Grace & Irfan

Call from Embassy - But now what ?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello All,

My fiance received a call from the embassy on November 26th , the person who called said that our K1 visa had been approved . He asked my fiance to send a new medical , passport photos and also his passport ( which he had due to traveling for work ). My fiance was so excited . He said he asked the guy over and over if our visa was ready , and the guy said yes it is , please send the information by American express.

So on November 29th we sent all the requested things by mail. Our case updated on December 6th , then December 9th but still says Administrative Processing. We called Department of State and asked what is happening . The department of state said we received your information , you are still in AP .I told them about the phone calll , and they said there was no problem with the case. They would not say anything else .

Is this normal ? The case has not updated in a few days , it does not say ready or issued .... just AP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Grace,

My husband is in the same situation. We got a call on Nov 24th and they said they were ready to make a decision they just needed 2 passport size photos and DS260 immediately ... our case updated on Dec 3,4,5 and then stopped on the ninth. Wish you best of luck I hope Dec marks the end of your Journey.

Timeline

Grace Islamabad embassy is slow. They must have gotten your documents from the mail room and put them in the computer system on the 6th. Give it some more time.

Timeline

Hi Grace,

My husband is in the same situation. We got a call on Nov 24th and they said they were ready to make a decision they just needed 2 passport size photos and DS260 immediately ... our case updated on Dec 3,4,5 and then stopped on the ninth. Wish you best of luck I hope Dec marks the end of your Journey.

Please let me know if anything changes , and I will do the same for you .

Grace Islamabad embassy is slow. They must have gotten your documents from the mail room and put them in the computer system on the 6th. Give it some more time.

Just so paranoid . Ive waited almost 2 years - dont know this one week has been so hard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Grace I understand how you feel. My husband is in AP for the second time. We were in AP 16 months and they denied our visa. We appealed and won. When our case was sent back to the embassy they put us in AP again. So far we have spent 17 months in AP this time. They work on our case for a week or 2 then they stop. They asked for new documents in March then when they got them they didn't work on our case for months. My husband went in for an interview in October. They have stopped working on our case again.

It's an emotional roller coaster ride. Thank God they told you guys they were going to issue the visa. I believe we are dealing with the worse embassy in the world. Try to calm yourself and just continue to wait and pray.

Timeline

hi Grace

I'm in AP for the past 5 months and they updated my status ONLY once let alone a single call

sometimes I feel they've totally forgotten my case

he's defo gonna get the visa one of these days don't worry

good luck :)

Timeline

my case update this month 3, 9, and 10 and than stop, I am on AP more than a year now..i hope this month will be gud for us..but they didn't asked me for any fresh document or medical yet..

We were in Ap 13 months 1 day when we got the call asking for new documents .

Timeline

Grace I understand how you feel. My husband is in AP for the second time. We were in AP 16 months and they denied our visa. We appealed and won. When our case was sent back to the embassy they put us in AP again. So far we have spent 17 months in AP this time. They work on our case for a week or 2 then they stop. They asked for new documents in March then when they got them they didn't work on our case for months. My husband went in for an interview in October. They have stopped working on our case again.

It's an emotional roller coaster ride. Thank God they told you guys they were going to issue the visa. I believe we are dealing with the worse embassy in the world. Try to calm yourself and just continue to wait and pray.

Good luck on your journey , I hope they approve you soon . I know how bad this wait is and yours has already been twice as long as mine ... Allah has a plan for u

Timeline

Hello All,

My fiance received a call from the embassy on November 26th , the person who called said that our K1 visa had been approved . He asked my fiance to send a new medical , passport photos and also his passport ( which he had due to traveling for work ). My fiance was so excited . He said he asked the guy over and over if our visa was ready , and the guy said yes it is , please send the information by American express.

So on November 29th we sent all the requested things by mail. Our case updated on December 6th , then December 9th but still says Administrative Processing. We called Department of State and asked what is happening . The department of state said we received your information , you are still in AP .I told them about the phone calll , and they said there was no problem with the case. They would not say anything else .

Is this normal ? The case has not updated in a few days , it does not say ready or issued .... just AP

Hi Grace i recieved a call too. And my visa has already been issued. if the guy said its approved on the phone then you should get it soon. The guy on called me said the same too. Alot of k-1 filers are getting thier visas issued. So wish you best of luck:-)

So excited for you all! It must be so close to being in your hands!!! Good luck!

10/26/03 Met in Yahoo chat room
06-2004 Glyn flies to Boston for 2 week holiday with me in White Mountains
06/07/2006- HE PROPOSES!!
12/13/2006- Glyn and Simon the best man fly in for wedding.
December 16,2006- Happiest day of my life
12/25/2006- Best and worst Christmas ever. Glyn flies back to England at 6 pm Christmas Night.
02/19/2007- UK spousal visa approved in NY after only 4 days.
March 2,2007- Reunited in England with Glyn.
01/21/2008-mailed I-130 to USCIS in London
01/24/2008-NOA1
04/13/2008-Panic. RFE received
April 17, 2008-Mailed off again.
April 22, 2008-NOA2 received dated April 21, 2008.
April 26, 2008-Packet 3 received
April 28, 2008-Mailed off DS-230
May06,2008-Packet 3 sent
May 08, 2008-Medical scheduled
May 22,2008-Packet 4 received
June 03,2008-Interview APPROVED!!!!!

June 04, 2008-Visa in hand
June 20, 2008-Shippers come for our things.
June 25, 2008-Flying to the USA
November 15, 2010-Sent off VERY late I-751 along with many prayers.
04/09/2011-10 year GC arrives in mail.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued

04/16/2013-I-130 sent off-----04/19/2013 NOA1

05/15/2013-NOA2

Never received packet 3 although it was mailed to us on May 29th

07/17/2013-Sent off packet 3 after finally getting ALL our documents together

08/19/2013-Medical scheduled (there were earlier appointments but unfortunately, we couldn't get there for them due to hubby's work)

09/24/2013-Interview APPROVED

11/01/2013-POE BOSTON

01/13/2014-10 Year green card received

03/09/2019- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box for step-son

03/20/2019- NOA 1

08/10/2019-NOA 2

Patience is the only option, I think it is good news that they requested your passport and it's just a matter of time.

Wish you best of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wait a month or so, if it is still not issued then I would recommend calling your Senator for an inquiry.

My fiance and I had the same thing happen to us (received approval call, submitted paperwork, only one date update when embassy received the paperwork, called DOS and was told paperwork was received but still in AP). Two months later, I reached out to my Senator and found out we were placed in a second AP.

Hopefully that will not happen with your case. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.