mmiller2001

Well, Might be in Trouble!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

K-1 Visa, Port of entry did not give my fiance a I-94. CBP is closed because our government is on furlough. What do we do? The arrived Sept 25th.

Edited by mmiller2001

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I didn't get mine either but you can retrieve either at the airport or thrue the homeland security page, so check first on the web page to see if you guys are lucky and she's registered there already, if not you have to go to the closest airport , i think it's immigration services offices. Get ready to wait a long time to get it though. Good luck!

Hi, I didn't get mine either but you can retrieve either at the airport or thrue the homeland security page, so check first on the web page to see if you guys are lucky and she's registered there already, if not you have to go to the closest airport , i think it's immigration services offices. Get ready to wait a long time to get it though. Good luck!

Incorrect - you obtain this online. Simply google I94 and go from there. very simple.

Timeline

Incorrect - you obtain this online. Simply google I94 and go from there. very simple.

Yeah, I tried that, and didn't work.. so that's why they prob have to go to Customs and Immigration Services as I did. However, all experiences are different, so there is no such a thing as being correct or incorrect about these particular situations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, i just discovered it's electronic. Not all airports are on the system yet. The user guides need to be updated. Using the search function led me to old info, I nearly panicked. We do have to correct her name. Double first names are a problem for the system.

event.png

Just wait two weeks after POE. As far as i know its ALL electronic. They no longer give hard copies.

Yeah, I tried that, and didn't work.. so that's why they prob have to go to Customs and Immigration Services as I did. However, all experiences are different, so there is no such a thing as being correct or incorrect about these particular situations.

Go ahead & go stand in line at the airport. Let me know how that works out for you!!

Timeline

P.s this is also the form to get her SS# issued!

I thought just grown ups and respectful people would join this site.... I guess I was wrong ..oh well..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Come on, folks -- let's act as though this discussion is between good friends.

If the on-line method doesn't work, the Deferred Inspections office of CBP at the airport could help. If that's closed for any reason, go into the airport, contact the on-duty CBP agents (there may be a house-phone with the correct extension) and ask for the Shift Supervisor.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I thought just grown ups and respectful people would join this site.... I guess I was wrong ..oh well..

Ummmm... SS# stands for social security number, nothing disrespectful.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

K-1 Visa, Port of entry did not give my fiance a I-94. CBP is closed because our government is on furlough. What do we do? The arrived Sept 25th.

I don't get this, do you mean anybody just can walk through the gate? Perhaps, my knowledge on this subject is limited. When I was dating my wife, she always received that I-94 card coming here as a non-immigrant with a return date on it. Just knew when that date came, had to take her back to the airport or we will be in deep trouble later on.

Its also my understanding that the vast majority of illegals that are here, well to be politically correct, call them non-documented personnel now, have slightly overstayed their I-94, like 20-50 years. Not that many come here by crossing that desert.

As long as you arrived in time into the twilight zone at the airport, you were okay. But if your flight was delayed for any reason like weather or they can't find a missing screw, you were stuck there. Sleeping on the floor and trying to survive on way overpriced junk food. You could not leave the airport.

But maybe my impression of that I-94 is all wrong, just based on experience. She received a I-94 card stapled in her passport, on return, they took it back.

I don't get this, do you mean anybody just can walk through the gate? Perhaps, my knowledge on this subject is limited. When I was dating my wife, she always received that I-94 card coming here as a non-immigrant with a return date on it. Just knew when that date came, had to take her back to the airport or we will be in deep trouble later on.

Its also my understanding that the vast majority of illegals that are here, well to be politically correct, call them non-documented personnel now, have slightly overstayed their I-94, like 20-50 years. Not that many come here by crossing that desert.

As long as you arrived in time into the twilight zone at the airport, you were okay. But if your flight was delayed for any reason like weather or they can't find a missing screw, you were stuck there. Sleeping on the floor and trying to survive on way overpriced junk food. You could not leave the airport.

But maybe my impression of that I-94 is all wrong, just based on experience. She received a I-94 card stapled in her passport, on return, they took it back.

Things have changed a bit since then. The I-94 is available to download online vs paper stapled into a passport.

?????

SS# = SSN = Social Security Number

Not sure what you're thinking of.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

What am I missing !!!????

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.