watdog

Why being ahead has saved our Visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello all,

As many of you know my fiancee and myself have always been ready for each notification to reply back immediately. Well today I can tell you that we got scheduled for our interview. Yeah but bummer at the same time.

As soon as NVC said the package was sent to the embassy, I printed packet 3 and she gathered everything. Went to medical and within 3 days of being recieved at the embassy we replied that we have everything and our ready for the interview. On November 29th we sent this and scans to the Jerusalem embassy. She received a call 4 days later saying she is scheduled for the 1st week of January. Very vague but said they would be sending a letter.

Well today has come and the letter says January 29th at 8:15am. Literally by the time the visa is issued our NOA 2 would expire. Two months to schedule an interview seems a bit odd. However, if we had to wait for police reports or anything then the NOA 2 would be expired by the time they could schedule us. Is there any way to bring this interview date up? I wrote them saying the papers expire however, haven't heard anything back yet.

Any advice?

Filled AOS/AP/EAD: 2014-04-09

Biometrics: 2014-05-08

AOS approved for interview: 2014-06-24

AOS Interview: 2014-07-30, Approved.

GC received: 2014-08-11
ROC Sent: 2016-04-29

ROC packet received at California Service Center: 05-02-16

NOA1 (Received 05-13-16): Letter dated 05-02-16
ROC Biometrics: 2016-06-02

Filed for Re-entry permit: 2016-06-03

Re-entry permit biometrics: 2016-07-14

Re-entry permit approved: 2016-12-07
Re-entry permit received: 2016-12-10, Only got 6 month re-entry permit????
ROC Approved: 2017-02-09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello all,

As many of you know my fiancee and myself have always been ready for each notification to reply back immediately. Well today I can tell you that we got scheduled for our interview. Yeah but bummer at the same time.

As soon as NVC said the package was sent to the embassy, I printed packet 3 and she gathered everything. Went to medical and within 3 days of being recieved at the embassy we replied that we have everything and our ready for the interview. On November 29th we sent this and scans to the Jerusalem embassy. She received a call 4 days later saying she is scheduled for the 1st week of January. Very vague but said they would be sending a letter.

Well today has come and the letter says January 29th at 8:15am. Literally by the time the visa is issued our NOA 2 would expire. Two months to schedule an interview seems a bit odd. However, if we had to wait for police reports or anything then the NOA 2 would be expired by the time they could schedule us. Is there any way to bring this interview date up? I wrote them saying the papers expire however, haven't heard anything back yet.

Any advice?

Teh NOA2 expiration is meaningless for the K-1 visa process. The NOA form is multi use; you are good to go.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

the petition is automatically renewed by the embassy up to a year in 4 month intervals.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

2 months from case complete to interview is not out of the ordinary. If you read the threads you will see many consulates scheduling 3 or 4 months out. Ignore the expiration date on noa2, it is automatically renewed. there is nothing to worry about. Congrats on the interview and good luck!

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

I would research how the process is in your embassy. Because I had my interview in Buenos Aires, Argentina and was told I had 6 months to move after the medical date and not the interview. So I had to move sooner than I thought. Check just in case! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Alright, thanks for the updates guys. The big problem is that her boss passed away a week ago and her current work visa is now done. So since technically she's now in staying in a foreign state without a visa she's worried. Hopefully they can move it up but if not I guess we will take what we can get. :/

Filled AOS/AP/EAD: 2014-04-09

Biometrics: 2014-05-08

AOS approved for interview: 2014-06-24

AOS Interview: 2014-07-30, Approved.

GC received: 2014-08-11
ROC Sent: 2016-04-29

ROC packet received at California Service Center: 05-02-16

NOA1 (Received 05-13-16): Letter dated 05-02-16
ROC Biometrics: 2016-06-02

Filed for Re-entry permit: 2016-06-03

Re-entry permit biometrics: 2016-07-14

Re-entry permit approved: 2016-12-07
Re-entry permit received: 2016-12-10, Only got 6 month re-entry permit????
ROC Approved: 2017-02-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.