TonyCH

Turning 21 soon! Need advice!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hello guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm really concerned and wanted to know if you guys could help?

My uncle filled for my mom an F4 case, in August 2004. We got approved in October 2009, so our waiting time is roughly 5 years. I'm currently 20 years old, and will turn 21 in May 2014. Do I have to do anything before I turn 21? Send any letters, any emails? Pay any fees? Get an attorney?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I'm desperate to know more, and don't want to miss the chance to get papers too!

Thank You in advance, and good luck to you all!

USCIS

Priority Date: August 28th, 2004

(August)08/20/2004 I-130 Fedex to Vermont

(September)09/01/2004 NOA1 (Received)

(November)10/16/2009 NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

(November)10/19/2009 NVC case number assigned

(May) 05/11/2017 Case opened for further processing

(May) 05/11/2017 DS261 Submitted

(May) 05/21/2017 DS260s Submitted for All three aplicants

(Feb) 02/17/2018 Case Completed

(March) 03/06/2018 Visa Interview Scheduled at US Embassy Skopje

(April) 04/17/2018 Visa Interview -- APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So cpsa should cover you for about the next 5 years you take your real age and suptract approval date from reciept of petition date to get your immigration age

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You do nothing.

When your mother's case becomes current in a few years, you will be included. The US Embassy will do the CSPA calculations.

Because it took 5 years to approve the I-130, you have an extra 5 years. As long as you are under age 26 (21+5), CSPA covers you.

Do nothing until your uncle gets contacted to continue the process at the NVC in a few years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.