420 posts in this topic

Thank you everyone.. Made me feel better to know I'm not the only one going crazy. I even checked my email for a P4 letter this weekend (even though I know it isn't going to be there :( ) I really hope for all of us the wait ends soon. This really sounds stupid but I called NVC late Fri night just to hear. (Case complete, waiting for interview to be scheduled, and no I can't tell you when it will be) Probably the fourth time, maybe more, I have heard it or read it but I was feeling worthless not doing anything at all! My wife told me that she wants to wait to celebrate our first anniversary in person... So waiting = life on hold = me going crazy. Next two weeks can't get here fast enough to see if I get scheduled for a interview. Wish we all get a early one.

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay people tomorrow is interview schedule week. What day it starts I don't know but get ready get ready get ready. have that email powered up. Post when you find out and i will update the list (cuz there will me alot).

Okay are you READY people!!goofy.gif

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Okay people tomorrow is interview schedule week. What day it starts I don't know but get ready get ready get ready. have that email powered up. Post when you find out and i will update the list (cuz there will me alot).

Automatic email updates on the phone are set and ready to go.

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Good luck everyone!!! Wish all the best for you my friends! And dwheels76 you make this procces less painful. ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Bored is an understatement. I'm in the same boat, have everything lined up just in case, and my wife has all of that stuff also, we got double the originals/copies they asked for just in case. I'm still waiting on case complete but it should be coming shortly. I'm about two weeks behind your timeline while at NVC. I too will miss my first anniversary together (next weekend). But we'll be making up for it for sure and just celebrating it together later. (we'll be skyping all day the day of though).

I'm actually looking forward to THAT wait. I don't think ANY of these first parts have truly been in my control. I've been apprehensive since day one due to the vagueness of the entire process. So many different requirements from each country, dealing with customer service reps, professional services, and those who have experienced the process - which seems to change so often, even the "professionals" can't always seem to keep up. At least once I get the interview date I can REALLY start preparing for my wife's arrival.

And ya, witnessing the perseverance of everyone else in this 'community' has helped keep me strong as well. I love reading everyone else's comments, and sometimes it's just nice knowing I'm not the only person going through all this - because surely no one that ISN'T experiencing any of this really has no idea what we're all going through.

This last year of waiting has tested my patience, and I can't even begin to imagine how it would feel waiting 9 years. Godspeed with the rest of your process. [/quote

Thank you my friend God bless all!!! Love is wonderful!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi Every one,

I need some advice especially from the veterans of this forum (dweels please!). My wife has her interview in February and i thinking they might ask for my current pay stubs or proof that i am working. I am currenly not working because i am a graduate professional student and my program does not allow us to work. Its very intense and if you work and fail, they kick you out! . However, i do have some savings andreceive fanancial aide every semester. I am contemplating writing a letter to the CO explaining this and including an official letter from my school (i already have this in hand) and my bank statement. Is this a good idea? Could it jeopadize my wife's interview?. I worked last year and used my taxes to fill the affidavit of support and its was accepted with no problems. I dont want to overkill but i also do not want her being place on AP. We have been aprt for far too long and its killing me (missed first and second anniversary) .

Any idea is welcome and thanks in advance for any info

Edited by nami33

Timeline

I can relate to the feeling! March is just around the corner! No sweat! Good luck TimandAna

Well got good news and bad news today....

Bad News:

Evidentially me and NVC has different terminology. The other day when I called I was told that my AOS and IV was completed and no checklist. I asked so everything completed and told yes. To me means case = complete. Well been scanning my email looking for the case complete letter and finally just gave up and called today. I was told that my case is currently in "review to be completed". Basically after scaring me and me asking for explanations this is my understanding now...

AOS complete no checklist dancin5hr.gif

IV complete no checklist dancin5hr.gif

Not all combined in a folder yet "in review to be completed" ranting33va.gif

So I might have to change my case complete date....

Good news:

I asked when this will happen and told.. mmmmm next week or so

I asked will I get sent out with this batch of interviews... No Jan and Feb interviews are already taken.

When will I get the interview? ... Probably March dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

When will I get the letter?... mmmm next week or so rofl.gif

I'm still happy... In April (I could not even tell you what year) In Nov (I could not even tell you what month) and now I have a good idea it will be March! (next is to learn what day!)

NVC did that to me. The have an initial complete which means, its still awaiting review and a final complete. After final complete, you are placed in interview que to be scheduled. They enjoy messing with our brains.

Timeline

Hi Every one,

I need some advice especially from the veterans of this forum (dweels please!). My wife has her interview in February and i thinking they might ask for my current pay stubs or proof that i am working. I am currenly not working because i am a graduate professional student and my program does not allow us to work. Its very intense and if you work and fail, they kick you out! . However, i do have some savings andreceive fanancial aide every semester. I am contemplating writing a letter to the CO explaining this and including an official letter from my school (i already have this in hand) and my bank statement. Is this a good idea? Could it jeopadize my wife's interview?. I worked last year and used my taxes to fill the affidavit of support and its was accepted with no problems. I dont want to overkill but i also do not want her being place on AP. We have been aprt for far too long and its killing me (missed first and second anniversary) .

Any idea is welcome and thanks in advance for any info

What did you show for current income then? Most embassies (especially like yours) use previous year and current year.

When you get your P4 letter you could very well have a "need to bring updated I-864 information".

I know two cases from your embassy they were told to get a co-sponsor her previous year income was $350 under but her current was over but they wouldn't accept.

Maybe they won't ask. But I would be prepared with a co-sponsor. You writing a letter will do no good because you aren't working and with the economy they way it is you can't guarantee you will get a job after your degree program.

Get a co-sponsor to fill out I-864 get all necessary documents together for interview and if asked you have. Maybe you won't need it but better to have and not need. You know.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

What did you show for current income then? Most embassies (especially like yours) use previous year and current year.

When you get your P4 letter you could very well have a "need to bring updated I-864 information".

I know two cases from your embassy they were told to get a co-sponsor her previous year income was $350 under but her current was over but they wouldn't accept.

Maybe they won't ask. But I would be prepared with a co-sponsor. You writing a letter will do no good because you aren't working and with the economy they way it is you can't guarantee you will get a job after your degree program.

Get a co-sponsor to fill out I-864 get all necessary documents together for interview and if asked you have. Maybe you won't need it but better to have and not need. You know.

Thanks dweels, My 3 previous years tax filling wer well above poverty line and that is what i used for the affidavit of support. The P4 letter did not ask for updated I-864 information. I actually worked last year (2013) but only for 6 months and my income not above poverty line. Her I-130 WAS APPROVED in April so i used 2010, 2011 and 2012 tax returns for I-864,

Timeline

Also most people that could help have not filed the taxes which means, i will be asking for 2013 tax returns. Mine were above poverty line.

I think I found some fun today while waiting. Posting the same link over and over (link for instructions to the forms) in replies to people asking questions. Then pasting parts confusing them. I just sit back and laugh. Sureeee do not read the instructions. Why read the instructions? Who needs it anyways? How am I confused? Yeah I know kinda A-ole-ish but I got a really good laugh.

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

NVC did that to me. The have an initial complete which means, its still awaiting review and a final complete. After final complete, you are placed in interview que to be scheduled. They enjoy messing with our brains.

That really messed with me. I guess it was my April fools day joke... haha

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

Timeline

PSA for my Peeps here:

I Need to warn people. Until you hear NVC say CASE COMPLETE or you get the CASE COMPLETE letter you don't have it.

NVC operator saying "There are no issues" or " it looks okay" isn't case complete. THE AOS and IV are reviewed in separate departments. That's why you must call and you must get exact verbiage. CASE COMPLETE.

I have had too many people come to the Case Complete thread with the words " they reviewed my AOS and IV" and then they think they have a date (no one gave them one) and they have sat here a month some 2 just to find out they never had case complete and they either didn't get a checklist or they overlooked it and thought it was a false one. Now there have been instances of NVC giving case Complete only to find an error and reverse it. (shame on the).

I will say it again until you hear NVC say "CASE COMPLETE" by phone or email you don't have Case Complete.

ROC I-751

N-400

hey everyone...can you anyone tell me if the NVC hold the completed case until the last week of every month to schedule interviews for them or these completed cases got the interview scheduled for them depending on how busy are the embassies or consulates ?

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-02-04

I-130 Sent : 2013-02-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-04

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2013-10-15

NVC Received : 2013-10-31

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-11-23

Pay I-864 Bill 2013-11-29

Receive I-864 Package : 2013-12-03

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-12-06

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-12-19

Receive IV Bill : 2013-12-25

Pay IV Bill : 2013-12-25

Receive Instruction Package : 2013-12-27

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-02-20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.