French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone , 

i am still waiting for my documents to be reviewed by NVC
it’s gonna be a month this Friday .. anyway ! We are used to wait lol 

I just pray for my documents to be DQ without resubmission 🤞🙏

my question is , how long does it take from DQ to have interview scheduled in Paris recently for IR1/CR1?
i know that I am not in the best part of the year as Thanksgiving /Christmas Are coming in few weeks ...
i hope to hear something within 15 days from NVC but do you think if it’s the case they will schedule an appointment for the end of the year or more in Jan/feb 2020? 

Thank you for your answers 😃

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

my question is , how long does it take from DQ to have interview scheduled in Paris recently for IR1/CR1?

A million dollar question 😞

My husband was DQ’d on 10/1. It’s been more than 5 weeks, and not a peep from NVC about the interview date. While others here on VJ and also from France who were DQ’d after us, already had their IL’s and even their interviews done. 

Paris Embassy is not that busy (comparing to Montreal, for example, or Santo Domingo). So how NVC chooses cases to be awarded with IL and by what criteria, is a mystery.

I called NVC to ask Why, but it was useless. They give a standard answer, “It depends on the available dates we receive from the embassy, and then we fill the available slots. Be patient”.

Timeline
1 hour ago, portorusa said:

A million dollar question 😞

My husband was DQ’d on 10/1. It’s been more than 5 weeks, and not a peep from NVC about the interview date. While others here on VJ and also from France who were DQ’d after us, already had their IL’s and even their interviews done. 

Paris Embassy is not that busy (comparing to Montreal, for example, or Santo Domingo). So how NVC chooses cases to be awarded with IL and by what criteria, is a mystery.

I called NVC to ask Why, but it was useless. They give a standard answer, “It depends on the available dates we receive from the embassy, and then we fill the available slots. Be patient”.

This process is so tiring ..

I feel that , we ( my husband and me ) are again here for at least 6 months ..
for  Paris embassy I was thinking that maybe the holidays for « Toussaint » delayed a little bit their schedule  . As maybe some agents took some vacations .. 

but everybody came back to school last Monday so maybe you gonna hear from them in the next days . But as I say , it’s just what I think . 
we stopped to call NVC . It’s like USCIS we are just talking to « robots »and what they tell us is what we can see online , less the waiting time to talk to someone (who is awful when we try to reach them to have some informations . )

i hope you gonna have your IL very soon ! ( and me my DQ 😃)

🙏🍀🤞

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
17 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

if you don’t mind , could you tell me what  did USCIS told you Exactly ? 
i don’t think doing them translate on US side will change something .and plus it’s so expensive  ..Maybe according to what they told you you can ask the official translater to modify the stamp or the presentation . 

Thank you Mr@MrsT. Any advice is most welcome. Attached is what we have received. Our lawyer said that the problem has to be the stamp from our translater because it is in French and Latin and not in English (our translater is certified, works for Nato and Unesco and is listed in Ambassy and Mairies, not a debutant but I guess we got unlucky on this...). 

I have fedexed today another original document (in French) to my husband who is right now in the US so that he will have it translated into English by a certified US translater.

We are also going to call USCIS today to know more about it (since all my other documents were translated and stamped the same way, I don't understand what is wrong with this particular one).

Take care  😉

Alix

BLABLI.pdf

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Thank you Mr@MrsT. Any advice is most welcome. Attached is what we have received. Our lawyer said that the problem has to be the stamp from our translater because it is in French and Latin and not in English (our translater is certified, works for Nato and Unesco and is listed in Ambassy and Mairies, not a debutant but I guess we got unlucky on this...). 

I have fedexed today another original document (in French) to my husband who is right now in the US so that he will have it translated into English by a certified US translater.

We are also going to call USCIS today to know more about it (since all my other documents were translated and stamped the same way, I don't understand what is wrong with this particular one).

Take care  😉

Alix

BLABLI.pdf 137.15 kB · 1 download

Hello,

I just checked in my paperworks what we sent to USCIS in august 2018 .

we did everything translated by « alphatrad » who is an official French company  with certified translators .

the stamp at the bottom of the pages is in French and we had no problem , No RFE ( Just the bad luck to be in NSC who took almost a year to approve us. Anyway lol ) 

At each time there is  a stamp with the name of the translator - the language she is able to translate ( all of that in French ) and in the middle of the stamp

« Expert  traducteur assermenté cour d’appel de Montpellier » with her signature . 
next to this stamp their is another « tampon »  

« Visé NE VARIETUR sous le n•:...... Le:.......

As you say that the other documents were accepted Are you sure there is not something they changed in the denied  translation

( presentation, titles not translated etc) USCIS /NVC are very picky ..

I hope that helped .

take care too 

Audrey 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello,

I just checked in my paperworks what we sent to USCIS in august 2018 .

we did everything translated by « alphatrad » who is an official French company  with certified translators .

the stamp at the bottom of the pages is in French and we had no problem , No RFE ( Just the bad luck to be in NSC who took almost a year to approve us. Anyway lol ) 

At each time there is  a stamp with the name of the translator - the language she is able to translate and in the middle of the stamp

« Expert  traducteur assermenté cour d’appel de Montpellier » with her signature . 
next to this stamp their is another « tampon »  d

« Visé NE VARIETUR sous le n•:...... Le:.......

As you say that the other documents were accepted Are you sure there is not something they changed in the denied  translation

( presentation, titles not translated etc) USCIS /NVC are very picky ..

I hope that helped .

take care too 

Audrey 

Thank you Audrey for taking so much time to explain. This is EXACTLY what our translater did, the stamps and all. She works for Nato and Unesco in Paris, she is certified translater in 4 different langages, listed in Mairies and all. I told her what our misfortune, she could not believe it and has never heard about a probleme like this. Believe me, her stamp was exactly like you discribe. We just got unlucky that is all (like a lot of people going through the process...). Just have to send it back again (but this time we will have a US translater). In the end, taking a step back, it is no big deal. Fingers crossed we won't have too much of these 😉  Take good care :)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Thank you Audrey for taking so much time to explain. This is EXACTLY what our translater did, the stamps and all. She works for Nato and Unesco in Paris, she is certified translater in 4 different langages, listed in Mairies and all. I told her what our misfortune, she could not believe it and has never heard about a probleme like this. Believe me, her stamp was exactly like you discribe. We just got unlucky that is all (like a lot of people going through the process...). Just have to send it back again (but this time we will have a US translater). In the end, taking a step back, it is no big deal. Fingers crossed we won't have too much of these 😉  Take good care :)

You are very welcome !! 
When USCIS was doing misery to me ( and trust me they did lol ) I appreciated  that people on VJ helped me so if I can help a little bit now I am happy 😄

you just been unlucky that the word .. this process is complicate . 

i hope that with the US translations it’s gonna be ok for them .And that from that everything is gonna be ok for you 🙏🤞🍀

take care 😁

Timeline
15 hours ago, portorusa said:

Those CR1/IR1 who had interviews in Paris today PLEASE PLEASE report on the result AND submit your review!

Here please if possible!

Thank You!

My husband's interview yesterday went well and only lasted about 15 minutes. The woman said probably 10 days to get his passport back since his case is electronic. The CEAC status still only says "ready" and not "administrative processing" or "issued." Hope this helps!  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

You are very welcome !! 
When USCIS was doing misery to me ( and trust me they did lol ) I appreciated  that people on VJ helped me so if I can help a little bit now I am happy 😄

you just been unlucky that the word .. this process is complicate . 

i hope that with the US translations it’s gonna be ok for them .And that from that everything is gonna be ok for you 🙏🤞🍀

take care 😁

You are a sweet heart. It is true it is much appreciated when people empathized 🧚‍♀️...

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

You are a sweet heart. It is true it is much appreciated when people empathized 🧚‍♀️...

Thank you very much for your kind words 😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Claire HD said:

My husband's interview yesterday went well and only lasted about 15 minutes. The woman said probably 10 days to get his passport back since his case is electronic. The CEAC status still only says "ready" and not "administrative processing" or "issued." Hope this helps!  

Thank you, Claire! Can you specify please what questions have been asked? And to get your husband’s passport back, will it be mailed via post service? Do we need to provide a self-addressed envelope for that?

Timeline
2 hours ago, portorusa said:

Thank you, Claire! Can you specify please what questions have been asked? And to get your husband’s passport back, will it be mailed via post service? Do we need to provide a self-addressed envelope for that?

He was asked how we met, when he had been to the United States, his relationship with my father (who is the joint sponsor) and for pictures of our wedding.  They took all the originals of our french mariage certificate, his birth certificate and his police certificate. The passport will be mailed via post service and you don't need to prove a self-addressed envelope. Let me know if you have any other questions :D 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Claire HD said:

He was asked how we met, when he had been to the United States, his relationship with my father (who is the joint sponsor) and for pictures of our wedding.  They took all the originals of our french mariage certificate, his birth certificate and his police certificate. The passport will be mailed via post service and you don't need to prove a self-addressed envelope. Let me know if you have any other questions :D 

Hi Claire ! 
congratulations on your approval 🎉

could you please tell me if they need th less than 3months wedding/birth certificate ? Translations 
my huband ( usc) do we need to provide a recent birth certificate for him ? 
thank you 🙏 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi Claire ! 
congratulations on your approval 🎉

could you please tell me if they need th less than 3months wedding/birth certificate ? Translations 
my huband ( usc) do we need to provide a recent birth certificate for him ? 
thank you 🙏 

Thank you! Those three documents (birth/wedding/police certificates) were less than 3 months but we didn't need translations. For your husband, the US citizen, you just need a photocopy of his passport or of his birth certificate (US birth certificates aren't dated the way they are in France). Hope it helps! 

Timeline
Just now, Claire HD said:

Thank you! Those three documents (birth/wedding/police certificates) were less than 3 months but we didn't need translations. For your husband, the US citizen, you just need a photocopy of his passport or of his birth certificate (US birth certificates aren't dated the way they are in France). Hope it helps! 

Thank you for your answer !!

ok I will have that ! (If NVC review my documents one day lol )

it helps a lot 😊🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.