cristi1231

Contents of Packets 3 and 4 from Embassy in Lima

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

We filed for a K1 visa and my fiance and I have gotten all the way to the assigned interview step.

They gave us a December interview date via email after I asked and they also sent us the interview checklist for my fiance. We asked to reschedule as soon as they emailed us back, so today I confirmed that they did not mail my fiance anything since we decided to reschedule. All we have is the old interview letter pre-rescheduling and the checklist that we got via email.

I believe those two items are packet 4, correct? I've been reading around and I can't figure out what packet 3 is. The US embassy Lima page seems outdated still as it still includes the old forms and not the new DS 160 form. The checklist we got specifically says to use the online DS 160 form so we know it applies to this embassy. But on the embassy page there is no info on packet 3.

I can't find a really current thread on this, so I would appreciate information from any VJers out there who have recently received information from the Lima embassy via mail. It's starting to look like packet 3 doesn't apply for Peru?

Thank you!

Edited by cristi1231

FIANCE (K1) VISA
[2013-06-15] ENGAGED
[2013-08-02] I-129F Petition Mailed

[2014-01-30] Interview Date - APPROVE

CITIZENSHIP 

Lost track of everything but he became a citizen in Tampa, FL on January 23, 2020!

Now on a Journey to bring his mother from Peru 

gonzamayi_visajourney.jpg.a51facde424a27c41921e585c9db7ee3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Well, xD

This is all I could find.... x_X

http://emilylikestomakestuffdiy.blogspot.com/p/immigration-adventures.html

I hope it's somewhat helpful?

You might want to call the embassy and ask them what do you need to send...

-Mari-

Naturalization Journey: 

- January 25th, 2019 - Filed N400 form online [Seattle,WA office]

- January 25th, 2019 - NOA1

- January 26th, 2019 - Priority Date

- February 2nd, 2019 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

- February 20th, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- August 29th, 2019 - Interview Scheduled! [October 7th, 2019 in Portland, OR]

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

- October 25th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

- November 6th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony [in Portland, OR]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Packet 3 doesn't apply for Peru, but the ds-160 you should be able to complete anytime you want. I got a letter from NVC directing me to have my fiance start the ds-160. We filled it out last night. It's relatively simple, it took about 1 hour. You need to upload a digital current passport photo of yourself for it as well. We're in the process of waiting for an appointment date, or case was ready yesterday. Ahhh.. so excited, but impatient. I wish we knew our date!!! :)

Did you guys get your new date yet for Jan?

AOS

April 18th 2014 - I-485 in acceptance.

June 26th 2014 - EAD/AP approved.

July 2nd 2014 - EAD/AP card arrived in the mail.

August 2nd 2014 - Potential Interview Waiver letter.

Jan 22nd 2015 - Submitted service request to USCIS on delay.

Jan 28th 2015 - Answer to service request that it's still being processed, and apologized for the delay.

Feb 26th 2015 - Jan 26th 2015- Sent in EAD to be renewed.

March 4th 2015- Renewal of EAD received by USCIS.

April 8th 2015 - I-485 Approved / Welcome letter sent.

April 13th 2015 - Welcome letter recieved.

April 15th 2015 - Card mailed.

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Well, xD

This is all I could find.... x_X

http://emilylikestomakestuffdiy.blogspot.com/p/immigration-adventures.html

I hope it's somewhat helpful?

You might want to call the embassy and ask them what do you need to send...

-Mari-

Thank you! I think i've been to that site before haha. Yeah I will probably email them. It just takes a few emails back and forth for them to finally understand my question. So wanted to try here first lol

Packet 3 doesn't apply for Peru, but the ds-160 you should be able to complete anytime you want. I got a letter from NVC directing me to have my fiance start the ds-160. We filled it out last night. It's relatively simple, it took about 1 hour. You need to upload a digital current passport photo of yourself for it as well. We're in the process of waiting for an appointment date, or case was ready yesterday. Ahhh.. so excited, but impatient. I wish we knew our date!!! smile.png

Did you guys get your new date yet for Jan?

That's what it looks like to me... Maybe it doesn't apply to peru or maybe the DS160 took place of that? We started filling it out! My fiance doesn't have a laptop or internet and every other day he's on a boat which is his job so I'm filling it out for him since it would be difficult to do so on his phone haha. It's taking us some time because I can't go further until I get more info from him.

Not yet! We'll know after our original date of december 2nd has passed. They asked me to send a reminder email of the rescheduling then. A whole month of waiting! So we're gathering stuff in the mean time.

If packet 3 doesn't apply to Peru, then we'll continue as is with the checklist they gave us! :P

FIANCE (K1) VISA
[2013-06-15] ENGAGED
[2013-08-02] I-129F Petition Mailed

[2014-01-30] Interview Date - APPROVE

CITIZENSHIP 

Lost track of everything but he became a citizen in Tampa, FL on January 23, 2020!

Now on a Journey to bring his mother from Peru 

gonzamayi_visajourney.jpg.a51facde424a27c41921e585c9db7ee3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.