2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Nebraska Service center is such, sometimes super fast and makes us surprised and sometimes so quiet you will think that they aren't working at all. I hope till end of the month they will make another wave where my case will be in :) Just i am wondering your ideas about: 100 case above and below much people are approved already, it is weird but they skipped like 11 case inducing mine. How does it work?! When my case will get approved i think my wife and i will celebrate it like more than any holiday :D Wish everything great for all of us October filers.

I remember when TSC was second to CSC. What happened to them? :blink:

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Timeline

From 14 April Including 22 April

April: 97% Nebraska 92% Total (All service center together) 97% Nebraska 92% Total (All service center together)

May: 83% Nebraska 78% Total (All service center together) (+2%)85% Nebraska (+4%)82% Total (All service center together)

June: 85% Nebraska 81% Total (All service center together) 85% Nebraska (+1%)82% Total (All service center together)

July: 70% Nebraska 84% Total (All service center together) 70% Nebraska (+1%)85% Total (All service center together)

August: 0% Nebraska(No filers!) 84% Total (All service center together) 0% Nebraska(No filers!) (+3%)87% Total (All service center together)

Sept.: 69% Nebraska 77% Total (All service center together) (+18%)87% Nebraska (+8%)85% Total (All service center together)

October: 52% Nebraska 46% Total (All service center together) (+26%)78% Nebraska (+23%)69% Total (All service center together)

All those statistics are based on below links.

January: https://docs.google....ZJYmwtdmc#gid=0

February: https://docs.google....Y1cXBNbFE#gid=0

March: https://docs.google....rive_web#gid=19

April: https://docs.google....p=sharing#gid=0

May: https://docs.google....RkWDZUSEE#gid=0

June: https://docs.google....xaNjJzUGc#gid=0

July: https://docs.google....p=sharing#gid=0

August: https://docs.google....5uUGF5WGc#gid=0

September: https://docs.google....J4TEFLM3c#gid=0

October: https://docs.google....eUE&usp=sharing

Timeline

i am getting impatient all day more and more! 183 day waiting, come on Nebraska dont make me to regret that i got picked by you and not CSC or Vermont! Do it for me please. (Do it or i will never see Nebraska in my life in USA even i wont go through it :)) Guys need more coffee and red bull!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i am getting impatient all day more and more! 183 day waiting, come on Nebraska dont make me to regret that i got picked by you and not CSC or Vermont! Do it for me please. (Do it or i will never see Nebraska in my life in USA even i wont go through it :)) Guys need more coffee and red bull!

Im praying your NOA2 will come any day.....

Edited by LovingAdiguns

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

For people that are waiting still for an approval I hope you get it soon!! But don't get too down- my PD was 10/1 and it took 6 months and 10 days to get the approval. There were people at the end of September who were even just getting approvals recently. So I know everyone will get approved really soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nebraska Service center is such, sometimes super fast and makes us surprised and sometimes so quiet you will think that they aren't working at all. I hope till end of the month they will make another wave where my case will be in :) Just i am wondering your ideas about: 100 case above and below much people are approved already, it is weird but they skipped like 11 case inducing mine. How does it work?! When my case will get approved i think my wife and i will celebrate it like more than any holiday :D Wish everything great for all of us October filers.

I know the feeling about NSC. It feels like it is dead now. LOL!

I don't know exactly how it works but my guess is- depending on your case, whether I130, I140, AOS, etc etc they issue you a number as they get the cases, thats why you will see so many cases approved or not right before you as they maybe filing for I765, I140 etc etc. I think it depends on the priority of kind of case you are on. I believe (with an educated guess) that standalone I130 are pretty low priority in immigration process. I believe illegal immigrant situation, then spouses already in the USA, and people adjusting their status in USA take priority over us. Thats how they have made the system. And of course in the past year it has become really bad. Its also because i think the level of undocumented workers in the USA have increased and i believe political parties realize that if you get them their green cards and on the path to citizenship faster they will make a big difference in the voting in the next elections or the ones after. We are a very small minority in the stand alone process. If you or I were in the USA right now, our process would be done with 5 months. I know three of my friends who filed in late september, and two in november have already gotten their Green Cards. i also know of two other couples, who filed in march and april last year and got their green cards by july. this is when the standalone I-130 were taking a year. And yes they were not on expedited process.

And then there is a random effect. I think a bunch of cases on random in the case files go to each desk and it depends on the officer processing your paperwork - how slow or fast they are in processing. Thats why i think sometimes people with the same priority date has their paper processed before you.

Its a mess of a system right now. I sincerely hope that we all get our paperwork done soon. Wishing everyone the best of luck. :goofy:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs: That's strange since I thought USCIS had updated their system (if you have signed up for their email/text notification alert). :huh:

NSC was ON FIRE last Thursday and Friday. So many approvals. Well, it's been very quiet for the last two days. I hope they didn't burn out. :unsure:

Well, I have a feeling that most Oct filers will be approved by the end of this month or early next month. Fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

CSC: 82%

VSC: 62%

NSC: 78%

TSC: 44%

Total: 69%

I think they ran out of coffee and red bull. Maybe we should all get together and collect monetary funds to keep supplying them with coffee and red bull supplies. :idea::rofl:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I just got APPROVED!!

PD: Oct 22nd, direct to NSC.

Finally, relief, now there is at least a semblance of an actual timeline for this ordeal to be over.

Post Decision Activity

On April 23, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

IR-1/CR-1 VISA:
USCIS
10/18/2013: I-130 Sent
10/22/2013: NOA1
04/13/2014: NOA2

NVC
00/00/2014: Case shipped to NVC

00/00/2014: Case received at NVC

00/00/2014: Case number assigned

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got APPROVED!!

PD: Oct 22nd, direct to NSC.

Post Decision Activity

On April 23, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Congrats! You filed a service request, correct? Was that an expedited request? Anyhow, it looks like it paid off! :thumbs:

NSC: 81%

Total: 70%

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline

Thanks.

I filed a service request, and an expedite. However, I haven't received a response to either yet.

So it seems this was just normal processing, either that, or they got tired of my other half badgering them every day.

IR-1/CR-1 VISA:
USCIS

NVC

Timeline

Congrats! You filed a service request, correct? Was that an expedited request? Anyhow, it looks like it paid off! :thumbs:

NSC: 81%

Total: 70%

How long did it take for your case to get to NVC and have you been given a case number from them yet ?

IR-1/CR-1 VISA:
USCIS

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.