Sifa

NOA2 wait over a year

65 posts in this topic

Hey guys, we have been waiting for NOA2 for over a year now. Got RFE and have been waiting for close to five months now and there is no response in spite of us calling CSC everyday. Anyone experiencing this. Is it normal for RFE to take over five months?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That sounds too long. From what I have read most people usually get a decision post RFE less than a month. Did you get a notice that USCIS received your RFE? Is it a complicated RFE?

Are you waiting for RFE response for over five months now, please share your experience here. And lets help one another. I have been waiting for over that time and the torture is too much!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Similar topics merged.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Yes I did receive the notice that they received the response. Have sent in service requests several times and they comfirm that they have it. However they tell me that they dont know when they will respond to my rfe,that I just need to wait. I responded to everything they asked for: flight itenerary of our three meetings after filing K 1 petition, photos, boarding passes, all pages of both of our passports, affidavits from friends and family, and letters and emails, all they asked for. Here is what they sent me for rfe:

TWO YEAR MEETING REQUIREMENT
Submit evidence that you and your fiancd(e) have met each other in person at some time during the two-
year period from January 25,2011 until January 25,2013, the filing date of your petition. Evidence
should include, but is not limited to:

o Your own statement which must include the date, place, and circumstances of your meeting. If
you submit a personal statement it must be supported by additional evidence.
. Copies of travel documents (itineraries, tickets, hotel accommodations, etc.).
. Photos (date and place of the photo must be handwritten on photos).
r Letters written to each other after your meeting(s), referencing the specific date and place of your
meeting(s).

Photocopies of your passport and/or your fianc6(e)'s passport, (including biographical data pages
and pages showing entry and exit stamps) showing that you have both been present in a given
location at the same time.
Affidavits of friends, neighbors, or other knowledgeable associates. All affidavits must conform to
the guidelines cited below:

Written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons, other than yourself and the
person you are petitioning for, who were living at the time the events(s) occurred, and who
have personal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove. The persons making the
affidavits may be relatives and need not be citizens of the United States. Each affidavit
must contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or
her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you, if any; full
information concerning the event; and complete details concerning how he or she acquired
knowledge of the event.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes I did receive the notice that they received the response. Have sent in service requests several times and they comfirm that they have it. However they tell me that they dont know when they will respond to my rfe,that I just need to wait. I responded to everything they asked for: flight itenerary of our three meetings after filing K 1 petition, photos, boarding passes, all pages of both of our passports, affidavits from friends and family, and letters and emails, all they asked for. Here is what they sent me for rfe:

TWO YEAR MEETING REQUIREMENT

Submit evidence that you and your fiancd(e) have met each other in person at some time during the two-

year period from January 25,2011 until January 25,2013, the filing date of your petition. Evidence

should include, but is not limited to:

o Your own statement which must include the date, place, and circumstances of your meeting. If

you submit a personal statement it must be supported by additional evidence.

. Copies of travel documents (itineraries, tickets, hotel accommodations, etc.).

. Photos (date and place of the photo must be handwritten on photos).

r Letters written to each other after your meeting(s), referencing the specific date and place of your

meeting(s).

Photocopies of your passport and/or your fianc6(e)'s passport, (including biographical data pages

and pages showing entry and exit stamps) showing that you have both been present in a given

location at the same time.

Affidavits of friends, neighbors, or other knowledgeable associates. All affidavits must conform to

the guidelines cited below:

Written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons, other than yourself and the

person you are petitioning for, who were living at the time the events(s) occurred, and who

have personal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove. The persons making the

affidavits may be relatives and need not be citizens of the United States. Each affidavit

must contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or

her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you, if any; full

information concerning the event; and complete details concerning how he or she acquired

knowledge of the event.

Did you meet your fiancee within 2 years prior to filing the I-129F?

Did you meet your fiancee within 2 years prior to filing the I-129F?

That is my thoughts to. His reply as to what he sent, was not what they were asking for. They don't care about meetings after he applied, they need proof they were in each other's presence in the two year period before they applied for the K-1. If they didn't meet in that time period and prove it, they will be denied.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Meeting after you filed doesn't count. Did you meet within the 2 years BEFORE you sent the petition? If you didn't or if you did and only sent the proof of meeting after you sent the petition is what is holding you up. They want proof you met within 2 years prior to filing, what you sent was wrong.

Yes, we had met before filing, we met last year. The problem was that when we met we didnt take any photos together and so we sent some infor that we had met in two years, but it wasnt that convincing thats why they gave us the rfe. But after the rfe and us responding with all they wanted, why take so long? why didnt they deny us from the word go and instead gave us the rfe, and after responding they are taking forever, is this normal?

We met last year, and when we filed we sent in the proof, but I think it wasnt enough for them thats why we got an rfe, if it was a denial case, they wouldnt have given us an rfe. I think it was a second chance; we addressed our whole meeting before the rfe acurately in the rfe response. We are thinking of involving an immigration lawyer, hope it helps

How I wish they had denied us before they sent us the RFE, if it was to take this long. We would have another chance of reapplying early.

We became friends after we met and only started dating when we were both far apart, and decided to file the k 1 when we were apart. Didnt know it would affect us this much. We are however trusting God that things will turn out in our best interest

How I wish they had denied us before they sent us the RFE, if it was to take this long. We would have another chance of reapplying early.

What evidence did of meeting in the two years previous did you provide? Not much beats the the passport stamps showing you traveled to her country. And I mean literally photocopying those pages and circling the stamps showing entry and exit. Also some good advice I got from the USCIS support line, yes there is one or two good people on that line, don't assume they have not lost your evidence or didn't understand what it was. When you respond to an RFE, send everything you sent before to prove that part of the requirements plus more. And write out exactly what each piece of evidence is and how it relates to the question in a letter.

5 months is way too long a wait to get a reply to an RFE response. You should be getting your senators and congressman involved, and also the USCIS ombudsman. I am guessing, your RFE reply has been misplaced. Yes they received it, but have no idea where it is at this point.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Then why didnt they just deny the petition in the first place? Whyb did they give the RFE? Do they do this just to play games with people and waste their time? If they had denied in the first place, I would have filed another petition and it would be probably approved by now

The evidence you sent in response to the fife doesn't count as it was all evidence AFTER you sent the petition

There lots of people that I have read about

Then why didnt they just deny the petition in the first place? Whyb did they give the RFE? Do they do this just to play games with people and waste their time? If they had denied in the first place, I would have filed another petition and it would be probably approved by now

The evidence you sent in response to the fife doesn't count as it was all evidence AFTER you sent the petition

There lots of people that I have read about in VJ who filed with literally nothing, got the rfe, responded to it and got approved in not a long time as this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.