nadia&sameer

Is there any way to interview without original passport?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Has anyone had an issue with not having their original passport while interviewing in London? I am from US, my fiance from Pakistan, but was living in UK when we applied for K1 visa. We entered that we wanted to interview in Islamabad, but the file has been sent to London instead. My fiance had applied for an extension on his UK visa, but after almost a year was denied. He did not recieve the denial letter until it was already too late to leave the UK without overstaying so we decided to have him stay until it was time to interview in Pakistan. Right now the home office in London has his passport which he cannot get back until he leaves the country. Our question is, is it possible to interview in the UK now that our file has been sent there even if he only has a copy of his passport? Is it possible for the home office to send his passport directly to the US embassy for interviewing? We have been trying to get the file transferred to Pakistan with no luck and were hoping maybe we could just interview in UK then have him go back to Pakistan. Any insight would be appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The best thing for you to do is contact the embassy, they are the only people who can answer this question with any certainty. Ultimately it is up to them. Good luck.

See this post.

At least he must has his passport with him during the interview:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/464567-my-fiance-overstayed-uk-wstudent-visa-expk-1-approved-embassy-aware-of-expiration/

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Same situation happened to me in last January my passport hold by Home office and US embassy london requesting updated documents with original passport. So what I did I emailed US embassy london and described my situation they transfer my case to islamabad embassy in a month time. (17 jan - 21 feb) Islamabad embassy contact me.

Without a passport US Embassy london not proceed your case, they need passport as well as visa for certain time to complete a procedure.

Best of Luck.

God bless all.

Has anyone had an issue with not having their original passport while interviewing in London? I am from US, my fiance from Pakistan, but was living in UK when we applied for K1 visa. We entered that we wanted to interview in Islamabad, but the file has been sent to London instead. My fiance had applied for an extension on his UK visa, but after almost a year was denied. He did not recieve the denial letter until it was already too late to leave the UK without overstaying so we decided to have him stay until it was time to interview in Pakistan. Right now the home office in London has his passport which he cannot get back until he leaves the country. Our question is, is it possible to interview in the UK now that our file has been sent there even if he only has a copy of his passport? Is it possible for the home office to send his passport directly to the US embassy for interviewing? We have been trying to get the file transferred to Pakistan with no luck and were hoping maybe we could just interview in UK then have him go back to Pakistan. Any insight would be appreciated.

I know of one case who interviewed in London without a passport, but the home office had not returned it after extending a student visa. UKHO had it for 6-7 months past approving the extension and all attempts to find it or get an answer were basically ignored. UKHO were very difficult to deal with. The member (MARM) had postponed their interview multiple times. Finally London let him attend without a passport, but they still had to have to passport eventually to stick the visa inside. The visa is part of the passport so without a passport, no visa. The Pakistan embassy would not issue a new passport in case you were thinking of that. Your case is different because they are holding yours and didn't just misplace it. He eventually got his back so got the visa issued by London.

I believe the proper route is Islamabad must request your file from London. Have you tried to communicate with Islamabad with your case numbers and details and ask that your file be officially requested from London? You may also inquire if London can initiate the transfer. London must be contacted using this form http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Cases are transferred between embassies, so you just haven't found the right contact to make it happen.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.