32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Salaam and peace, ya'll! Here is our CEAC timeline for those interested (we are via the embassy in Kingston, JA for our K-1 visa)

*Nov. 1 Interview at embassy

result: temporary denial while they decide validity of my foreign divorce

*Nov. 7 CEAC case created (for fiance and his son)

My fiance was called, told the case had been decided, please bring passports in on Nov. 12

*Nov. 12 Fiance dropped off his and his son's passport at the embassy was given no paper or confirmation

*Nov. 12 His son's CEAC was updated on that day but still said "Ready" My fiance's was NOT. :(

*Nov. 20 Here is what I just saw:

Application ID or Case Number: KNG********** Case Creation Date: 07-Nov-2013 Status Updated Date: 20-Nov-2013
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

So, insha'Allah (God willing), it looks like we are nearing the end! I think this is the standard message when they are processing your visa, yes? Just wondering if everyone's says "this processing can take several weeks"?

Thanks ya'll, I'm feel positive!!!

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Also, is there anyway to add CEAC data to our timeline? I didn't see it, was curious. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mine says the same thing so I am guessing it finally coming to the end because at the interview we were not required to provide any other documents....

I guess we are in the same situation...will definitely check back tomorrow and friday...

good luck and congrats

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

At the end of the message it says if it is approved it will be mailed/ processed within 2 business days. That doesn't mean 2 days from now, it means 2 days from when AP is over and it has final approval. There is no way to estimate how long AP will last, it could be a few days, a few weeks, or several months or more. Unfortunately waiting is the only thing to do. We had AP, I know the feeling.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Mine says the same thing so I am guessing it finally coming to the end because at the interview we were not required to provide any other documents....

I guess we are in the same situation...will definitely check back tomorrow and friday...

good luck and congrats

Just because more documents weren't required doesn't mean AP will only last a few days. My husbands AP lasted 10 weeks and he wasn't asked off anything more at the interview. I hope this isn't the case for you, bug be prepared just in case. Good luck.

Timeline

We always prepare for the worst but pray for the best. :) One thing in our favor, even though alhamdulillah we are Muslim, is the fact that my husband does not live in one of the 26 mandatory additional administrative processing countries nor has he traveled to one in the last 15 years so insha'Allah that will work in our favor.

However, we surely are not buying a ticket until he has his passport in-hand! Thanks for your input. :)

Timeline

My fiance wasn't asked for anything; we had all of our papers in order. The only issue was the embassy wasn't familiar with Islamic divorces from India which is what I had. It is absolutely legal and recognized by the Indian court and thus, allowable by Department of State standards. So they just had to research it and they realized they were incorrect to temporarily deny our visa. So there was no burden of proof or RFE on our part, they just needed to do their due diligence and make sure everything was in order. :)

God willing, Extreme, we'll both be united with our fiances soon. :) Happy that ya'll are through yours after 10 long weeks Mimolicious. I can imagine how hard that was.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Issued in just 6 days that's fantastic. I hope we have such luck next week when hubby has his interview.

August 4 2012: filed i130

December 5 2012: noa1

May 8:2013: noa2

June 3 2013: case received at NVC

August 26 2013: AOS package received at NVC

Sept 19 2013: case complete

October 1 2013: interview date received from NVC

Nov 26 2013: interview

Timeline

Extreme that is AWESOME! So happy for ya'll... MINE SAYS ISSUED TOO!!! I just checked! Well alhamdulillah and praise God!!!!!

My step-son to-be however still says Administrative Processing. iA (God willing) they just haven't gotten to his yet. Ohhh so excited!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.