The Nature Boy

Obama administration knew millions could not keep their health insurance

119 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

lol. same as the old "you didn't build that line" some of you folks were so eager to regurgitate over and over and over again.

of course this is affecting average people, it is affecting everyone - as it should. i don't understand what it is with people today, it's like you think life is all roses and you're the only person on the planet. me me me. but then again, we're not exactly dealing with a bunch of saints, considering most don't even believe healthcare is a right. we're not dealing with a bunch of rocket scientists either, because no matter how many times you are given facts that reflect the obvious piss poor health care system we pay way too much for, you still insist on fighting to allow insurance corporations to pown you.

and seriously, if america could just pull it's tea partyin head out of it's #######, we'd get real and make a swift and final change to a single payer system. end of story.

One thing that we see in your post which is EXACTLY as I predicted.

Whenever Gov't fails.... when it does more harm than good or the cost can no justify the benifit, one thing we can always count on:The Progressives to double down and claim we just need Gov't involved further.

THis is why I predicted, this intrusive confiscation of the free enterprise system will in the end, be one more tentacle choking what life is left out of this economy.

Hastening it's last hurrah as it settles into third world status. Our lives managed by the very people we deserve.

2.jpg

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

1) i don't know yet. but tell me, how comfortable will you be deciding that you'll never be in the position to need someone else's help to take care of you when your sick? are you a millionaire? independently wealthy? because all of you b*tching and moaning about your premiums going up would certainly feel differently if you were sick, but could get better, if only you had enough money. prepare a dialog to have with your family, explaining, hey - the science for me to get better is there but i can't afford it and i only deserve treatment if my bank account can back me up.

2) what do you think will happen if enough people can't afford their new premiums? do you think the world will simply collapse or the system will be forced to check itself and correct the situation?

1) My Insurance coverage prior to ACA was / is satisfactory. I'm not worried about becoming any1s dependent. Even when I need some1 to wipe the drool off my chin. I have that covered too = LTC Insurance. So for me? I'm cool except for ACA. I have a very long explanation why I don't like ACA but that's not your question. Maybe next time.

2) People will drop out. Pay the fine and move on. Unfortunately...the system's check = raise premiums again and again until = implodes. In the meantime.... ACA is a vampire sucking the life out of an already dying middle class.

Keep in mind. I'm a capitalist. I don't give a rats wazoo what happens to the other guy unless it impacts me in ways that are more negative than positive. I believe in survival of the fittest. (But) I also have a charitable / compassionate side = willing to help those in need...but ...ACA is NOT charity. It's a mandated tax increase to feed Insurance companies, Unions & our bloated federal gov. & What's worse...it's a circus ran by clowns.

(but) I'm not a total road kill = How many times did the Wright brothers fail to fly? None - it's called process of development. wink.png

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: Timeline

tell me, what exactly has the right done to fix our broken, completely kaput, healthcare system?

i'll tell you what they brought..obamacare. before it was officially obamacare. boy that kenyan sure does throw a wrench in things.

That's exactly right. And the right has thus effectively proven that it never comes up with any decent idea.

That's exactly right. And the right has thus effectively proven that it never comes up with any decent idea.

& the left took the only idea the right came up with and made it law = ACA. Kudos.

Hastening it's last hurrah as it settles into third world status. Our lives managed by the very people we deserve.

2.jpg

um, what's with the .jpg of a revival (i'm guessing)? running out of semi relevant visual aides?

and i don't want more big goverment the way it is now. i have a bit of a tea party streak (yeah i'll admit it) and think government infrastructure needs to grow and have much more community involvment at local levels. no more of this political hollywood bs.

um, what's with the .jpg of a revival (i'm guessing)? running out of semi relevant visual aides?

and i don't want more big goverment the way it is now. i have a bit of a tea party streak (yeah i'll admit it) and think government infrastructure needs to grow and have much more community involvment at local levels. no more of this political hollywood bs.

I've kept out of this discussion because I have the military healthcare for my family. I just wanted to say Val and MBD, you do a great job explaining things when it comes to ACA.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

1) My Insurance coverage prior to ACA was / is satisfactory. I'm not worried about becoming any1s dependent. Even when I need some1 to wipe the drool off my chin. I have that covered too = LTC Insurance. So for me? I'm cool except for ACA. I have a very long explanation why I don't like ACA but that's not your question. Maybe next time.

2) People will drop out. Pay the fine and move on. Unfortunately...the system's check = raise premiums again and again until = implodes. In the meantime.... ACA is a vampire sucking the life out of an already dying middle class.

Keep in mind. I'm a capitalist. I don't give a rats wazoo what happens to the other guy unless it impacts me in ways that are more negative than positive. I believe in survival of the fittest. (But) I also have a charitable / compassionate side = willing to help those in need...but ...ACA is NOT charity. It's a mandated tax increase to feed Insurance companies, Unions & our bloated federal gov. & What's worse...it's a circus ran by clowns.

(but) I'm not a total road kill = How many times did the Wright brothers fail to fly? None - it's called process of development. wink.png

it's nice that you don't have to worry about ever needing anyone else's money. nice that you're covered no matter what. so what do you think might happen to this country if the people who have everything covered are so miniscule in number that the havenots take your cover away from you or render your cover no longer valid? survival of the fittest is for the jungle, not civilized society. i guess that's why alex jones sells so many heirloom seeds and build it yourself prefab bunkers.

if you think that your fellow man's health and ability to thrive is of little or no consequence to you, because you're top dog in your own little world, that's a bit naive in my book.

i never said aca was charity, did i? i don't think it is at all.

it's nice that you don't have to worry about ever needing anyone else's money. nice that you're covered no matter what. so what do you think might happen to this country if the people who have everything covered are so miniscule in number that the havenots take your cover away from you or render your cover no longer valid? survival of the fittest is for the jungle, not civilized society. i guess that's why alex jones sells so many heirloom seeds and build it yourself prefab bunkers.

if you think that your fellow man's health and ability to thrive is of little or no consequence to you, because you're top dog in your own little world, that's a bit naive in my book.

i never said aca was charity, did i? i don't think it is at all.

You're really into Halloween this year huh? Already got your costume on....

tin-foil-hat-woman.jpg

Your lack of real life experience makes the Kool - Aid more effective. Please...for your own good...put the cup down.

Reality = ACA is not going to cure what ails us. It's a step ...but in the wrong direction.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

I've kept out of this discussion because I have the military healthcare for my family. I just wanted to say Val and MBD, you do a great job explaining things when it comes to ACA.

thanks marvin. it's just this hypocrisy and ignorance mixed with the false premise of american exceptionalism. i can't stand it.

americans are so spoiled, and self involved..even the old hard assed conservatives sound like a bunch of whiney teenagers. "but.but, this sounds like it won't be easy, this sounds like we might have to sacrifice a bit"

when it came down to rolling the cameras on 'the big shutdown', well you've never seen a braver bunch of folks all ready to fight the good fight and let the cards fall as they may.

You're really into Halloween this year huh? Already got your costume on....

tin-foil-hat-woman.jpg

Your lack of real life experience makes the Kool - Aid more effective. Please...for your own good...put the cup down.

Reality = ACA is not going to cure what ails us. It's a step ...but in the wrong direction.

and you know my of my real life experiences how? you're scaring me. do i know you?

thanks marvin. it's just this hypocrisy and ignorance mixed with the false premise of american exceptionalism. i can't stand it.

americans are so spoiled, and self involved..even the old hard assed conservatives sound like a bunch of whiney teenagers. "but.but, this sounds like it won't be easy, this sounds like we might have to sacrifice a bit"

when it came down to rolling the cameras on 'the big shutdown', well you've never seen a braver bunch of folks all ready to fight the good fight and let the cards fall as they may.

It's easy for you to shout hypocrisy = you will be subsidized....right?

I feel you. My wife picked up on that a couple of months in being here. She was like, you guys are so entitled.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

It's easy for you to shout hypocrisy = you will be subsidized....right?

subsidized by who?

what are you worried about, you're covered. you'll never be at the mercy of an insurance company - you're set.

and you know my of my real life experiences how? you're scaring me. do i know you?

I read your POV. Your argument is based on rhetoric & supposition. You have stated in other posts - you live paycheck to paycheck = you haven't swam in the insurance pool deep end. Only the kiddie pool. That means you do not have any real life experience to tell me how the "have nots" will take my coverage away from me. You just toss it out like a street corner doomsday prophet. & FYI - That's paranoid rhetoric in a cup drank by the ignorant & naïve.

ACA is made for you. That's why you fight for it. So you can take from me & others like me to help yourself & others like you. That's my BG based on your argument & other admissions.

subsidized by who?

what are you worried about, you're covered. you'll never be at the mercy of an insurance company - you're set.

See my prior post. smile.png

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me