substance

What would you do?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

after a very long and painfull visajourney, the officer at the embassy rejects your visa application and furthermore puts a 3 year ban on your passport. and say some weeks after this, in a nice satuday afternoon you see the very same guy having a coffee at the coffee shop you are passing by. What would you do? lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

He was doing his job, i would just leave him alone.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
after a very long and painfull visajourney, the officer at the embassy rejects your visa application and furthermore puts a 3 year ban on your passport. and say some weeks after this, in a nice satuday afternoon you see the very same guy having a coffee at the coffee shop you are passing by. What would you do? lol

I wouldn't do anything. The guy is just a bureaucrat that is following the laws and guidelines set into place by someone else farther up the food chain. He's just doing his job...nothing personal. He could get himself in a lot of legal trouble by being a so called "nice guy" and breaking the law to let something slide by illegally.

Whether he lets something slide by due to bribery or by being a so called "nice guy"...he'll still be in deep sh!t.

There are ways to appeal wrong decisions made by one lone bureaucrat, so more than likely it sounds like you would have gotten the same result from another embassy officer too. You don't get a 3 year ban for no reason at all.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When we dont like the message, we just cant shoot the messenger but at times its sure tempting :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Leave him be!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I'd leave him be...

try to remember how many times... you might have been the last man on the totem pole to deliver a decision wether or not it was a acceptible outcome.... in the case of the agent.. he may or maynot have a whole lot into the total decision on why it was denied... and.. if there was a 3yr ban.. I agree.. the person getting the ban... had to know what he/she was doing could have such a outcome... actions=reactions

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

On a serious note.... what does a person need to do to be banned for 3 years? What could cause that?

My interview is coming up and even though I'm clean, I want to know as much as I can.

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On a serious note.... what does a person need to do to be banned for 3 years? What could cause that?

My interview is coming up and even though I'm clean, I want to know as much as I can.

I have seen people get up to a 10 yr ban for excessive cleanliness.

Just teasing you- don't worry you'll be fine.

I believe reasons for such a ban could be prior problems with immigration or drug use or convictions.

He probably wouldn't even remember you if you did approach him. Live and let live.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.