Kyle B

K1 Visa Approved! 114 Days from start to finish.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

My fiancée had her interview in Guangzhou today, officer asked two questions and then approved our Visa! The interview lasted 90 seconds, :-)

From NOA1 to K1 Approval took only 114 days!... What a whirlwind!

Woohoo!

My fiancée had her interview in Guangzhou today, officer asked two questions and then approved our Visa! The interview lasted 90 seconds, :-)

Woohoo!

Yay, congrats for the approval!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

90 seconds :o you timed it? Congratulations!!!kicking.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Woohoo!

. Kyle can you give some tips as to how you attained this success? And congrats

Timeline

. Kyle can you give some tips as to how you attained this success? And congrats

Thanks Ashley, and yes I'll share some tips.

I think the best approach is to consider this as a legal case. You should provide as much evidence as you possibly can to prove your love for each other. When I submitted the petition, I ensured that every single form was completed clearly and thoroughly.I submitted the application, personal letters from each of us, my birth certificate, and coverletter. I submitted about 75 photos: screenshots of my chat conversations with Alina on QQ and WeChat, photos of us together on vacation, photos of us with her mother and siblings, photos of the gifts that we bought for each other, etc... Also, I submitted photocopies of my passport, visa stamps, airline tickets, train tickets, hotel receipts, receipts of gifts, and receipts for packages that I mailed.

Once the petition was approved and sent to the NVC and then the Consulate, I also prepared an extensive package and mailed to Alina so she could bring with her to the interview: Affidavit of support, 2 years tax returns, last years W2, 2 months of paystubs, employer letter stating my position, last month's bank statement, property tax bill stating property value, photocopies of wire transfers I sent Alina, airfare itinerary for my flight next month, and hotel confirmation.

She brought her police reports and birth certificate as well as the package I prepared to the interview. We ensured that she arrived 2 days before the interview to give enough time for the medical exam.

In the interview, the officer reviewed the packet and then asked two questions: 1) Why do you want to marry your boyfriend? -> Because we love each other and we are happy together. 2) Why do you want to go to the US? -> So that we can be together and we can marry and start a family.

The officer then said "Congratulations your K1 Visa is approved!" dancin5hr.gif

That was it.... I feel like as long as you prepare a lot of documents and photos that prove the relationship, you'll find success.

Best of luck!

Woohoo!

Congrats dancin5hr.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulation! dancin5hr.gif

Your case is so lucky. And I wish I could get lucky like that!

Thank you so much for your tips, It gonna help me and everyone is getting ready for interview a lot.
Wish both of you will be together forever soon!

13 Sep 2013: Sent I-129F to USCIS

30 Sep 2013: Received receipt number (SRC- Texas service)

11 Oct 2013: Alien registration number was changed

28 Oct 2013: I-129F was approved

2 Nov 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

7 Nov 2013: USCIS sent petition to NVC

14 Nov 2013: NVC sent case number via email

18 Nov 2013: NVC sent petition to consulate in HCMC

20 Nov 2013: Case status on CEAC_ Ready, and waiting for Instruction package.

29 Nov 2013: Got the Instuction Package (Package 3).

6 Dec 2013: Sent the package 3 to U.S Consulate.

11 Dec 2013: The U.S Consulate got the package 3.

BnpBp7.png

nEu6p7.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats!!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations!!dancin5hr.gifgood.gifkicking.gif

IR-5 for wife's parents:
3-24-2014: I-130 approved
4-08-2014: USCIS sent to NVC
5-07-2014: Case recieved at NVC
5-15-2014: Case number & IIN Assigned
5-21-2014: Completed DS-261
5-22-2014: Sent ENROLL EP email
5-27-2014: Sent AOS through EP
6-14-2014: Case number change from GUZ to GZO

7-04-2014: Sent DS-260 fee

7-07-2014: Sent Civil Documents

7-08-2014: Completed DS-260

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-27-2014: Case COMPLETE! YES!...YES!...YES! :joy::thumbs::dance:

Timeline

Kyle,

Our timelines are almost identical and we had interview on the same day. Were you the one accompanying your fiancee in GZ?

Any updates on Ceac since interview? We got one on 20th, still AP.

Qwerk,

My Fiancee went by herself to the interview as I had to be in the US for work.

The only update I have is: The CEAC application status says "ISSUED" and the Passport Tracking says that they are processing the passport now and should be mailing it any day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.