so not always super reliable) and they recommended he change his pickup location to the point relais since it gets dropped off there the day the passports are shipped to home addresses. I don't know if anyone else is in this situation where we want him to leave as quickly as possible, but the point relais (Mail Boxes Etc rue Felix Faure) has been very helpful. He called the "point relais" and they said they go and pick up the passports at the embassy in the morning and have them available for pick-up staring 5pm. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I also booked them a flight through Air France,  it is 17 days after the scheduled interview . Hopefully enough to receive their passports back.

Timeline
1 hour ago, portorusa said:

This point relais service is free?

Yes the service is free! I think 17 days should be enough but you never know. They told him 10 days since it was electronic but we've passed the 10 day mark. I'll let you know once he actually gets his passport at the point relais! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

For anyone who did K1, did you receive a physical letter or an email once the embassy received the petition? If so, did the petitioner or the beneficiary received the letter/email? Thank you. 

Timeline
On 11/17/2019 at 9:13 AM, portorusa said:

I also booked them a flight through Air France,  it is 17 days after the scheduled interview . Hopefully enough to receive their passports back.

His passport was available for pickup at the point relais today. He's leaving tomorrow! 

Timeline

WoW, congratulations ! Very happy for you, Claire! Where does this point relais place located, in Paris? Does your husband live in Paris, too?

Timeline
12 hours ago, portorusa said:

WoW, congratulations ! Very happy for you, Claire! Where does this point relais place located, in Paris? Does your husband live in Paris, too?

Thank you :D  It's near Balard, here's the link: https://www.mbefrance.fr/fr/envoi/paris_15/0001?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=GMB

He lives in Paris too and he originally picked the at home delivery option but when he called last week they said the point relais is quicker because they get the passport the same day as they're shipped so it save 1-3 days depending on where you live. 

Timeline

Yes, as your husband is from the same area it does make sense to pick up his passport faster. Mine is from Perpignan, so he will have to wait till the passport arrives home.  

But your information may be useful for those who live not far from Paris.

Bon voayage to your hubby! Very happy for you! The adventure is almost over!

Timeline

Hello fellow French!

We just got DQ today :D

Please share how long after DQ you received Interview Letter? 

I was looking at diffrent timelines and it seems it is between 2 and 3 weeks. Does this seem accurate to you?

Merci :)

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Devon&Sandra said:

We just got DQ today

Fan-tas-tic! Well done guys 🥳

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
3 hours ago, Devon&Sandra said:

Hello fellow French!

We just got DQ today :D

Please share how long after DQ you received Interview Letter? 

I was looking at diffrent timelines and it seems it is between 2 and 3 weeks. Does this seem accurate to you?

Merci :)

Congratulations !!!🎉 

Timeline

Hi French VJ family ! 

ok i have a little question .

we are waiting on my husband tax transcripts for 2018 ( he have no possibility to do it online ) + his late wife death certificate .

how long will we have to wait to receive them ? ( approximately )
they were sent by regular mail ( one on Monday and the other one today ) And we are waiting on them to resubmit on CEAC website . Praying to be the unique and last re submission 🙏🤞

thank you for your help !!! 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

how long will we have to wait to receive them ? ( approximately )

Hello there ;-)

The documents will be sent from the US to France, right?

I would say around 10 days 🤨

Don't give up Mrs T :)

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Hello there 😉

The documents will be sent from the US to France, right?

I would say around 10 days 🤨

Don't give up Mrs T :)

Alix

Hello Alix 😄

yes , letters sent from US to France .

ok thank you 🙏 

thank you very much 😊

Audrey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.