Penny Lane

A woman in ND is giving this out to overweight kids on Halloween.

63 posts in this topic

Everyone knows its the woman's job to buy/Make and hand out the candy

Geez

The Beotch could have just made a statement by handing out healthy treats to all

shebeast is as nice as i can be.

She could give out some breakfast bars. Something with low calorie and sugar. She doesn't have to be mean about it.

It is great that she is paying attention to children's health, but she is going about it the wrong way.

Folks keep confusing being truthful and helpful with being rude and condenscending.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

She could give out some breakfast bars. Something with low calorie and sugar. She doesn't have to be mean about it.

It is great that she is paying attention to children's health, but she is going about it the wrong way.

Seriously which kid wants that for Halloween?

It’s once in a year let the kids enjoy……. eating habit is not the only reason why we have obesity problem.

Seriously which kid wants that for Halloween?

It’s once in a year let the kids enjoy……. eating habit is not the only reason why we have obesity problem.

There is low calorie and low sugar candy that taste great!!!! You can give this to a kid and they will not know the difference. They will only know it is candy and sweet.

I am not saying that candy and sweets are the only reasons for obesity, you just said that.

Edited by Janelle2002

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There is low calorie and low sugar candy that taste great!!!! You can give this to a kid and they will not know the difference. They will only know it is candy and sweet.

I am not saying that candy and sweets are the only reasons for obesity, you just said that.

If you are saying candies and sweets are not making them obese, pls let them enjoy it.

Edited by Harsh_77

halloween is brainwashing the young to grow up to be takers instead of makers. door to door, demanding handouts, give me some candy or i'll tp your lawn..

halloween is brainwashing the young to grow up to be takers instead of makers. door to door, demanding handouts, give me some candy or i'll tp your lawn..

I am agreeing with you all over the place lately.

You are right

Halloween

Oboma Care

Same principal

If you are saying candies and sweets are not making them obese, pls let them enjoy it.

Candies and sweets are part of the problem, but not completely. Nothing is wrong with giving healthier candy that is still tasty to kids.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

This woman is coming from a place of pure narcissism. She gives zero f*cks about negatively impacting a child with her condescending, passive aggressive letter. She claims to want better for children but has absolutely no problem with publicly shaming them. She just cares about the imagined power she's given herself.

People like this are the freaking worst.

Bullying and depression more often than not compound a vicious cycle of yo-yo dieting and eating disorders. Singling out kids in particular always hurts more than helps them. I know if I was one of those kids who received that letter the only thing that would make me feel better would be eating the candy I got from other houses.

Healthier lifestyle programs adopted by schools and communities that reach out to all kids to eat better and exercise are much more effective than the measures some schools have taken to single out the fat kids (ex. letters to parents). All kids can benefit from eating less sugar and being more active. Developing healthier habits as kids can go along way toward helping them make better health choices later as adults.

But some smug b*tches never grew out of high school and still like making the fat kids cry. Weight can come and go but being a stuck up c*** is a chronic affliction.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Maltesers are a confectionery product manufactured by Mars, Incorporated. Maltesers consist of a roughly spherical malt honeycomb centre, surrounded by milk chocolate. They are most popular in Denmark, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Spain, Ireland, Canada, France, Hong Kong, Iceland and Portugal.[citation needed] Maltesers are sold in a variety of packaging, including plastic bags (ranging in size from small 'fun-size' upwards), larger cardboard boxes and tubes, and plastic buckets (ranging in size from medium to very large). They also have medium sized "teasers" in Celebrations boxes. Maltesers are also one of the types of sweet included in Mars's Revels assortment.

In February 2013, Maltesers were sold in Faroe Islands, Austria, Italy, Malta, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Switzerland, Macao, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Australia, New Zealand, Slovenia, the Isle of Man and the United Kingdom.

History

Maltesers were created by Forrest Mars, Sr. in 1936, and first sold in 1937. They were originally described as "energy balls" and aimed at slimming women.[1]

The current Maltesers' slogan is "The lighter way to enjoy chocolate" - earlier slogans have included "The chocolates with the less fattening centre", "No ordinary chocolate" and "Nothing pleases like Maltesers". The Australian version also contains the line: "Made in Australia... ...exported to the world." In the 1930s, advertisements claimed that the Maltesers honeycomb centre is seven times less fattening than ordinary chocolate centres; this led marketers to claim it was beneficial for weight loss.[citation needed]

In 2011, the product gained Fairtrade accreditation in the UK and Ireland by sourcing all their cocoa and sugar under Fairtrade Terms.[2]

It appears their candy is a lot healthier than our candy.

Edited by Janelle2002

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Portion size, which has dramatically risen among average American households, is one of the main obesity culprits. But nutrient and protein poor processed foods and unnecessary carbs don't trail far behind.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho