Mohamed&Laura

Birthdate wrong.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I called the National Visa Center today. They have a case number ready. They could not give it to me because the birthdate I gave them and the one listed on the NVC form do not match.I entered the correct birthdate on the I129f and all of the forms. She said that the problem is somebody entered the birthdate wrong during processing. Now I must send in a copy of my fiance's birth certificate or a copy of his passport. This is the procedure in order to correct their mistake. I am so glad that I have been calling every few days to ask for the case number. Now we can have the error corrected and move forward, God willing.

It is not your fault. Anyway, NVC will send a letter to you containing your case number. Good luck, sis!

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Update: I was given the case number from an operator at the State department. Now I am trying to help them to fix the data entry error. They accidentally entered his birthday as the 30th instead of the 20th. :-)

Timeline

I think this belongs in the K1 forum also because others will see how important it is to follow through with phone calls. If I had not been given the case number and wrong birthdate entered at the State Department, I would not know that the birthdate had been keyed in wrong.

The file left the USCIS with the proper and correct birthdate. The birthdate error occured at the NVC. Apparently, they have some very inefficient safeguards against simple data entry errors good.gif

Now the file is being sent to a different building so that somebody there can look at it and confirm that a data entry error occured. The supervisor could not tell me how long this will take.

Timeline

Yes...seems this is a common error. The supervisor seemed more concerned over how I found out the mistaken birth date than she was about simply fixing the error. She also said it would take so long to fix their error that I will likely have to file an extension of the Approval Notice in Paris. The current Approval is valid until March 14, 2014. It is not looking like a 2 day fix.

Timeline

yayyyy....problem solved after we sent the copy of passport!

from the ceac website:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate threads have been merged and duplicate posts removed. The topic, while it does relate to the NVC forum, is being moved to the K-1 Visa Process and Procedure forum as it relates to the K-1 process and keeps all steps - even unexpected ones - together in the same forum.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

duplicate threads have been merged and duplicate posts removed. The topic, while it does relate to the NVC forum, is being moved to the K-1 Visa Process and Procedure forum as it relates to the K-1 process and keeps all steps - even unexpected ones - together in the same forum.

I concur, for the same reason. I posted this here but somebody moved it to the NVC forum.

Can you tell me where we can find out the date of the interview? It seems that the latest news is that the file is on it's way, via DHL, to Paris and that an interview date is already scheduled. Is that correct? If I call the NVC on Monday, will they tell me the interview date? Thank you.

CEAC Visa status check:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.